IGNORED

I just don't want to play a ProV1

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oh, little Seanie loves it - he has nothing else.. apart from being a non-boutiqued 'Forum Leader' on a very, very famous golf forum, where he has got like 17000 posts. Really? Yippie-Ki-Yay.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Beukes

Just go **** yourself, bud.

Originally Posted by Beukes

Oh, little Seanie loves it - he has nothing else.. apart from being a non-boutiqued 'Forum Leader' on a very, very famous golf forum, where he has got like 17000 posts. Really? Yippie-Ki-Yay.

Look... we're happy to have you, but if you can't behave maturely (that's basically the ONLY rule we really have here), then just do yourself and everyone else the favor of leaving.

If you continue to behave immaturely, you can hang out in the Penalty Box for awhile.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Look... we're happy to have you, but if you can't behave maturely (that's basically the ONLY rule we really have here), then just do yourself and everyone else the favor of leaving.

If you continue to behave immaturely, you can hang out in the Penalty Box for awhile.

No problem, iacas, leaving. Just revise your selection of 'Forum Leaders', okay? Even if they have like 17000 posts and tucked out shirts. Adieu.

• Administrator

No problem, iacas, leaving. Just revise your selection of 'Forum Leaders', okay? Even if they have like 17000 posts and tucked out shirts. Adieu.

Our selection process is fine. It's you who's behaved poorly. Shame you couldn't act like someone born in 1996 let alone 1966. Au revoir.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

I consider myself a decent judge of character, but I'm surprised I only had to push what - 2 buttons? - to see your "we must honour the history and majesty of this grand old game that kicks the @#@^ of kickboxing"  (paraphrasing a bit there) house of cards come a tumblin' down.

There are people I don't get along with on this site, there are people who probably wish I'd reserve comments (and judgment) on a couple topics, and there are some who probably just generally don't care much for me. But the funny thing is, at the end of the day I still have the utmost respect for all of them, because they are who they say they are.

If we played golf together I could play at their level (i.e. keep the ball in play while dressing nicely and playing by all the rules - like I always do for my HC, tournament, and league play rounds) and if they ever found themselves playing a practice round at a little backwater track like mine, they'd probably look the other way as my buddy Happy Gilmores his second mulligan on the 18th tee then picks up his 8 footer for "par".

Don't go away mad. Don't even go away at all. Just block me and move on. There's way too much on this site worthy of a heated discussion, and Sandtrappers don't tend to hold grudges. Seriously.

• Upvote 3

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Don't go away mad. Don't even go away at all. Just block me and move on. There's way too much on this site worthy of a heated discussion, and Sandtrappers don't tend to hold grudges. Seriously.

Careful.  You guys are going to make for a great place to hang out on the net if you don't watch it. .  Nice restraint there fellas.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

So, back to the Pro V1 and why "Titleist" somehow becomes translated to "Entitled", anyone?

Just kidding.

Back on track though, play the ball that best suits your swing speed and overall style of play. This goes for any level player. Unless, of course, you have unlimited funds. In that case, feed those White Amurs all the Pro V1s that they can stomach!

Talk about a thin skin!

What keeps this forum vibrant is that we like discussing golf and othe i ssues and, as Sean just stated, people don't hold grudges.

And, I would venttre to say that things don't even really ever get that heated - occasionally some people have a little trouble understanding irony or someone else's sense of humour or whatever, but we move on and talk about something else.

I don't know Sean personally, but I have read enough of his posts to see him as being a fair and decent person, as well-deserving of his "Forum Leader" status as anyone else who takes the time to respond to other members' questions and comments in a detailed and useful way.

Beukes - lighten up and realise that you have the choice to read or not read what people say. You certainly don't have to agree with anyone else either.  But, if you do choose to express your disagreement, at least be civil enough to do it in a reasoned and articulate manner. No point alienating yourself. For all we know, you may well have some views that we all share and would value your input.

