IGNORED

New TaylorMade "Burner" Driver...WOW!!!

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow... Totally different replies from what was posted about the Burner about 2-3 weeks ago. Back then most people were saying that it sounded and performed like a fishing rod on a bucket but seems like many like them now. Not into the long shaft thingy but I think I will give Burner TP a try with a shorter shaft.

Could someone also try to compare the Titleist 907s with Burner TP if you have tried both? Thanks in advance.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

• Administrator
Could someone also try to compare the Titleist 907s with Burner TP if you have tried both? Thanks in advance.

I don't know how many comparisons you're going to get there. They're really going after very different golfers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow... Totally different replies from what was posted about the Burner about 2-3 weeks ago. Back then most people were saying that it sounded and performed like a fishing rod on a bucket but seems like many like them now. Not into the long shaft thingy but I think I will give Burner TP a try with a shorter shaft.

maybe its the fact that more people on tour are trading in their superquads for the burner? :)

but seriously with the 50gm shaft and the 46inches i found the burner a little tough to control even though i out hit any driver out there with it, so i would have to agree the the regular burner still feels awkward. the tp however i fell in love with once i tried the 65gm shaft.

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

I don't know how many comparisons you're going to get there. They're really going after very different golfers.

Hey iacas. Finally downloaded the podcast about 907! Thanks. Regarding Burner TP, I thought the TP version targeted low to mid handicappers and so is 907 series no?

maybe its the fact that more people on tour are trading in their superquads for the burner? :)

Can you guys custom order Taylormade in the US? Taylormade refuses to do so here in Asia so I am currently moving towards Titleist clubs since they do customize. Anyway, it seems like most of the people who give advice on the forum seems to be a lot influenced by what the pros use huh? I wouldn't really know if the pros are changing from Superquad to Burner over here but I was hoping for personal opinions to compare 907 and Burner TP for those who have tried both.

I heard some good stuff about the Burner TP so maybe I will give it a try. As you said 65g sounds good.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

Hey iacas. Finally downloaded the podcast about 907! Thanks. Regarding Burner TP, I thought the TP version targeted low to mid handicappers and so is 907 series no?

yeah it seems that people always reference what pros use what equipment but for me ive always been a burner fan, i never liked the bulbous shape of the r7 sq nor did i like the weights idea...

im in canada and i can custom order here...

driver: Burner TP 9.5 S
FWY Wood: 906F2 15.5*
hybrid: Idea Pro 18*
irons: MP-57 3-W
Wedges: X-Forged 56, 60 Putter: Anser Redwood Putter Black Series i #9

I tested them at golf galaxy and its a very solid club indeed. If you don't need or want the weights of the r7 line the burner is a very good club.

lead tape does the trick as well as the wieghts and way cheaper

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

My new Burner should be here early next week. I havent been this excited in a looooong time.
Driver FT-3 9deg w/ Aldila NV 65-S
3wood Rescue 3 15deg
Irons R7 TP w/ Flighted Rifle 6.5
Wedges 48deg TA900, 53deg TA588, 58deg TA900
Putter 2 ball center shaftedBall NXT Tour

Bought my new Burner today....spent an hour at the range after and am in LUV with it!!! Got the 10.5 regular shaft....paid $249 at Costco.

I liked the driver so much I stopped at a golf shop and bought the Burner 3 wood. They don't sell them at Costco, but the guy discounted it from $199 to $179.

Can't wait to take them "dancing" on the course tomorrow!!!

i demoed a burner at a recent demo day, and it was very very long. but i just cant stand over a driver that feels about 10degrees shut at adress...maybe the tp version is better. its a great feeling club i just dont like its adress

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

Took my new Burner out for a spin today...absolutely CRUSHED the ball all day! Hit every fairway! My swing speed was measured at 94, so the regular shaft works just great! One of my playing partners walked right into the pro shop after we finished and bought one on the spot! He was hitting an R7 460 in 9.5, but almost flew his drives when he hit my 10.5 Burner.

The 3 wood is a dream as well...easy to hit, and the ball gets up real quick!!!

• 1 year later...
upgraded my very old nike driver (1st gen..don't even know what it's called). went to costco and found the tm tour burner for $250 like someone said. i kept passing by the isle and my wife finally gave me the green light to get it. can't wait to try it out on the range this week. i got the 9.5 Regular since everyone is saying the launch is a bit higher. my old nike is a 10.5.

your wife gave you the okay? man im glad im not married.

G10 10.5* TFC 129 S
906F4 15.5* Aldila VS Proto S
Burner Rescue 19* ReAx Superfast S
I10 3-LW AWT XS
Karsten Series Anser 2 35" Pro V1 or HX Hot BiteC'mon single digits!

i demoed a burner at a recent demo day, and it was very very long. but i just cant stand over a driver that feels about 10degrees shut at adress...maybe the tp version is better. its a great feeling club i just dont like its adress

Thats what kills me about TM. Their standard is 1* shut on 9.5 lofted drivers, 1.5* on 10.5. But then if you want a club, like you said that doesn't look 10 degree shut, you have to spend more $$ on the 'TP' version.

I realize that the majority of people slice, but making a neutral, or open face club an upcharge is, well, idk what it is, but for me it's expensive!

In the Titleist bag on the ClicGear 2.0:

PILOT: Titleist 910 D2 Axivore Tour Red

3 WOOD: Callaway 3-Deep 13*

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ 22*

IRONS 3-PW: Mizuno MP-32

WEDGES: Vokey TVD 54* SM5 58*K

PUTTER: Rife 2-Bar Blade

BALL: Penta 5

yup... you have to eventually ebay it up and who knows what you're getting then

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I went to a big tent sale that the local course has every year. They put up like 4 huge tents by their range and let you hit what ever you want. I spent about 4-5 hours over two days hitting clubs. I have always used titleist drivers, always. I decided to try out all the major club makers while I was there. I hit ping,cobra,callaway,cleveland,adams,mizuno,nike, and taylor made. The burner TP was the last club I hit, and I couldnt belive the difference. The first ball I hit came off the face so hot I actually said holly s**t. I could do no wrong with the club. I have never had a club weather it was a wood or an iron or hybrid have that affect on me. Maybe its my swing and club speed and all the other variables just fit this driver perfect. I dont know but its in my bag now. The 3 and 5 woods are also incredible and easy to hit. What I like most about the club, other than it goes straight 275-300 every time, is the sound and solid feel. Some of the drivers had no feel whatsoever and the sounds are just plain anoying. But hey thats my two cents.

the reason behind this is that with square clubs you loose distance. Taylormade makes the best drivers, plain and simple.

909D3 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 7 Lime Green Exotics cb2 15 Aldila DVS S-85 Slingshot 17° UST Irod S-110g G10 21° TFC S-129g i10 S300 Green Dot 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel 56° and 60° Made for the Tour AOP Newport PP

Age 16

Home CoursesRoyal Hawk...

Note: This thread is 5753 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!