IGNORED

Ace on a Par 4. Nice!

Stretch
Note: This thread is 4563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd be happy just getting an ace on a par 3. Better order that 48" Cobra driver if I want to reach those par 4s.

I'm usually even pretty happy with birdies! ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely give that guy a plaque all to himself. Anything less is a shame.

I've actually come close on 2 occasions, to holing out on a par 4, however they were very short par 4s at my local course. The one is "286 yards" from the blues but there is a significant down-slope 20 yards before the green that is about 50 feet high and angled to the green. On this hole, you can carry a drive around 230-240 to actually hit the green. I did this on one occasion and as our group drove to the top of the hill on the cart path, we saw one ball which was 8 inches from the cup, being mine. My ball mark (more like a crater) was on the fringe and rolled out about 5 feet only. My buddies and my father were with me so it was really something (yes I did make the Eagle putt lol).

The other occasion was a severe dogleg right. You can either play the curvature of the fairway and hit a fade/slice to the green or simply take a straight shot over the tree line. The hole plays 296 to the cup but again, this can be reached with 235-240 if you're able to get enough loft on your driver and play over the tree-line. We came to the green to see that a ball was at rest only one foot from the green. This one I personally don't consider "close" (close doesn't count anyway, I know that) because I missed the eagle putt due to the severe break.

Aside from this, I've been inches away numerous times on Par 3s and still hoping I'll be able to one day claim an Ace to myself.

I've had 3 aces & numerous hole-outs from the fairway for eagles on par 4s & 5s...but never an ace on a par 4. Hit the pin once on a 280-yard par 4 & had a 2 inch eagle putt.

That is just freekin' awesome that you made one!

Definitely give that guy a plaque! What an amazing accomplishment!

I have come close myself, 265 yard par 4 in a scramble event playing with my dad my uncle and his friend. My buddy and his family were in the group ahead and watched the shot. I found out when I got to the green that the stick kept the ball out of the hole!

Driver:  R9 Supertri 10.5* -  909D3 9.5*

2 Hybrid:  2009 TP Rescue 17*

Irons:  R9 TP 3-PW

Wedges:  Vokey 54* & 60*

Putter:  2Ball Vline 34"

Originally Posted by jamo

I'm usually even pretty happy with birdies!

id take par's hahaa

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

One guy from our club got his name on another clubs board for 2 albatrosses on THE SAME HOLE. How the hell do you get 2 on the same hole?

Kim Jong-Il plays out of your club?  i thought he stuck to North Korea?

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/1-211-Kim_Jongil_Best_Golfer_in_the_World.html

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

lol. It was a short par 5, about 440m from the back tee.

Originally Posted by drglew

Kim Jong-Il plays out of your club?  i thought he stuck to North Korea?

http://www.oobgolf.com/content/fore+play/1-211-Kim_Jongil_Best_Golfer_in_the_World.html

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• 2 weeks later...
Note: This thread is 4563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!