The moderators here pretty much let things run and that's how we like it. It's a system that works.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Having a grudge against someone on this forum makes about as much sense as a guy who has an irrational grudge against ProV1's. Wait. What? :)

• Upvote 2

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I think boycotting a certain manufacturer or model of something is completely irrational and could actually hinder your game if you'r boycotting something that would be of benefit.

Now get your Callaway crap out of my sight...

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I heard that a Forum Leader's salary gets doubled at 17, 000 posts and you get a free sleeve of Noodles.

While some may not like the brand, I do like Titleist, but only for their Pro v line, player's irons, and wedges.  Oh, and I do like the Dry-Joys as well.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

After all your advise, reading reviews on TST, an on-line quiz on a few manufacturers' sites, and an on-line chat with someone at Bridgestone, I'll be trying out the B330 RXS.

I just hope they don't become too popular because I hate playing a popular ball.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I am new to this website but not new to golf websites as well as other forums on different subjects and every forum has a few.........

Back to the discussion of balls,  I played the Pro V-1 when it first came out and we would seem it on the tee.  Then progressed to the Pro V-1X and then off to try a bunch of other premium balls only to return after each foray back to the Pro V-1X.

At the beginning of this spring I was given a sleeve of the Srixon ZSter XV yellow balls and the first thought was back to the days when colored balls meant cheap balls.  After playing a couple of rounds with those XV's I bought 4 boxes of them and played away this summer with them.

Last week I found a mint Pro V-1X and hit a second drive with it after hitting the XV.  They both seemed to be just fine with a very little difference in feel, distance and performance.  I thought well the Pro V-1X's are still a great ball.

I've played some of the balls that my grown sons play, Gamer 2, E5+,and even some Slazenger Raw Distance Feel and came away with the impression of ,other than putting, I could score good with any of those balls and did score good when playing with them.  (Beat both of them, Yessss!)

What I found was that the quality of the contact I made with the clubface was more critical for the ultimate distance and performance of the shot than the label on the golf ball.

Just my opinion,.....but I like it.

I know what you mean about wanting to be different and not simply be one of the sheep however, use one, don't use one; who'll really care? An additional thought though; IMO, the new version of the ProV1 is a horrible ball cf. the older versions. Feels like a rock. Hate it.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

I think the whole fanboy / one of the sheep is usually limited to those new to the sport or those with a casual interest.  I decided over a year ago I wanted to take up the sport seriously but was uninformed.

I've learned a lot in a year thanks to the Sand Trap (still have a lot to learn) and wasted a lot of money on equipment chasing longer drives, better approach shots and perfect putts.  I now realize that no driver is going to result in me hitting a 300+ yard drive even if it has a white face.  No iron set is going to put me 5 feet from the pin every time from 150 yards out and closer.  No putter, not even a SC guarantees I'll never 4 putt again.  No ball will fly over every water hazard and stop perfectly on every green.

In the year I learned the importance of getting properly fitted and to play what works best for me, even if that means it's not the latest and greatest or most popular on tour.  If you find a piece of equipment that works with your swing don't worry about who makes it or what people think, just enjoy the low scores you'll post with it, life's too short.

Joe Paradiso

Why don't you just play the ball that best suits your game?

++++++1.

I dont even know what the rest of this thread read like, but this is exactly what I was thinking the whole time I read your post. The fact is, the ProV1 is an excellent ball. You cant deny that. Its not for everyone. I love the feeling of it compressing against the club face, its great from the fairway, chipping and putting. Its the only ball I will play. I have gone down the road of trying other balls, particularly the Bridgestone's because of their price point. I also tried the Z-Stars at various times because they too had a special so I used that to test them. The Callaway and Penta never interested me. All the while, I just kept coming back to the ProV. Its the only ball in my practice bag. Its not about following the pack, or what the tour guys use, or what my mates use (well, Im the only one that uses them), its what feels the best and gives me the best results. The only thing you need to do is figure out if you need the ProV1 or the ProV1x. I played the former then switched to the x earlier this year. Its a great ball. Just use it, we wont think any less of you.

come_at_me_bro-160-1.jpeg

My fist is gonna come flying thru the screen, I promise!!! Put up your dukes!

Constantine

Note: This thread is 4354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!