IGNORED

My Swing (Ernest Jones)

Ernest Jones
Note: This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Look up the info on turning the hips on their inclined plane, then do that more. :)

Thanks for pointing that out, I can see what you mean. My next evolvr submission might be a while due to my reduced practice schedule but I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, particularly in light of my reduced practice schedule.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol. I can foresee an immediate future with me practicing with an alignment stick in my pants trying to get this down.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Looking very good there EJ.   noticed you did not have a lot of  follow through on swing 2 and 3, but I have not read all the thread and you may well be working on something that does not require completing the swing.  I am also curious as why you report your rounds for 9 holes. I know awhile back you stated something like you had yet to break 51, and the last ones you posted a 46/48 and said you had only one "round" over 50.  So the improvement is evident.  I have had some good 9 hole rounds also, with the most recent low at 41, but I usually blow it all to heck on the other 9 and still end up in the mid nineties.  I am anxious to get set up and record a decent video that folks can pick apart.  It will be soon. I want to do it right and will set up with alignment rods as you suggested, I ordered a tripod and it should arrive tomorrow. The camera I am using is marginal, but for now it will be adequate. Its actually pretty good out of doors.  Keep it up, I wish I had "half" the dedication that you possess.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Somehow lost everything I had gained recently. Back to being steep, back to cutting across the ball, back to an out-of-control trail foot.

SO frustrating after some of my biggest steps forward 2 days ago and then 20 minutes ago I was hitting ****ing push-slices with a 52* wedge FFS.

Anyone wanna buy some clubs...

I guess I better just go back to being on vacation before my wife strangles me . Time to drink some beer and reset.

Posting the video for posterity's sake. Not necessarily looking for commentary as I can pretty much see the crap myself but feel free to call me hack, duffer, loser, bozo or whatever else comes to mind. I'll be drinking by the pool...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

It happens bud.  I shot the 36 yesterday and then 42 this morning.  Just stick with it and keep working hard.  I admire your dedication and can relate to the frustration.  But most importantly, you Canadians are allowed too much vacation time.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

EJ...Don't be so hard on yourself .Golf is like that  I know that you and I do not always agree, but give me some credit, I've been around this game a long time. Sometimes you can "over train". Just relax, get out and PLAY GOLF for the game's sake. Don't worry about score, heck, don't even keep score. You will be surprised, suddenly you will hit that "perfect" shot, followed by another, then another......I am sure you have heard the anecdote "Paralysis by Analysis". There is a lot to that. After you find your game again,then you can practice on certain areas if you like. You have come a very long way from your own accounts. These are "true" accomplishments.  Set your own standards, don't follow somebody else's.

I like the idea of the Molson's.  (I drink it too when I can find it, either that or Steinlager).  There are a couple of articles in this month's Golf Digest that address these and similar issues.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Thanks Hacker James. Don't worry, I'm very resilient, I just like to vent once in a while.I also haven't been able to play golf in several weeks so I'm definitely getting inside my own head a little too much. It's all good and I'm not anywhere near as hard on myself as my posts would lead some to believe, like I said, just venting.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

as he reaches for another cold Molson......

"James"

as he reaches for another cold Molson...... c2_beer.gif

Well actually molson, labatt etc...are all piss but I get your point. I'm washing my woes in Spanish Rioja right now.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Ernest, you are always helping the rest of us and I wish I could give give back some meaningful advice. Unfortunately, I don't know #*$^ about golf. But I read enough posts by single-digit players to realize they have the same struggles as the rest of us. You know you'll get it back - probably the next time out. Likewise, no matter how good you get, this won't be the last time you have a crappy day.

That wasn't very meaningful was it? Damn it! I suck at golf and am even worse at trying to be supportive.

Jon

You suck and should probably quit golf. I'll give you $200 for your clubs.

Or you can stop whining and keep at it.

Roadblocks come along, we all regress (some more than others...me), but just keep choppin' wood. You'll be fine.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

LOL, seriously all, thanks for the support but it's hardly intervention time. I'm fine, gotta take a break for a few days and then go back at it slow and specific and build back up to where I was when I lost it all. I was getting ahead of myself and instead of practicing on the edge of my ability, I was neglecting to continue to build my foundation. Funny game golf, building a swing is like stacking marbles.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

You suck and should probably quit golf. I'll give you $200 for your clubs.

Or you can stop whining and keep at it.

Roadblocks come along, we all regress (some more than others...me), but just keep choppin' wood. You'll be fine.

You sound like my wife, well except for the $200 part...

Jeez, I guess I better find somewhere else to do my venting. Tough crowd LOL.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

You sound like my wife, well except for the $200 part...

Jeez, I guess I better find somewhere else to do my venting. Tough crowd LOL.

Vent all you want. We'll just tell you to stop whining.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been starting to see some real progress with a flatter shaft from A4 to A6 with an outward path, my shaft more or less covers my forearm in the DTL view around A5.5, happy about that. No video to post at the moment but a side effect of this has been my lead arm at A4 is way below my shoulder plane basically bi-secting my bicep or there abouts. I'm just wondering if I should be concerned about that or ignore it for now? Clubhead at A2 is well inside but I think it's due to late wrist cock a la Steve Stricker which I believe is ok provided I can get to a decent A4. Maybe more UP and less IN from A2 onwards?

I'm working on getting some new video for this thread and for evolvr as well but was hoping for some comments in the meantime.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I would ignore it for now.  IMO I don't see anything wrong with possibly exaggerating something too much at first.  Let your instructor tell you it is too much, unless it is an obvious fault.  Good work bud.

I have been working on on little thing for weeks.  Tried to video it today for my upload and realized I completely regressed on it...

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Here's some video, hope y'all don't mind bare feet.

Second one is pushed a bit too much.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the saddle after about a month off due to work, travel and frustration with golf. About 80%+ of the balls I hit today at the range were push draws right on target. I even hit a super thin rocket that never got 5' off the ground and that had a nice draw on it too LOL. The majority of my misses were pushes that never turned over and were probably unplayable :-(  Some of my misses were just me missing my start line and hitting straight draws, these would have been playable although not pretty. Gonna look to get a few more range sessions in before submitting to evolvr ...or maybe I'll send this in, I haven't used evolvr in over a month but continue to pay so maybe I'll just use this for a check up.

Really just focusing all my attention on swinging to 1st base which has really helped shift my path outwards, zero slice spin which is nice although some of the straight pushes end up in the same forest as my old slice!

Clubhead pretty much consistently inside at A6 which is half the battle for me, definitely other issues with my swing but all I care about for now is Key#4 stuff.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!