IGNORED

Tebow...who's got the fever?

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Are you a fan of Tim Tebow?

• Oh yea!
    • Eh, nah.
    • He's ok but, not worth the hype

Tebow makes defenses play 11 on 11 which takes away their advantage.  I don't know if the Denver D can stop the NE offense this time, but if they can then you have to like Tebows chances.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/09/tebows-biblical-game-316-yards-invokes-key-verse/?test=faces

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

NE's run defense is GARBAGE...and i hate to say it but if your (NE) safeties play back instead of up, he'll be able to throw to those so VERY obvious checkdown recievers/backs. denver has as much of a chance or better than NE to win that game next week. Run=tom brady off the field, which they will be able to do as NE's front looks like swiss cheese at best. the offense of NE isn't to be messed with and i'm by no means calling it a given...i'm just saying that denver's odds don't look THAT bad considering they're coming off their best performance in the last 4 weeks, and tebow's best of the year. just sayin lol *stirs the pot*

Statistically, the Patriots are 14 best in the league at rushing yards given up per game. Not amazing, but far from garbage. Statistically better than the Broncos even, though that isn't a very representative stat because the Pats have played from in front more than the Broncos (then again, you could say that about the first stat). The pass defense is bad. Historically bad, even, though by that same reason as before, that's a bit skewed because they play from ahead so often. But the Pats defense is amongst the best in the Red Zone, nearly the best at getting takeaways, and yes, they'll give up the underneath stuff if Tebow will take it. He's had times where he'll much rather run the ball than get McGahee the ball in space.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Jamo, I'm just stirring the pot....I can't wait to see the game...if for nothing else, the fact that tebow and Denver are completely unpredictable

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Jamo, I'm just stirring the pot....I can't wait to see the game...if for nothing else, the fact that tebow and Denver are completely unpredictable

Definitely. This week's game is probably my most anticipated football game since the Pats/Giants Super Bowl that never happened.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He had a decent game against the steelers and took advantage of a lot of opportunities the steelers gave him. The Pats score a lot and Tebow doesn't that will be the down fall but a big reason for his success is Denver's D. I wouldn't be shocked if Denver's D stopped the Pats a couple times this game ended up being close but I still see the Pats winning. I would love to see Von Miller tee off on Brady again because the "Oh Sh*t" face Brady had last time was priceless.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Tebow's pass picked him up a cool quarter million as per his post season clause in his contract.  What we can't measure is how many more fans and endorsement deals await.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5* | Rad Tour 18.5* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

I think NE sucks at defending the pass, and is mediocre against the run. They don't run particularly well, but they pass constantly. I expect the Broncos offense to be too hard to deal with; the steelers were getting killed on play fakes and blitzes since they couldn't cover the pass without help. I doubt the not too scary NE pass rush will be able to get to Tebow, let alone bring him down. The Steelers committed to stopping the run, and managed to do it by loading up the line, but got gutted by long passes and scrambling all game. Letting Denver run won't get you anywhere either, so I expect the Broncos to capably move the ball. On defense, the Broncos will probably have a hard time, since they were successful last week due to Ben being a statue. They won't get at Brady as easily, though they'll pressure him. The Pats rely on short passes which are hard to defend, but I think the Broncos will get a couple turnovers. I expect Champ Bailey to get 2 picks, since he dropped a few this week.

The one thing the Pats have going for them is that their coach is a sly dog, but I think they'll be overconfident and get upset. If they end up winning it'll be Belichick micromanaging his team. I pick the Broncos, 34-30.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Pats are never overconfident.  You never hear any Patriot player or coach talk that way or trash talk an opponent.  You may not like Coach Belichick, because he is not your coach, but you will never hear or see him be overconfident.

Any team that makes the playoff has a chance, as Belichick has stated many times.  Denver showed that last weekend.  But it will be difficult for Denver to keep up the the Patriots O, as was seen in the last game.

Also, the Pats adjust to what the opponent gives them.  The Steelers stuck to their game plan to the very end, which cost them the game.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

There is no more overconfident team in sports than the NE Patriots. They don't show it the same way others do, but they have been that way since they started winning. The playoff game last season vs the Jets was an example; I believe it was Bart Scott who was interviewed and he called them out on it, saying that they talk to the media as if they "Just want to play hard", but they're the cockiest people in the world. Totally right.

Belichick is too smart to be overconfident, but the rest of the team absolutely is. He's the most dangerous asset on the team because he's smart. But the rest of the Patriots are overconfident because they are the Patriots. It can be a strength at times to believe their own hype, but every playoff game is a trap game.

Don't pretend the Pats aren't expecting a blowout every game. They are built to win a lot in the regular season, but now Brady is their postseason plan. Hence, they haven't won in the postseason in the last few years. The Pats don't talk trash, but they reek of smugness. Only perhaps the Packers are worse right now.

