IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wait, I'm not sure I understand correctly, they filed a grievance because he was painting tee markers? I don't understand how/why that's a bad thing.

That does sound strange. Who knows with the Muni courses.  Probably was doing a union members job and someone complained. I've hear that happens a lot in Dayton.

He was not a union painter, therefore, grievance. This is why the course is in such bad shape. They can't fire the idiots who aren't qualified to run a mower other than along a street.

I just posted another seething review on GolfNow. It's titled "Goat Track".  It's sad because the people who work there are awesome. My friend Scott Sliver just make it onto the Nov. ballot for City Commish. Perhaps I can get him to make some changes if elected.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, seriously? Talk about some petty crap. I'm not typically anti-union, but I've heard some pretty crappy things that they've done and it's starting to color my opinion of them in a negative way.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

He was not a union painter, therefore, grievance. This is why the course is in such bad shape. They can't fire the idiots who aren't qualified to run a mower other than along a street.

I just posted another seething review on GolfNow. It's titled "Goat Track".  It's sad because the people who work there are awesome. My friend Scott Sliver just make it onto the Nov. ballot for City Commish. Perhaps I can get him to make some changes if elected.

So you are friends with the guy who keeps littering the right of way with small signs :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Hello Everyone!
Been on this site for a few years.  Don't really post much, just read some of the threads when I need a break at work. Didn't know there was a Dayton group.  I live about a mile away from Yankee and Pipestone.  Usually play Yankee, Pipestone, or Kittyhawk when I can get my friends out.  Usually end up playing Rollandia or The Practice Center in Franklin during the week after work just to get out and hit the ball around.  Look forward to talking with everyone.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Hello RichWW2.

Now, Rollandia is my kind of course. Perfect for my length off the tee.

It's always good to hear what's going on at the area courses. For instance, you are doubtlessly aware of the problems we are having at Kittyhawk. This group can help serve that end, so any and all contributions are welcome.

Hello RichWW2.

Now, Rollandia is my kind of course. Perfect for my length off the tee.

It's always good to hear what's going on at the area courses. For instance, you are doubtlessly aware of the problems we are having at Kittyhawk. This group can help serve that end, so any and all contributions are welcome.

I have only played the Falcon this year, and that was the one day in February it was 70 degrees.  It sucks to hear they are having problems. I grew up in Huber and I've played there as long as I've played golf.  Hopefully they can get it turned around.

I got out last night with a friend to The Practice Center and played. It's a decent course that seems maintained pretty well. $10 for twilight walking is a pretty good deal.

In My Bag:

We need to have a get together soon.

Yeah definitely. Headed out of town this next week. I'd be game for a round on the weekend of May 23-24 and I was thinking Meadowbrook may be the way to go.

Yeah definitely. Headed out of town this next week. I'd be game for a round on the weekend of May 23-24 and I was thinking Meadowbrook may be the way to go.

I will stick mostly to the city courses this year since I bought a pass (idiot). I would like to play Meadowbrook again though.

- Shane

We need to have a get together soon.

I'd be game for that. I've never played Meadowbrook before.

In My Bag:

This is the fairway at Kittyhawk. They are getting it shorter, but still pretty shaggy and they're missing big pieces.

Community has a lot more consistent conditions.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Community has a lot more consistent conditions.

It stinks because KHawk is so close to my house. I should email that photo to the director of golf. This is NOT a weather issue, it's a lazy employee issue.

- Shane

It stinks because KHawk is so close to my house. I should email that photo to the director of golf. This is NOT a weather issue, it's a lazy employee issue.

I agree it is an employee issue. I think the City doesn't employ enough people to maintain the courses. When the spring gets rainy they struggle to keep up. The equipment can't handle the thick tall grass. I remember a few years ago all of community was basically 2 inches of fairway grass and 5 inches off rough. They just couldn't keep up with how fast the grass was growing.

Yea, Kittyhawk seems to be a big step bellow in the quality issue.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I agree it is an employee issue. I think the City doesn't employ enough people to maintain the courses. When the spring gets rainy they struggle to keep up. The equipment can't handle the thick tall grass. I remember a few years ago all of community was basically 2 inches of fairway grass and 5 inches off rough. They just couldn't keep up with how fast the grass was growing.

Yea, Kittyhawk seems to be a big step bellow in the quality issue.

This looks to me like the velocity of the mower is higher than the blades can cut. It was taken Friday evening after a dry spell. I don't think the "wet conditions" would be a valid excuse for them. I'm not a greens keeper, but it seems like common sense. Are all golf courses in the area having this problem?

- Shane

Conditions are improving at Kittyhawk. The tufts of missed grass in the fairway are smaller than they were over the weekend and not so many clumps of cut grass laying around.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 1886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!