IGNORED

Dubai World Championship 2011

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd really like to see Álvaro win this one. I hope he can keep it together over the weekend. I watched him at the Madrid Masters a couple of years ago and it is difficult to put into words just how far he hits it. MILES comes to mind! And he's pretty straight too.

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

This is a looong course, long hitters will have a change imho. Go Alvaro!!

Btw... seeing Luke looking for his ball in the bushes is kinda weird... 1st player in driving accuracy! :D

What a round by Kaymer, right back in it.

Luke Donald charging as well. And Rory looks very frustrated early in his round.

They just showed that Donald is only 26th in scrambling on the European Tour, I tought he would be higher on that list.

Donald has the race wrapped up, but it will be interesting tomorrow to see who wins the event. Quiros has a habit of exploding from time to time, like last week when he was leading after 3 rounds and shot 39 on the front 9 Sunday.

Looking at his final rounds this year, in the 15 stroke play tournaments where he has played all 4 rounds he has shot 74 or worse 8 times, including 2 79s and a 78.

Having said that though he has an impressive 5 wins in the last 4 years, I fully expect to see him on the Ryder Cup team next year.

Had he confidently birdied the last hole, I would have put money on him winning tomorrow. Now I'm not so sure.

Great round from Luke. What a year!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Luke really seems to have learned to hang tough when it really counts. Surely he's got a major in him over the next two years?

I'm happy to see Louis O playing well again after his injury troubles. Love that swing!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by makaveli

Sergio should really improve his putting skills!

I put 15 bucks on him to either win or place in the top 5 this week, so here's hoping he has a blinder final round :-)

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Fantastic way to win for Alvaro! Watch out for him in the majors next year, and the Ryder Cup

Luke Donald gave himself a great chance with the 3 birdies at the end, he seems to enjoy doing 'Tigeresque' final round runs lately

So Luke comes 1st in:

The Race To Dubai Money List

Stroke Average

GIR

Putts Per GIR

Driving Accuracy

Insane to be first in both greens and putting for the season....

Excellent win for Álvaro!! I thought he was going to blow it but he came back strong on the back 9. And what an 18th hole!

I'm sure there are still quite a few people in denial, but there is no doubt Luke is a deserving number one.

Originally Posted by deasy55

Lee Westwood also passed out Ernie Els in the Career Money List on the Tour.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/stats/career/index.html

I expect the next photo to have some of this text as the caption.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4531 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!