IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Luke only said 'i dont think you can do that' then rory remembered he couldnt, its not a big deal!

I know...and rory's response was basically you're right, you can't do that....or something like that. All these reporters do is read the same news feed that we see and then recycle information. The difference between the public and the so called big time ESPN reporters is that most of us actually read the entire article before we open our mouths. Plaschke probably read the headline and just went with it...if he even read it at all. Smith and McMullen just flat out had no clue, so i'll give them a pass....I guess

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by brocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

You clearly place a much greater value on whether the sand was there because of Tiger, Rory or David Hasselhoff. For me though, how the sand got there is largely irrelevant if he would have still swept it out of the way so I saw no reason for the correction on how it got there; it just seemed a little pedantic, hence the eye-roll.

Well, I guess you're entitled to change your opinion on the importance of how the sand got there between the time you went out of your way to say Tiger did it, and the time you got all defensive because someone corrected you.

Suggest re-reading my posts. I simply quoted what was said in the coverage.

I've never slated Tiger (and I sincerely hope he starts dominating on the weekend as he's great to watch) and never changed my mind on the importance of anything; sand is sand is sand. Go back to your Tiger worship.

Amazing. You really don't get that it's not OK to come on here and spout BS. Even more amazing, you think that if it's second-hand BS, that somehow makes it OK. But the fact is that you didn't quote anybody in your original claim, you just spouted BS.

Well, anybody can make a mistake, but it takes a special kind of man to whine and cry and call people names for correcting them.

It wouldn't matter if you had said it was Donald instead of Tiger. It would still be BS, I would still have called you on it, and you would still be posting all day about how unimportant it is to you.

Absolutely and sincerely I don't understand this hostility from you and I'm not sure how many times it can be said. This:

was the information I had when I posted.

You then "called me on it" after which I said, " I retract my previous statement " and went on to explain that the information in the video above was what I'd based the post on. For some reason, my "Happy? " comment (made because quite frankly the sand source is irrelevant to me and I felt you were being pedantic for no reason) suddenly had you telling me I'd changed my mind and was getting defensive.

No "whining", no "crying", and no "name calling". It really can't get much simpler than that.

Anyway I've said my piece, and clearly you're not understanding the situation for some reason so I'm done with discussing it.

• Upvote 1

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Absolutely and sincerely I don't understand this hostility from you and I'm not sure how many times it can be said. This:

was the information I had when I posted.

You then "called me on it" after which I said, " I retract my previous statement " and went on to explain that the information in the video above was what I'd based the post on. For some reason, my "Happy? " comment (made because quite frankly the sand source is irrelevant to me and I felt you were being pedantic for no reason) suddenly had you telling me I'd changed my mind and was getting defensive.

No "whining", no "crying", and no "name calling". It really can't get much simpler than that.

Anyway I've said my piece, and clearly you're not understanding the situation for some reason so I'm done with discussing it.

Holy multi quote! Your last post looks like a Pink Floyd album cover...I think I just experienced an acid flashback without ever doing acid. If you stare at it long enough you can actually see a "Mini Blue Dragon" ha ha ha! Its a comment within a comment within a comment within a within a comment w/ an extra comment. how long have you been working on that? Just let it go man!! I don't think he really cares anymore.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I just hit "Quote" as it's in my settings to multi-quote everything. heh

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I just hit "Quote" as it's in my settings to multi-quote everything. heh

i know...I'm just playing with you!

Is the important rules aspect the location of the ball (on or off the green), the location of the sand (on of off the green), both or neither when considering this penalty? If some sand was put on Rory's ball after it settled, like from opponent's sand blast, then he could remove that  sand regardless of location of his ball. But whether Rory could remove or brush away sand on the fringe that was newly placed in his line of putt, if he lay off the green, is not clear to me. Rory would be entitled to the original lie, but would he be entitled to the condition of the original line?  Expert opinion needed.

I believe that at any time, regardless of the location of the ball, sand can be brushed off the green whether in your line of putt or not. But if your ball is off the green then you can brush the sand that is on the green but not from any other place (through the green). Of course if Rory brushed away a cigarette butt from his line, even off the green,  as he lay on the  fringe that would be OK.

Amazing. You really don't get that it's not OK to come on here and spout BS. Even more amazing, you think that if it's second-hand BS, that somehow makes it OK. But the fact is that you didn't quote anybody in your original claim, you just spouted BS.

Well, anybody can make a mistake, but it takes a special kind of man to whine and cry and call people names for correcting them.

It wouldn't matter if you had said it was Donald instead of Tiger. It would still be BS, I would still have called you on it, and you would still be posting all day about how unimportant it is to you.

Relax.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

When does coverage start today/night/tomorrow morning? Yesterday the program guide said 1AM but they gave us bonus coverage starting at 12AM.  Same tonight, or no?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

When does coverage start today/night/tomorrow morning? Yesterday the program guide said 1AM but they gave us bonus coverage starting at 12AM.  Same tonight, or no?

Brandon

its on at 9.00am here, so im guessing its 4.00am EST for you lot

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Originally Posted by mcfc_nick

its on at 9.00am here, so im guessing its 4.00am EST for you lot

2 am mtn time according to my tv.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Luke only said 'i dont think you can do that' then rory remembered he couldnt, its not a big deal!

Donald did Rory a huge favor. Imagine if he were in contention on Sunday, and then some reporter called it in, and he got DQd after the officials reviewed the tape. IIRC, the PGA tour recently changed their policy, so that you still get a penalty, but you don't get DQd for something you could not have known about (like a ball moving a millionth of an inch, the way Paddy's did last year). But Rory obviously knew he brushed the sand, he just momentarily forgot the rule, which is not an excuse. So if the Euro Tour has the same policy, Rory would have been DQd if he hadn't taken the penalty.

Is the tee shot on the par 5 eight hole uphill or hard into the wind? Tiger and Rory just crushed their drives and Sky showed the distances as about 280 yards. Then Tiger and Karlsson hit their second shots (3 wood) around 280-290 yards. How can that be?

A familiar name rising to the top of the leaderboard.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Zeph

A familiar name rising to the top of the leaderboard.

It's definitely the putter.  His ball striking has been good enough to win for a little while now, even pre-injury of last season.  His short game/putting is definitely in good form other than the first round.

Speaking of putters, Robert Rock's is on fire.

Brandon

Originally Posted by Zwick

Final pairing Tiger and Rory, that would be awesome

It hasn't disappointed so far.  Although I don't know if Rory is going to birdie the final hole from his tee shot position.

Well, last year it was his third rounds that did Tiger in. Even when he played the other rounds well, as in Australia and Sherwood, his third round was well over par. Not today. This was by far his best round since last year's Masters. I only recall two bad shots -- a drive where he seemed to lose his footing, and a horrible chip shot that turned an easy birdie into a par five. But a stress-free 66, with three good looks at eagle. Now he just needs a decent round tomorrow to win. I'd guess a 68 would do it.

Rob Rock rocks!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!