IGNORED

2012 Accenture Match Play Discussion Thread

brocks
Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What the heck is going on with Watney's putting?  he cant sink a thing.   that was a pretty straight uphill putt...

ITs not looking too good...jabbing at it a bit. If I am speaking of the same putt, both he and Tiger both thought that putt was going to move a little left. Tiger didn't really go to school on Nick's putt...they both missed it a few inches right.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Westwood with 0 bogeys so far this week. I like his chances to win it all

Wish I could watch some of his stellar play.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

They show almost all of his approaches/putts on skysports. Almost nothing other than TW/Watney and Westwood

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

edit: Westwood got jinxed

No offense intended here, but yours is the view of a Tiger apologist.  The fact is that neither Rory nor Luke have ever had such a commanding lead in OWGR that they could take an entire year off and still be #1 in OWGR.  "Tiger" would not have let a match against a guy who was totally struggling go to the 17th hole, much less miss a 10-footer to close out the match.  "Tiger" would not have then dumped his approach on 18 into the worst possible spot in a short-sided bunker with a short-iron from a great angle in the fairway.

No offense intended here, but yours is the view of someone watching golf for the first time. Even during his dominant years, Tiger lost over 70% of the time. And he hit bad shots even during good weeks, or he would never have had to chip in on 16 at the 2005 Masters. That memorable shot put Tiger two up with two to play, against journeyman Chris DiMarco. According to you, "Tiger" would not have let DiMarco back in, but he proceeded to bogey the last two holes, and had to win in a playoff. Journeyman YE Yang spotted "Tiger" two shots in the last round of the 2009 PGA, and still beat him by three. Even during the greatest season ever seen in golf, in between setting records at the 2000 Open and the 2000 PGA, "Tiger" couldn't manage a top ten against the weak field at the Buick Open. That's golf. I'm not saying Tiger will regain his 2000 form, or even his 2009 form. But to say he's washed up at 36, based on a round or three while he's still in the middle stages of a swing change, is just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Zwick

They show almost all of his approaches/putts on skysports. Almost nothing other than TW/Watney and Westwood

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Maybe they're showing the matches in reverse alphabetical order?!?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Oops...I'm good at jinxing. Just ask any Chicago sports team! Double bogey for Westwood! He's still three up through 13 but Karlson looks like he may be heating up. I am trying some reverse jinxing!;-)

[quote name="Zwick" url="/t/55804/2012-accenture-match-play-discussion-thread/126#post_682395"]

I guess they don't show more of Rory because his shirt is very ugly

[/quote] I wonder if Rory got a free bowl of soup with that shirt!?

Tiger, 9i from 190 into a breeze...Really? I know it is a bit down hill and the ball is flying but that was just dumb. I would appreciate an explanation for your actions via thesandtrap.com after your round! And right as I type this you try to hit a 7i from 226!!! Joe obviously has no say in any of Tiger's decision making. I don't like Steve WIlliams but he would have told Tiger to remove his head from his ass at least.

Well everyone is sure getting their Tiger fix again lol... Would really be nice to see a little more then just the odd putt made by Westwood or the odd clip of Rory's ugly shirt..... seriously whats with the shirt.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Tiger, 9i from 190 into a breeze...Really? I know it is a bit down hill and the ball is flying but that was just dumb. I would appreciate an explanation for your actions via thesandtrap.com after your round! And right as I type this you try to hit a 7i from 226!!! Joe obviously has no say in any of Tiger's decision making. I don't like Steve WIlliams but he would have told Tiger to remove his head from his ass at least.

I'd like to hear the inside story about why Tiger dumped Steve. Not only is his club selection bad, but they mentioned yesterday that Joe never helps Tiger read putts, and Tiger is constantly saying he can't see the lines, so he obviously needs some help.

I'd like to hear the inside story about why Tiger dumped Steve. Not only is his club selection bad, but they mentioned yesterday that Joe never helps Tiger read putts, and Tiger is constantly saying he can't see the lines, so he obviously needs some help.

Obviously....Tiger must not trust him yet or something. I heard that same comment about Joe reading putts. And as I type this he pushes another one right! Tiger needs a belly putter! ha ha. I personally think Tiger dumped Steve because his ego wouldn't allow him to let Steve work with A Scott while he was hurt. In Tiger's mind he probably felt like Steve was his property and nobody elses. Which is kinda crazy if you think about it.

Ive never seen anybody hit a ball that far left

And Watch, he will get to drop it right left of the grandstand and probably make a par. If the gradnstand wasn't there, his ball would be past the next tee box and into the dessert. We were having this discussion during the Abu Dabi when Rory blasted one over the stands on 18 and got a drop right next to green and made birdie still.

That drives me nuts when I hit a shot that isn't terrible and can't find it.  These guy have spotters, crowds, and grandstands that keep the ball playable and find it in the long grass.  I re-tee for my 3rd stroke.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That drives me nuts when I hit a shot that isn't terrible and can't find it.  These guy have spotters, crowds, and grandstands that keep the ball playable and find it in the long grass.  I re-tee for my 3rd stroke.

Not only that, but you don't get a million bucks when you play well.

Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!