IGNORED

My Swing (gwlee7)

gwlee7
Note: This thread is 4058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's what happens when life gets in the way and you don't get to play or practice like you'd hoped for several months.  Nothing like feeling that you are right back to square one:

Anyway, things are getting to where I should be able to get back to work.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by gwlee7

Here's what happens when life gets in the way and you don't get to play or practice like you'd hoped for several months.  Nothing like feeling that you are right back to square one:

Anyway, things are getting to where I should be able to get back to work.

Greg that's nowhere near as bad as before.

Just stop your swing at what will probably feel like A3 and work on Keys #2/#3 now. You're plenty good with Key #1 at this point to play great golf.

You're over-swinging (shoulders rotate too far, left arm bends, neck flexibility results in head going up because you can't turn your torso 120° and keep your neck inclined at the same angle). That's all.

Move on Greg. #1 is fine.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Funny you say that.  After I shot this video and packed everything up, there were a few balls that were left up the range by someone else.  I hit a couple of them with only thinking about stopping swinging back when my shoulder "touched" my chin.  I crushed them with a really good ball flight.

The ball flight on the dtl shot looked great!  Key #1 is much better than before Greg.  Erik is right on with his post.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...

Amazingly, since I have moved on from Key 1 to Keys 2 and 3, my head looks more steady than ever in the FO view:

I have been working mostly on getting my weight more forward and that looks a little better too.  What I am most encouraged about though in the DTL is how my right knee is not kicking out as badly as before and I am hitting very tight shots that have very little movement in them.  Just a little leakage either left or right.  Mostly, the ball is "trying" to turn over a little left to right so I know that I am catching it from the inside:

Well, Stephan went right back to key 1 in my latest lesson. It's his first time looking at my swing so he's not seen just how bad my head was moving before. One of these days, people will finally say "Look at how nice and steady his head is". Arrgh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Bit shorter, Greg, on both sides of the ball. I'm sure you've seen the drill with me in the green shirt (Mike and I filmed an updated version recently). But good overall - keep at it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!