IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

Wow, dude.  Hope you're feeling ok.  When did the dentist say you'll be back to, "normal?"

Got my ON Whey Gold Standard today.  It's interesting because the label of AMP said optimal use was before and after the workout and I was reading ON label and it doesn't say when you should use it so I guess I'll just use it post workout.

No workout yesterday as I had to prep for a meeting today and take care of some personal stuff so planning on doing legs today and push day tomorrow before I head down to the city to see my mom for the weekend.

Yeah I actually feel pretty good. A little swollen, but no real pain surprisingly. Which also means I get to store my Vicodin for a later more needed date haha.

I typically get a protein shake in right after my workout. Or if I need more to hit my goals, but that's about it. Hit like 140 g of protein yesterday and didn't even have any solid food haha.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I actually feel pretty good. A little swollen, but no real pain surprisingly. Which also means I get to store my Vicodin for a later more needed date haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

I typically get a protein shake in right after my workout. Or if I need more to hit my goals, but that's about it. Hit like 140 g of protein yesterday and didn't even have any solid food haha.

Wow, 140 w/o any solid food is pretty impressive.

I used to drink a shake 1/2hr before I'd workout, then workout, then run on the treadmill from 25-40 minutes, and then drink the shake.  I'd probably be better to drink the shake before I run on the treadmill to allow it to perform to its maximum potential.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Wow, 140 w/o any solid food is pretty impressive.

I used to drink a shake 1/2hr before I'd workout, then workout, then run on the treadmill from 25-40 minutes, and then drink the shake.  I'd probably be better to drink the shake before I run on the treadmill to allow it to perform to its maximum potential.

Meh, I had like 4 smoothies. Made one with an apple pie quest bar...it was sooo good.

Ryan M

Meh, I had like 4 smoothies. Made one with an apple pie quest bar...it was sooo good.

Oh, never thought of making a shake with ON and a Quest bar.  That'd be a heck of a lot of protein, haha

Christian

Oh, never thought of making a shake with ON and a Quest bar.  That'd be a heck of a lot of protein, haha

Ended up being like 61 grams lol.

Peanut butter, banana, milk, ON Rocky Road protein, and an apple pie quest bar. Best smoothie ever.

Ryan M

Ended up being like 61 grams lol.  Peanut butter, banana, milk, ON Rocky Road protein, and an apple pie quest bar. Best smoothie ever.

I made an ON, banana, milk, and ice one earlier today. Was delicious

Christian

Ended up being like 61 grams lol.

Peanut butter, banana, milk, ON Rocky Road protein, and an apple pie quest bar. Best smoothie ever.

So, I tried to make a similar smoothie with ON Vanilla Ice Cream protein, banana, milk, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest bar to go along with my egg whites, salami, and pepperoni breakfast.

Pro: 68g of protein, only 20g of fat and 38g of carbs (smoothie 49g of protein, 9g of fat, 36g of carbs)

Con: Couldn't find a good way to grind up the Quest bar.

I'm curious how you got the Quest bar to be part of the smoothie.

Christian

So, I tried to make a similar smoothie with ON Vanilla Ice Cream protein, banana, milk, and a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest bar to go along with my egg whites, salami, and pepperoni breakfast.

Pro: 68g of protein, only 20g of fat and 38g of carbs (smoothie 49g of protein, 9g of fat, 36g of carbs)

Con: Couldn't find a good way to grind up the Quest bar.

I'm curious how you got the Quest bar to be part of the smoothie.

How much milk?

What I did was ripped up the bar into small pieces and threw it in, then dumped a full cup of milk on it. It blended with the milk, protein, PB, and bananas perfectly.

Ryan M

How much milk?

What I did was ripped up the bar into small pieces and threw it in, then dumped a full cup of milk on it. It blended with the milk, protein, PB, and bananas perfectly.

I put in 1/2cup of milk with 6 smaller ice cubes.

