Jump to content
IGNORED

What is the best high spin golf ball for the price?


Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts



Originally Posted by Jmdmbike

You might want to try the Bridgestone e5. it's a 2 piece ball I believe, but with a soft cover like the higher cost tour balls. Heard good things about them. I also buy used balls rated as mint condition. Quite a bit cheaper and basically like new condition.

From what I have read the e5 is the highest spinning ball that is not considered a premium ball on the market.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Srixon Z-Star or Bridgestone B330.  Pro V1s are overpriced and overrated.

First off, they're rarely more than $0-$5 more, and are almost never $10 except when someone's liquidating old balls or something. That's your opinion. The problem is you're stat

I went into GolfTown yesterday and almost cried when the guy told me they don't have the TP Black/LDP anymore....That ball plays like a ProV1X and is priced like the NXT Tour.



Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Srixon Z-Star or Bridgestone B330.  Pro V1s are overpriced and overrated

For someone with titleist in their username, you really come off as a fountain of misinformation. You may not be able to afford Pro V1s, but to call them *overpriced and overrated* is just asinine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

aside from the V1 and V1x (my personal favorite)....the NXT Tour is very good and the DT So/Lo is surprisingly so for Titleists low end 2 piece...so/lo runs about 20 bucks a box....

FYI: I dislike the NXT (not to be confused with the NXT Tour!) as I find it very rock-like....no feel at all!     Just my opinion......good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Innovex V-Motion and the Bridgestone E5 both tested extremely high for spin, and both cost $30 and $27 per dozen respectively. The V-motion actually spins slightly more than the E5, but they're harder to find since Innovex is a pretty small company. Both balls spin way more than any other ball in their price range.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by meenman

For someone with titleist in their username, you really come off as a fountain of misinformation. You may not be able to afford Pro V1s, but to call them *overpriced and overrated* is just asinine.



Why? Because you disagree? Or because you're a ProV1 lemming???

I always say the same thing. PROVE to me how the ProV1 is so superior and maybe ill believe you. Commercials and sales records dont prove a thing. It just means people are gullible and the company has a great marketing strategy.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by I AM PRO V1

I have heard very good things on the Srixon Z-Star, anyone tried them?



I play the Z star X, its a great ball! Buy a sleeve, I think you'll like them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP's topic, if you want a nice "Tour" quality ball and enough spin try a sleeve of the Srixon tri-speed TOUR balls. Not the tri-speed, but the tri-speed TOUR… Its a great ball. I used to play it until I went to a softer ball with more spin. I think it puts the NXT tour to shame.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a couple dozen of the Srixon Tri Speed Tour balls when they went on sale at the local Golf Town. Really good ball and excellent value. I normally buy used NXT Tours in mint condition, but would not hesitate to use the Srixon, it's an excellent ball.
Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Why? Because you disagree? Or because you're a ProV1 lemming???

I always say the same thing. PROVE to me how the ProV1 is so superior and maybe ill believe you. Commercials and sales records dont prove a thing. It just means people are gullible and the company has a great marketing strategy.


Far from a pro v1 lemming. Someone called the prov1 overrated and overpriced, while suggesting 2 balls that are similar in price that are no better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by meenman

Far from a pro v1 lemming. Someone called the prov1 overrated and overpriced, while suggesting 2 balls that are similar in price that are no better.



When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!



Once again, go back to the post I replied to, those balls are $3/dozen cheaper than the pro v1s. Neither is considerably better than the Titleist ball.

The anti - Titleist posts are weak at best.

If you want to hate on the Pro V1, at least be consistent and hate on every other $40+/dozen ball. Or better yet, show us why one of these $1 balls is so much better than the real leader.

I no longer use the Pro V1, but it is more due to what is better for my game. Short game does not matter when you cant get to the green........

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe you dont understand me or maybe I dont understand you. Either way Im not "getting" your post…

I thought I very clearly stated my opinion, and why I have it.

I also didnt say "I didnt like the ProV1" at all, I just said it was overpriced and overrated… So, respectfully, WHAT IS YOUR POINT???

