IGNORED

Which Golf Bag do we all use?

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking to update my old and tired golf bag and are unsure what brand or type to go for. I am presently using a Titleist carry bag, but I am lookng for something that will organise the clubs a little better and stop the shafts on the woods from getting damaged.

Do you guys/girls have any suggestions. Those Ogio bags look quite nice but I am unsure if we are able to get them down here in Oz?

Thanks for all your help

BigDog (jase)

"He has put some hurt on that ball Jack!"

Driver: R7 (BIGDOG)
3 wood: Ovation Tight Lies 630 VCG-RB
Hybrid: Staff 21 degreeIrons: 690 CB forged (4-PW)Wedges: 54 degreePutter: Guerin Rife Two Bar MalletBall: Bridgestone tour 330Home Course: http://gailesgolf.com.au

I just brought a Ogio Grom that holds all my stuff and protects my clubs.It was a little pricey 149.00 but I'm worth it!As for my cart bag I have a Callaway that holds everything I own and still has room for the grand kids!!!

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I use a Sun Mountain "hybrid" bag. It is mostly a cart bag but it does have good shoulder straps and stands so I don't have to switch my clubs when I do walk. I like the fact that it has full length, individual dividers to organize and protect my clubs.

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

ping hoofer style, although it would be nice to have a Tour Cart bag for the days i play with a cart!!

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Oops sorry for the humongo pic. Can't figure out why it's so large.

In The Bag
SQ 5000 10.5

SQ Sumo 3 wood
MP-32 3-PWGolden Bear Gap Wedge SV Sand Wedge MP T Lob WedgeYes Golf Callie Putter

Izzo bag...then a TaylorMade bag...then finally wised up and bought a Ping Hoofer....those things just ROCK!

THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

I have to get a new bag as well. I was leaning towards Ogio as they have a bag that's like 3.6lbs-but the colors kill me. I would prefer a straight up black bag w/minimal extra colors. Does Ping have extra light bags? I have not seen any in my local golf shops.

driver:G2 graphite reg flex
FW:HiBore 3w, G2 7w
Irons:: x20, 4-pw steel shaft uniflex
wedges: SW and GW, steel reg
Putter: G5 Craz-eBalls:Callaway HX Hot

i use the ogio vaporlite...that's their super lite bag and its great, of course i could use a bit more pockets but its got the awesome woode system for club organizing.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

I'm currently using the Titleist X66 Carry Bag.... its a huge carry bag... pretty heavy at 6.7 lbs but I can hold everything that I have ever wanted in there.

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I have the Ogio Fuze. I liked the Ping Hoofer more.

Driver: Titleist 905R with Aldila NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909f2 w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Club 19*
4-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

The nice folks at Ogio were kind enough to hook me up with an Atlas for nothing. I would have bought it anyway. It's an outstanding cart bag. With the exception of the rain hood, there isn't anything I'd change on it.

My Website: Qwowi Golf

In my Atlas Bag:
Driver: R7 SuperQuad 9.5° VS Proto 65-S
3+ Wood: G10 4 Wood: G10 Hybrid: 585H VS Proto 80-SIrons: X-20 Tour 5-PWGap Wedge: Vokey 200 Series 52°Sand Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 56°Lob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60°Putter: Bettinardi BC1

Walter Hagen stand bag suits my needs just fine, im just starting out

In the Bag
Driver: R580XD 10.5*/Stiff Flex
3 wood: R7 Steel/Reg Flex
Hybrid: Tight Lies 17*/Reg Flex
Irons: R7CGB Max/Regular FlexWedges: R7CGB Max/Regular FlexPutter: Heavy Putter A2-M Ball: NXT tour

OGIO?Got one about 6 months ago and love it. Tons of pockets,a cooler for a bottle, a zipperless ball pocket plus many others. Look online a bunch of places sell tham and you can find them pretty cheap.

In the bag:
Driver- Ping g5
Cobra ss 3 wood
Adams 21deg. 7 wood
Cobra s9 irons 4-gw Cleveland 56 and 60 deg cg 10 wedges Nike Oz mallet. The first one.

Another vote for Ogio (if you can get one there). And a second big fan of the Woode divider sytem they -- and others -- use. Full length dividers, putter well and notches to keep the irons in place. I haven't seen it, but buddy of mine just got an all-black "CC" model, which sounds like the Grom without the big Ogio logo... intended to be branded by country clubs. All black, no logos, $60US on ebay -- sounds good to me.
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

OGIO Atlas

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

I have three bags that I actually play with, five total bags (the other two just sit and hold my extra clubs).

The three that get playing time are a black Ogio Ozone stick bag, red Burton CXS hybrid and red Wilson X-31 stick bag. For some reason I am always drawn to either red or black golf bags. Plus my generic headcovers are red and black, so they match nicely no matter which bag I use.

Of all the bags, oddly I like the Ogio the least. I played with it for a year and decided I wanted something else. I'm not a big fan of the Woode system and it's a horrible bag on a cart. It's a quality bag and carries well, no doubt but it just didn't click with me.

The Burton CXS Hybrid Bag is a really excellent bag and very versatile. I bought it for the days I wasn't sure if I'd be walking or riding or knew I'd be riding. I didn't want to buy a cart bag since I only ride maybe 50% of the time I play. I've played probably a dozen rounds with this bag and like it a lot. Lots of storage space, good carry straps and the leg system works well. The club divider system is excellent with 14 full length dividers. It's not as heavy as they advertise either -- I weighed mine and it was right at about 6.5 lbs. It's a very good cart bag and a decent walking bag too. If I had to limit myself to only one bag, this would be it.

My most recent bag is the Wilson X-31 Stick Bag . It's a great little bag for the money. Good carry straps, very light (about 4 lbs.) and the leg system is very sturdy. Not a ton of storage space, but then when I'm walking I try to limit the amount of stuff I take on course with me. This is the bag I'll normally play with when I know I am going to be walking.

Unless I break one of the bags or wear one out, I think I'm done buying bags for a while. I like the bags I've got and they fit my style of play. It's always interesting to see what other people like and play with and why.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!