IGNORED

Your Workout Today

iacas

I agree. Many of my high school football, track, ice hockey, and baseball team mates were superior athletes that went on to play in college and pros. Ran into a couple of those guys in the last ten years. 90% of them have two or more health risk factors.Β 

There response to me........your body looks the same as it did in high school. Just said to them I turned into a fitness freak! I have exercise addiction. Don't be like me.

Good Morning JCrane:

Starting my early morning with 40 minutes on the elliptical machine. Resistance bands circuit 3x15. Cool down with 15 minutes of treadmill walk-run intervals to maintain speed and quickness.Β 

This afternoon, meeting the bike club members at the San Pedro Marine for a 60 min bike racing criterium intervals.Β 

Finallly, play nine holes of Par 3 golf and cool down with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I reached my goal of working out twice a day for one week. I have been doing this activity, one week of double cardio workouts, for the past two years. My Xmas present.

What is your workout for today?

5 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

Good Morning JCrane:

Starting my early morning with 40 minutes on the elliptical machine. Resistance bands circuit 3x15. Cool down with 15 minutes of treadmill walk-run intervals to maintain speed and quickness.Β 

This afternoon, meeting the bike club members at the San Pedro Marine for a 60 min bike racing criterium intervals.Β 

Finallly, play nine holes of Par 3 golf and cool down with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I reached my goal of working out twice a day for one week. I have been doing this activity, one week of double cardio workouts, for the past two years. My Xmas present.

What is your workout for today?

Actually reading your post makes me realize we can build up to more if we want. After a hamstring pull and an episode of tight back muscles, I am up to daily Pickle ball. I see it now as a muscle adjustment. I am now playing until I start getting sloppy, then I quit. Like all my other workouts I have found I have to slowly condition the muscles to accept more challenge. Once my energy level is high for Pickle ball, I plan on reintroducing the swim program that I set aside when I pulled my hamstring. I am sure you will agree that it is really fun to challenge the body in different ways and watch how it responds

Today I played for two hours, then will go do hot Yoga for an hour later tonight, then spend some time on the inversion table to finish

Thanks for asking and keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to others

Thank you for being an inspiration to me to stay fit and healthy as an older adult. I have to remember I can't play team sports like a teenager. That is the competitive side of me. My mindΒ  says you can move like a teenager when playing basketball, soccer, and street hockey. However, my body says your an old man.....you will get hurt if you try to keep up with the youngsters. It sucks getting old.Β 

Keep me posted in your daily workouts. Enjoy reading and learning something new about fitness and golf.Β 

A wise old Indian chiefΒ  called his son over to tell him the story of two dogs. Two dogs were born at the same time. One was a very friendly and trainable while the other was not trainable and very hostile. After a short period of time. the old India chief asked his son,Β  Which one survived.Β 

sensing this was a trick question, his son smartly said he did not know.

The wise old Indian replied : The one that was fed

Did not do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Had a hard bike racing workout this afternoon. I did 30 minutes of indoor spinning as a recovery ride and stretched. Also, no golf today. I will hit the range Saturday. I will play on Xmas Eve after my bike ride around the Palos Verdes Peninsula in southern California.Β 

What did you do today?

I guess i should start to jump in here. Friday night,Β 10 min elliptical, phase one day 3 Kia fitness for golf, 10 min Bike, breakdown, 5 min warm up , 5 min 30/10 50 revs/ 130 revsΒ  per min.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went to fitness center at 6:30 am. 40 minutes on the elliptical machine. Circuit weight training machines 2x10, and 2x5 on Bench press, shoulder press, and leg press machine at 80% 1rpm. Cool down with 20 minutes of indoor spinning.Β 

My evening workout will be 35 minutes of indoor spinning intervals and stretching.

Love the two workouts a day.Β 

20 hours ago, kenhockey2 said:

Did not do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Had a hard bike racing workout this afternoon. I did 30 minutes of indoor spinning as a recovery ride and stretched. Also, no golf today. I will hit the range Saturday. I will play on Xmas Eve after my bike ride around the Palos Verdes Peninsula in southern California.Β 

What did you do today?

woke up and did not feel recovered, so I waited until noon then did a 75 minute hot Yoga class

18 minutes ago, kenhockey2 said:

Just finished 30 minutes of indoor spinning as a recovery ride while watching the Vikings vs Packers game. Go Green Bay.Β 

you will need a recovery after the game also lol

Starting Xmas eve morning at the fitness center with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. Circuit weight training machines 2x10, 60% of 1 rpm. 1.5 hour bike ride in afternoon. Finish the day with nine holes on the Par 3 course.Β 

Played on a 9 hole regulation course with only two Par 3 holes. Used all irons. Haven't played on regulation course in years. Had a good time. Shot bogey double bogey. Broke glass ceiling. Need to regrip my clubs.Β 

Finished with 30 minutes of indoor spinning intervals.Β 

Now time to celebrate Xmas eve dinner with family.Β 

Did you get your workout in today?

Xmas morning workout at 6:00 am. .......50 minutes indoor spinning intervals. Resistance Bands Circuit strength training 3x15. Kettlebell clean and push press 3x10 with 20 lbs. 15 minutes indoor spinning as a recovery ride.Β 

Will go to range and hit balls in afternoom. Finish Xmas day with 30 minutes of walk run intervals.

JCrane.......You and the family have a nice Christmas Day.Β 

Happy New Year 2018. Started the morning doing 50 minutes of indoor spinning intervals. Next, circuit weight training machines 2x10. Cool down with 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. I will go to the driving range to hit my hybrids and irons.

Β 

35 minutes on the elliptical machine this morning before going to work.Β 

i will try and get in another 30 minutes on the elliptical machine after work.Β 

15 Minute Run just getting back in the swing of things after the holiday break. Far cry from my days as a college athlete, but at least I am getting after it.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 12/21/2017 at 7:24 PM, kenhockey2 said:

I agree. Many of my high school football, track, ice hockey, and baseball team mates were superior athletes that went on to play in college and pros. Ran into a couple of those guys in the last ten years. 90% of them have two or more health risk factors.Β 

There response to me........your body looks the same as it did in high school. Just said to them I turned into a fitness freak! I have exercise addiction. Don't be like me.

Β 

5 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

15 Minute Run just getting back in the swing of things after the holiday break. Far cry from my days as a college athlete, but at least I am getting after it.Β 

The hardest part of changeΒ is to give ourselves credit for the steps we take and not to compare ourselves to what others are doing or what we used to be able to do. It is a series of I cans that are strungΒ together back to back over time that lead to our success. Good Job !

• Like 1