OP's question was: "what is the best high spin ball for the price?" And its obviously the Taylormade Penta. $39.99 a dozen, unless on special for buy 2 get 1 free, then they're approx. $26.66 a dozen. The ProV1, the Srixon, Bridgestones, and the Callaway are all $40+ and never on sale…

I also stated that the Srixon tri-speed TOUR ball was a good ball for a good price with a good amount of spin. The Taylormade Penta when on sale is still cheaper than even the Srixon tri-speed Tour. THEREFORE, The Taylormade Penta is far and above "The best high spinning ball for the price"!!!

I have proven my point, now its your turn… if you can…

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pro V1 is a great ball. But agree the price is overpriced.

Pro V1 is not 'head & shoulders' than other premium balls.

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

When you compare all the "pemium" balls out on the market and they are all 99.9999% the same in every performance category, yet the ProV1 is the most expensive by sometimes $10 a dozen, i'd say that "overpriced" & "overrated" are accurate descriptions….

First off, they're rarely more than $0-$5 more, and are almost never $10 except when someone's liquidating old balls or something.


Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Someone, anyone, PROVE to me that the ProV1 spins more, flies further, checks faster, etc… over the Penta, the Srixon, the Callaway, etc… and maybe ill eat my words. As of now… That Titleist ProV1 is an overhyped, overpriced, & OVERRATED golf ball. Played by lemmings… Hahaha *note* I didnt say I haven't played, won't play it, or wouldn't play it in the future. Its still a good ball. Its just no better than the rest of the premium balls out on the market. Sorry guys, but the ProV1 supremacy is done!!

That's your opinion. The problem is you're stating it like it's a fact. So here, I'll "prove" it to you: for my game, and for Dave Wedzik's game (on this I can speak for him), no other ball has the best combination of spin, feel, distance, trajectory, and control as the Pro V1x.

But that's not "proof" and nobody can offer "proof" because it's all opinion. Duh.

Originally Posted by 18thbunker

Pro V1 is not 'head & shoulders' than other premium balls.


It's also not priced head and shoulders above other premium balls.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Read again. I never said priced 'head and shoulders' above premium balls.

I said it is not 'head and shoulders' in performance compared to other premium balls.

Originally Posted by iacas

First off, they're rarely more than $0-$5 more, and are almost never $10 except when someone's liquidating old balls or something.

That's your opinion. The problem is you're stating it like it's a fact. So here, I'll "prove" it to you: for my game, and for Dave Wedzik's game (on this I can speak for him), no other ball has the best combination of spin, feel, distance, trajectory, and control as the Pro V1x.

But that's not "proof" and nobody can offer "proof" because it's all opinion. Duh.

It's also not priced head and shoulders above other premium balls.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • For the record and for what it’s worth, I’m not a Xander fan. I just think he’s pretty good. 
    • Maybe. Maybe not. That’s why I said it “could be.” Statistically things aren’t in his favor because, as you mentioned, the field is pretty good. But he’s also pretty good—one of the best statistically-speaking. Sometimes just a little bit of success can spur one on to do more. He looks like he has the talent, so I guess we will just have to wait and see.  Curious: is there something in his game or swing you see that you don’t like? You’d know better than I, for sure. To me, he looks very solid. I didn’t know if maybe you saw something he needs to fix, just based it purely on the numbers, or the fact that you don’t like him and that your dislike of him could have tainted your view of him (even if deserved!). 
    • And I'd wager that within a reasonable version of "launching pad" it won't be. He won a weak, limited-field event. I'm sure it feels great - it's one event every FOUR years instead of majors which are four events every year (usually). But it's not even as good as winning a WGC event or the Masters or something (also limited field events) as an actual achievement. I'd be willing to wager that simply because: There are a lot of other good golfers out there. He hasn't done it yet, and for "this" to be the catalyst, he'd have to do it within the next year or so for this to be the "launching pad." Who cares if he, like Sergio, wins a major 15 years later? The 1999 PGA was not the launching pad for Sergio's Masters win. Nor were any of the Ryder Cups in which he played so well, etc.
    • Make some swings in a mirror and try different things. See what your feels produce. I don't really know what you mean by "using your knees" in this way, and quite honestly, I don't think you do either… not because you don't think you know, but because you're probably not doing what it feels like you're doing. Move the hips properly, and see what the other body parts do. Do it in a mirror so the feedback is immediate.
    • Feel is different for everyone. Use the one that gets you the result you’re looking for.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. ercxi
      ercxi
      (33 years old)
    2. Garea51
      Garea51
      (70 years old)
    3. iamwardicus
      iamwardicus
      (37 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...