IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm not sure anyone has quite as wide a side to side range as you do.

True enough that's a pretty fair assessment

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to boycotting playing at Kitthawk. I was practicing at their short game area and found a rock bigger than my golf ball. So I decided to go to the clubhouse and I gave the guy there a bit of a talking to. I left the rocks on the counter for them as a bit of a reminder.

I refuse to play at that course at all now. I'll probably still practice there because I can use my own golf balls and not have to donate any more money to that bunch of garbage.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am going to boycotting playing at Kitthawk. I was practicing at their short game area and found a rock bigger than my golf ball. So I decided to go to the clubhouse and I gave the guy there a bit of a talking to. I left the rocks on the counter for them as a bit of a reminder.

I refuse to play at that course at all now. I'll probably still practice there because I can use my own golf balls and not have to donate any more money to that bunch of garbage.

They are mowing too fast and the mower is missing a bunch of spots. I'm gonna have a chat with Jana, but the div of golf manages the course, not her. Maybe she can give me a contact. It's getting quite ridiculous there. I definitely miss Gem City / Greene CC. It was awesome playing pristine conditions. =\

- Shane

They are mowing too fast and the mower is missing a bunch of spots. I'm gonna have a chat with Jana, but the div of golf manages the course, not her. Maybe she can give me a contact. It's getting quite ridiculous there. I definitely miss Gem City / Greene CC. It was awesome playing pristine conditions. =\

I emailed Kelly Pressel the golf division managers. I painted a nice picture of what would happen if a golfer struck one of those rocks out of a fairway bunker and just happen to hit another golfer in the head. Just a nice way to say, what cost more actually spending a week before the season preparing the bunkers for the sand or a big lawsuit liability.

If that doesn't wake her up, I'll send an email to the city commissioner.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Played the Falcon yesterday with an old buddy and the mowing job was a bit sloppy. Had strips of missed grass around several greens. It also seems way too early for the greens themselves to be as dinged up as they are.

I emailed Kelly Pressel the golf division managers. I painted a nice picture of what would happen if a golfer struck one of those rocks out of a fairway bunker and just happen to hit another golfer in the head. Just a nice way to say, what cost more actually spending a week before the season preparing the bunkers for the sand or a big lawsuit liability.

If that doesn't wake her up, I'll send an email to the city commissioner.

They honestly need to replace the sand in all the bunkers. They started doing this a few years ago. Not sure why they stopped. Money I assume. That sand is not the right kind of sand for a golf course. Its awful.

Played the Falcon yesterday with an old buddy and the mowing job was a bit sloppy. Had strips of missed grass around several greens. It also seems way too early for the greens themselves to be as dinged up as they are.

All the fairways are like that. That's what happens when you run the mower too fast.

- Shane

Good thing you guys have a crapload of courses down there to play, still a little jealous of the selection you have.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Good thing you guys have a crapload of courses down there to play, still a little jealous of the selection you have.

Still haven't made a trip north yet for a round. Surely the greater Lima area has a course the equal of mighty Kittyhawk.

Still haven't made a trip north yet for a round. Surely the greater Lima area has a course the equal of mighty Kittyhawk.

There are 2 courses that I like in about a 30 minute radius of Lima. The problem is, our are isn't doing very well economically so most courses are not really doing well enough to keep themselves well maintained. About 15 years ago there were probably 6 or 7 nice courses in that same area.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator

There are 2 courses that I like in about a 30 minute radius of Lima. The problem is, our are isn't doing very well economically so most courses are not really doing well enough to keep themselves well maintained. About 15 years ago there were probably 6 or 7 nice courses in that same area.

Is one of them Colonial Golfers Club?

It may have had a different name when I was at school, but that's the only course I played near there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is one of them Colonial Golfers Club?

It may have had a different name when I was at school, but that's the only course I played near there.

Last I played Colonial it wasn't really being well taken care of. To be fair, that was probably 10 years ago at least. I prefer Hidden Creek and Hawthorne Hills. They are the nicest/best maintained besides Shawnee Country Club which is private.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

The rocks at Kittyhawk are bad and a real problem. That said, I'll be interested to see how Community's mud traps are looking. Playing the bunny course this afternoon.

The rocks at Kittyhawk are bad and a real problem. That said, I'll be interested to see how Community's mud traps are looking. Playing the bunny course this afternoon.

There traps are muddy, I visited on yesterday.  ;)

At least I didn't hit a golf ball size rock.

The greens at community are in great shape. That course always does well when we get average to above average rainfall. They really grew in nice this year and are fast.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

They should change the name to Kittyrock. The mowing at K-rock is also horrid too. They are missing big patches and not mowing every day. The rough is getting to be 6" in spots too. It's bad when your ball sits down in the fairway. If they are going to keep the course in this shape, they should adjust the slope/rating.

There traps are muddy, I visited on yesterday.  ;)

At least I didn't hit a golf ball size rock.

The greens at community are in great shape. That course always does well when we get average to above average rainfall. They really grew in nice this year and are fast.

I played there two weeks ago and it was in pretty good shape. I think I will start playing there more. I like Madden too. Both are definitely more challenging to walk though. Did you get a membership to B-creek @saevel25 ?

- Shane

I'm sure that a player with the skills of @saevel25 primarily plays Hills, I toured the Dales yesterday.

The traps were the usual Community mud/dirt, but a couple did have a substantial number of rocks in them. At least, they do manage to properly cut the grass. I do agree that the greens were in good shape. They probably putted as fast I can remember, but you can already see signs of what is to come. Somebody took two big strips out of the 8th green from front to back. Unfixed ball marks are starting to accumulate on several greens. I repaired more than I made, but you can tell where that's going to go.

Of all the area courses, Dales is surely the most fitting for someone of my skill level. Unfortunately, that's probably why it gets as much use as it does. Try as they might, the greens will surely be a spiky mess by June.

I had a chat with Jana last night. They are hand picking the rocks out of the bunkers. I asked about the mowing. She said they are trying, but the weather has been cutting into their mowing time. I'm sure they will get there. As far as the bunkers... I'm not so sure. That's a LOT of rocks to be removed. They need to completely remove the sand and replace. It will never happen. Too costly.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!