IGNORED

Ace on a Par 4. Nice!

Note: This thread is 3444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played in the mid-week club comp today and one of our better players, off scratch, had a hole in one on the par 4 fourth, which was playing 312 meters (341 yards) to the stick. (The greens staff went back and lasered it afterward.) It's OB right and the wind was behind and from the left quarter, so he hit a smoking cut off the big gum tree protecting the left side. Thought the drive might possibly have made the green but couldn't see it. Checked the left greenside bunker, then went back to see if it tied up in the rough around the tree. Was busy angrily poking the shrubs around the green when the rest of the group went to putt out and the flag tender found his ball in the hole.

ss4.jpg

Debate now is about how to properly commemorate this mighty blow. The club has very nice wooden boards on the tees of all the par threes with engraved brass plates recording aces. Seems a waste to put one up here, since it'll only ever have one name. But maybe that's the point? Visitors will stand on that box in perpetuity, going: "No ****ing way!"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow!!  I vote for the plaque on the tee!  Not a waste at all IMO.  I would want my name being the only one.

You need to play a bit more. I am sure in the next 1000 rounds or so you will get one.

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

That's a pretty rare sight there.  I played a par-3 course today and tried to make a hole-in-one on every hole.  Still waiting....

That's spectacular. :-) Another vote for putting his name on the tee. (Although it'll make every double bogey on that hole afterward look even more shameful. :-D )

I just came from my old club (where I now just go to hit practice balls) and they have a hole in one honour board in the clubhouse that includes albatross. There are 2 names recorded as having an albatross on the par 4 6th.

Originally Posted by iacas

First, you do it once. Then, you do it again.

C'mon, seems pretty obvious to me.

Haha!!   That's the exact thing that went through my mind when I read that

I'd be happy just getting an ace on a par 3. Better order that 48" Cobra driver if I want to reach those par 4s.

Note: This thread is 3444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!