Originally I put the whole bar in with the ingredients.  Then when I poured out the smoothie, I realized the bar was still intact, so what I ended up doing was breaking up the bar and then using the blender on just that.  The issue is that it went all over the inside of the blender.  So, after that, I poured all the contents back in and mixed it up all over again.  Got most of the protein bar but figured there had to be a better way, haha.

Christian

I put in 1/2cup of milk with 6 smaller ice cubes.

Originally I put the whole bar in with the ingredients.  Then when I poured out the smoothie, I realized the bar was still intact, so what I ended up doing was breaking up the bar and then using the blender on just that.  The issue is that it went all over the inside of the blender.  So, after that, I poured all the contents back in and mixed it up all over again.  Got most of the protein bar but figured there had to be a better way, haha.

lol

Yeah, break it up into small pieces first, and then dump a full cup of milk in.

Ryan M

lol

Yeah, break it up into small pieces first, and then dump a full cup of milk in.

Well, 1/2cup of milk is 6 carbs so I'm comfortable with that to limit my cabs intake a bit.

My smoothie is:

1/2 Cup milk

1 Ounce frozen banana

1 Scoop ON  Vanilla Ice cream flavor

1 Choc. Chip cookie dough power bar.

6 smaller ice cubes

380 calories, 49g of protein, 9g of fat, 36g of carbs, and a whole lot of deliciousness!

Christian

I just don't like running on the treadmill.

Nobody does, that's why I use kettlebells ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm finding it more and more difficult to do cardio after my workout.

I just don't like running on the treadmill.

Nobody does, that's why I use kettlebells

Our elliptical is in our bedroom pointed at the TV.  I throw the headphones on and rock out to music AND put the TV on golf channel and that seems to pretty easily break the monotony.  I also find that there is a point 6,7,8 minutes in where I cross over from disliking it and being bored/wishing I was done to "I wonder how long I can keep up this pace?  This feels great!"

Full disclosure though:  I'm also only 1 or 2 weeks into actually making an effort to get into shape.  Let's hope I still have the same motivation in 3 months.

Our elliptical is in our bedroom pointed at the TV.  I throw the headphones on and rock out to music AND put the TV on golf channel and that seems to pretty easily break the monotony.  I also find that there is a point 6,7,8 minutes in where I cross over from disliking it and being bored/wishing I was done to "I wonder how long I can keep up this pace?  This feels great!"

Full disclosure though:  I'm also only 1 or 2 weeks into actually making an effort to get into shape.  Let's hope I still have the same motivation in 3 months.

Good luck staying motivated!

I just look over at the treadmill and then think about how much continuous running is involved and I'm not one that enjoys it.  I've never been big on working out but the strength training I can motivate myself to do because it's at my own pace whereas the running is constant over 25 minutes.

I might just give up the cardio portion and stick to strength training.

Christian

Good luck staying motivated!

I just look over at the treadmill and then think about how much continuous running is involved and I'm not one that enjoys it.  I've never been big on working out but the strength training I can motivate myself to do because it's at my own pace whereas the running is constant over 25 minutes.

I'm not really concerned with muscles or strength at the moment, I just want to be thinner.  To be honest, I never really made a conscious effort to say I'm getting healthy now or anything like that.

It's all been a bit serendipitous to this point.  I chose to stop drinking soda, then felt a bit better, then a co-worker got himself a fitbit (wife already had one) and after talking for awhile I decided to get one for myself.  And now all of a sudden its a game where we're competing to see who can take the most steps.  The fact that I can actually style it as a game helps me a lot.  Just running or cycling or ellipticall-ing :-P for the sake of doing it is not nearly as fun as doing it to reach specific immediate goals.

That would be a good idea. You get plenty cardio doing strength training. Also current research shows that steady state cardio is not only

not effective but is harmful to your cardiovascular system. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is all you need if you want cardio benefits

and that only once or twice a week.

Doug