IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Thanks Hacker James. Sunday Ièm going to a big boy course with my brother in-laws, 67.1 rating  116 slope. I think those numbers mean it's a relatively easy course? Anyway, a little nervous and hope my game holds together LOL.

I would not characterize any as a "big boy" course.  and slope is indeed relative, but not necessarily all that much easier. I've seen many courses with a slope of less than 120 to be very challenging. A lot of the higher slope courses have much longer holes and the difficulty only affects the long hitters. We shorter hitters don't seem to get into as many trouble approach positions as we don't have to even thinking about reaching the green in two. Granted, that would call for a better short game as we are forced to get up and down just to make par. Good luck on Sunday.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Thanks Hacker James. Sunday Ièm going to a big boy course with my brother in-laws, 67.1 rating  116 slope. I think those numbers mean it's a relatively easy course? Anyway, a little nervous and hope my game holds together LOL.

Yeah, that should be a pretty easy course...but I've found that course and slope ratings are all relative. Some "harder" courses fit my game better, so I'll play better there than an easier one.

Either way, good luck...just be patient and take it one shot at a time.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

POW! Total blow out lol.

Shot a 119, never got my groove going and never felt comfortable with my swing all day. Hit some great shots but NEVER two in a row and the bad shots were BAD, OB, water , lost and so on and so forth...

Lost two balls on the first hole to start my day, both hooks that went through the tree line and into the farmer's field next door. For every decent shot I hit there was a follow-up of a big hook or a monstrous push. Zero slices though so...I got that going for me ;-)

The clubhouse was closed when we got there so we went out on empty stomachs so that may have contributed to my woes but whatever, I still shot my 84 last week so it ain't the end of the world.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

If it makes you feel better, earlier in the year I shot a 113 on a par 72.

Yesterday, I shot an 87. So keep at it and your scores will surely drop with your level of dedication.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Playing a late night round on my local executive course, they have lights. Hoping to regain my swagger after shooting that abysmal 119.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Playing a late night round on my local executive course, they have lights. Hoping to regain my swagger after shooting that abysmal 119.

I have always wanted to do that.  Have fun!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I have always wanted to do that.  Have fun!

Do what? Shoot 119 or swagger?

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Do what? Shoot 119 or swagger?

119...I could do if I tried hard enough.  Swagger yes, I have always wanted to have that.  Confidence believe it or not is not a strong point for me.  However, what I have always wanted to do but never have is play night golf.  Sounds like fun.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

119...I could do if I tried hard enough.  Swagger yes, I have always wanted to have that.  Confidence believe it or not is not a strong point for me.  However, what I have always wanted to do but never have is play night golf.  Sounds like fun.

It is fun. Gotta bring a flash light though because there are areas (even in the fairway) where the lighting can get a little sketchy, and over the green with no flashlight is death. Obviously prefer playing in the day but the lit courses give you that option of playing after the kids go to bed. ;-) There's another lit course about 45 mins away that used to be 24 hours but I think they scaled back to 3am because that's when they have to stop serving booze, booze is pretty critical to the typical night golfing crowd. Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

It is fun. Gotta bring a flash light though because there are areas (even in the fairway) where the lighting can get a little sketchy, and over the green with no flashlight is death. Obviously prefer playing in the day but the lit courses give you that option of playing after the kids go to bed.

There's another lit course about 45 mins away that used to be 24 hours but I think they scaled back to 3am because that's when they have to stop serving booze, booze is pretty critical to the typical night golfing crowd. Lol.

Ha Ha, Nice!

Nate

Tee off at 8pm. :-D I'll try to take some pics for ya Cipher.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Tonight I just focused on swinging at 80% with every club. Shot an 85 at night golf.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Tonight I just focused on swinging at 80% with every club. Shot an 85 at night golf.

Nice! Looks cool. And nice round as well.

Nate

Thanks. Forcing myself to swing at ~80% really made a huge difference. I felt like I had so much more time to execute properly in the transition. Came up a little short on some of my wedge shots but my long irons seemed to be about the same or even longer. I think I learned something important there if I can just get it to stick in my mind. Maybe I should tape little 80% stickers on my shafts down near the hosel so I'm reminded at address, or write it on the toes of my white Trues with a big fat sharpie lol.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Been stopping at the course in the am on my way to work to spend ∼20mins hitting soft pitches on the practice green.They have a nice big practice green about 20' x 50'  with lots of contours and plenty of space to pitch from various distances. Really starting to get comfortable with the "float-loady" feel and have been hitting most of my pitches within 3-4 feet with the occasional tap-in distance thrown in. Even started seeing some nice results with opening my 56* way open and hitting flops with the green sloping away from me and getting some of those pretty close too. Going out for a round of night golf tonight with a couple of buddies, wish me luck!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Pissing rain the past few hours but it's supposed to stop around 7. Going to tee off anyway. My buddies are all whining about the course being too wet but I don't generate a lot of spin so I kinda like those nice and receptive greens! Might take a few holes to get the speed right though...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Nice! Looks cool. And nice round as well.

I'm jealous of this. My local course only has a lighted range, so when I'm there at night, I just play part of hole 9 in basically complete darkness. I rely on my "muscle memory" to make a good swing and sound of the ball hitting the ground to try and find it. Last time I was there, I knocked one 6 feet past the pin from like 130 - 150 yards out. I was stoked because the swing felt good, but where it was going was a guess. I knew I hit the green but wasn't sure where. Anyway, I didn't even know lighted courses existed. My idea of night golf from what my dad has told me he used to do, is playing in darkness with glow-in-the-dark balls and flashlights. I really want to do that. If my course here was lit, they'd have to kick me off the course and I'd probably hide in the woods so they couldn't if they didn't know I was on the course. As it is now, I'm always the last one at the course even when the lights cut off at 9:30. Then, I just go chip and putt on the green which has a little light from the parking lot lights.

• 1 month later...

Alright, winter's approaching and the course and ranges are all getting set to shut down so it's time to head back to the basement to torture myself with video of my crappy swing :-P

I got a little slack on practice part way through the summer as Evolvr had me scoring the best rounds of my life. As you start to see good results you kinda want to play a helluva lot more than practice so winter will be good for me as my golf fix will be limited to practice with, maybe, the occassional simulator round thrown in once in a while.

Here I am trying to get the same pieces right:

1. flatter shaft coming through A5-A6
  2. Hands inside clubhead at A6
  3. Trail knee working towards the target instead of towards the ball

First one is pulled a bit and probably would have hooked I guess. I like the second one though, I hit the line I wanted, just pushed a bit to make space for, hopefully, the drawing action.

Thoughts/feels I'm working with are:

• delay my hip rotation until around A1.5-ish, this seems to keep me closer to on-plane and somehow helps with my over-all sequence
  • initiate DS with trail knee driving towards target
  • swing to the right

This is my first somewhat focused practice session in quite some time but I'm happy with what I see considering how I've neglected practice. I've cancelled Evolvr for now as I feel that I have more than enough to work on with these key#4 pieces but I will be back once I think I'm ready to add pieces.

So with no Evolvr input I'm relying on the TST community to let me know if they see me heading in a bad direction at any point.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2917 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!