IGNORED

I'm a lasik surgeon in Los Angeles, invented a new golf net

swingbox
Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by swingbox

Hello everyone!

I'm a lasik surgeon and a mediocre golfer and I wanted a better golf net and so invented one.

I would love everyone's feedback.

thanks!

joe

Feedback on your post? I think it's fine.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This guy must be 12 years old.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Looks pretty good, though I wouldn't trust it for use by beginners indoors.  I think the wings on the side to be wider and something should be mounted on the top to prevent the ball from flying over it into the wall.  Price is high, I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was under $200.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Price is high, I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was under $200.

I think this is a neat product and have seen a lot of your videos leading up to release, but $620 is just way, WAY too much to be asking for a net. This sells for $200 less and appears to be more portable and a lot bigger . With the money saved on just any run of the mill net, you could also buy a really nice hitting surface, too. I could also spend $50 on a net that doesn't have auto-return, a nice hitting surface, and 100 ProV1's from lostgolfballs and spend half that amount.

Very cool, but I agree with newtogolf.  At $620 I'd just buy a regular net for way less.

One suggestion.  It's cool how it's not flapping around like a net.  That makes me think it would be cool if there were some stripes, maybe a grid.  Would be useful if you're working on trajectory or just to know if the balls coming off the club at least most in the direction you want.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Looks pretty good, though I wouldn't trust it for use by beginners indoors.  I think the wings on the side to be wider and something should be mounted on the top to prevent the ball from flying over it into the wall.  Price is high, I wouldn't even consider buying it unless it was under $200.

I agree with this price point.

Michael

• 3 months later...

I see the Swingbox is not priced at $470.  I think that is a lot better price point than when you first released it.  I'd like to get one for my garage as I'm dropping ~ $100+ on the range every month... And could reduce that considerably if I had an indoor hitting net like this.

In the past, when I lived in Chicago - I bought a net/setup from Golfsmith.  And it worked - but it was very loud as I had to put a tarp behind the net - to keep the ball from hitting the drywall beyond the net.  It ended up sounding like a gunshot every time I hit it.  It looks like the Swingbox will be less noisy... But I'm wondering how noisy it actually is?  I don't want to upset my neighbors by banging balls in the garage.

Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!