In My Bag:

What do you guys think of the McDaniels signing? Denver seems [URL=http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/01/07/broncos-playoff-teams-should-officially-protest-josh-mcdaniels-hire-in-new-england/11679/]up in arms[/URL], despite the fact that they ran him out of town a year ago.

In my bag:

Is this the Bart Scott who was fined $10K for giving the finger to the press?  Is this the Bart Scott who has been whining to the media for many years including years at the Ravens?  He has a standard list of quips he uses.  I hate the F*ing (Insert this weeks opponent).  They cheat, steal, trash talk, hate babies, kick nuns.  If Steeler fans had a nickle for every whine Bart Scott said about them, they could pay the water boy $1MM per year.  We just tune it out up here.

Expecting to win every game and being "overconfident" are two entirely different things.  Every NFL team should expect to win every game. You hate the Pats, that's fine.  You love some other team.  That is great.  I should hope so if you are from another city.

The Pats are confident because the win, a lot.  They won with defense before Polian changed the rules of football to favor offense and now they win with offense.  If your favorite team cannot adjust, then bummer for you.

Is the Pats D porous?  Yes.  Does the team win anyway?  Yes, just like Green Bay and New Orleans and the Giants.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Bart Scott is normally not a player I back up, but was at the middle of the situation between the 2 teams, and his assessment was spot on. Watch any interview of Brady, when he gets asked a question about the upcoming week. He gets a smirk, makes a dismissive comment, and moves on. Belichick tells his players to shut up, they don't talk trash, but their attitude is the same.

The Giants defense had a bad year, but their defense can still play with anyone when they are in form. Like this weekend vs the Falcons. Shut out the offense, the only score was a safety. The Falcons are a pretty solid offense, and couldn't move the chains on a ton of occasions, even on 4th down. The pass rush has been dormant most of the season, but I'd be worried about the Giant's D. Especially since their offense has looked like the Giants lately.

In My Bag:

As a Jets fan I hate the Pats.  You can say what you want about them, but they win.  Are they smug, maybe, but they back it up most weeks.  If you're playing against them and don't like their attitude beat them, otherwise shut up.  Scott and others can say what they want about Brady, but the Jet's are sitting home watching the playoffs and the Pats are playing in it.  Packers were 15-1 and had the best record in the league, until someone beats them they get to be smug.

Joe Paradiso

i'm a giants fan and nothing pisses me off more than giving the PLAYERS on the pats more credit than they deserve. the reason why pats win is for one reason and one reason alone. THE SYSTEM. the play calling and the overall offensive setup with two TE's is the reason they are so powerful. their defense is middle of the road in stats at best, the offensive system is why they win ball games. Brady on any other team...is B in my opinion. Case in point...Cassel. the guy was backup and still won games...why? the plays are designed to nickel and dime, run a few times, and hit deep on strikes up the middle (rarely down the sides, like most teams that have great passers such as brees and rodgers), and almost always to TE's...unless the last name is welker.

• Upvote 1

The two TE's you're referring to are potentially two of the top five in the league.  As for their scheme, sure that's part of it, but the players have to execute in it and the Pats do.  If it was just the scheme, every team would implement it and based on your post they'd all do as good as the Pats but I don't see that happening.

Like I said, I HATE the Pats but as a former H.S. and college football player I have respect for what they have accomplished.

Originally Posted by Gioguy21

i'm a giants fan and nothing pisses me off more than giving the PLAYERS on the pats more credit than they deserve. the reason why pats win is for one reason and one reason alone. THE SYSTEM. the play calling and the overall offensive setup with two TE's is the reason they are so powerful. their defense is middle of the road in stats at best, the offensive system is why they win ball games. Brady on any other team...is B in my opinion. Case in point...Cassel. the guy was backup and still won games...why? the plays are designed to nickel and dime, run a few times, and hit deep on strikes up the middle (rarely down the sides, like most teams that have great passers such as brees and rodgers), and almost always to TE's...unless the last name is welker.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The two TE's you're referring to are potentially two of the top five in the league.  As for their scheme, sure that's part of it, but the players have to execute in it and the Pats do.  If it was just the scheme, every team would implement it and based on your post they'd all do as good as the Pats but I don't see that happening.

Like I said, I HATE the Pats but as a former H.S. and college football player I have respect for what they have accomplished.

lol newto, you're proving my point. its easy to execute with a (ANY) quarterback getting at least 4 seconds in the pocket UNTOUCHED...with 5 options including a rb, two wr's and two te's...its REAL easy to hit one of em esp if they bump off a block for short yardage...comon man, as a player i'd expect you to understand this...

Note: This thread is 4591 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!