IGNORED

Titleist 904F Fairway Metals

Note: This thread is 6817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone play these fairway metals? If so what degree loft? I am going to make a purchase in the next couple of days. I currently have the 980F in a 17 degree loft. I was wanting to get the 15 degree but unsure if it will be as easy to hit off the deck. I am looking to gain some extra distance off the tee of short par 4's as well as more distance off the deck on par 5's. Looking to get the speeder shaft in Stiff flex. Thanks for your info.

Driver: Titleist 905T 9.5 Aldila NV-65 Stiff
Fairway Wood: 904F 17 degree Speeder Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 503H Aldila Hybrid Shaft
Irons: Titleist 735.CM's S300 DG
Wedges: Titleist SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: SC Newport 2Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Pro V1, Nike ONE PlatinumBag: Titleist X57 or Titleist...

Man, they are the best. I have never hit a better fairway wood. Easy to control, Long, Straight. You cant go wrong. I work at Golf headquarters in lubbock texas, and we have sold out of them. All the feedback we have gotten it nothing but totally positive. Easy to hit, we are fitting all types of golfers with this club. I have gone from a 13 degree(PT 13 non-bore through) to a 15 degree in the new 904. It is long. I Love this club.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

I've never been a fan of their faiway woods but the 904 are the best I've ever hit!!! I have the 13 & 17 with the stock steel shaft's and I love hitting them off the tee and anywhere on the course. Great control and they feel awesome!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
I have the 15 degree and 19 degree. I can just about hit the 15 degree (what I call a 3 wood) as far as my 905 driver. It is amazing, and like the others have said, I have a lot of control over it. I just swing it really easy and hit it down the middle.

It has an awesome sound at impact.. I am definitely happy with these clubs.

I'm pondering a move the 904's as well. I hit my PT 15 very high and with tons of spin. I'm considering a 13deg 904.

Just curious...those of you with the a 904 what shaft/loft combinations are you playing?

Thanks!

What's in My Bag?

Driver: Taylor Made 510TP 8.5 w/proto Aldila NV 65X
Wood: PT 15 bore thru, X100
Hybrid: 503H, 19 deg, S300Irons: 680, 3-PW, Freq. Matched X100Wedges: Black Nickel Vokey 54.10, 60.08Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Oil CanBall: ProV1x

I LOVE my new Titleist 904F Fairway woods. I have a 15 and 19 degree with the YS Graphite Shaft. They have a nifty "whack" sound when you hit them. They are extremely easy to use. My 3-wood carries 200 hundred yards consistently. Even a "miss" gets the ball airborne.

They were a terrific addition to my golf bag
I'm pondering a move the 904's as well. I hit my PT 15 very high and with tons of spin. I'm considering a 13deg 904.

Sincerely,
Stacy Solomon

Yep, I agree with Stacy. Like I said, I have the 15 and 19 degree clubs with the YS Shaft. The shaft is a very pretty blue as well.

I have hooked about two pretty badly, but I had the ball teed up WAY too high and just popped them up. Other than that, I have been hitting them 230ish to 250ish. I have even neared the 280 mark a few times with a lot of roll on these hard Oklahoma fairways.

When I mishit them, they still go 200 and leave me in a liveable situation.

TaylorMade just came out with the r7 3 wood with two moveable weights. I have one and it KILLS! You might want to try that one too before you buy a Tit.

Ditto on the sound at impact... these fairway woods are awesome. I don't have much to compare them to but the 904F is an awesome club. I've got the 15 and 19 degree with graffaloy blue regular-flex shafts. Beautiful clubs. Another manufacturer would have to come out with something pretty special to replace these clubs. Off the tee or off the deck they are wonderful. When you hit one well it produces the best sound and pleasing results.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Interesting comments...I haven't had a chance to hit these yet but am curious. I'd probably try out the R7 3 wood as well.

I still have my steelhead plus and love it so I've never had the need to switch...yet.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the sound on the 904 is excellent, it's more of a "thwack" like my old 970 and PT fairways, opposed to that tinny/ping sound produced by the 980F and various other fairway woods.
As far as distance, I've found it to be not as long as my 970 but the mis-hits with the 904 are like exponentially better than the 970 due to the larger head.

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

Note: This thread is 6817 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!