IGNORED

RocketBallz 5-Iron Giveaway - Did you "Win"?

bmartin461
Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Received mine today - not only is it longer than my AP1 5 iron, it is also longer than my 4

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

Received mine today - not only is it longer than my AP1 5 iron, it is also longer than my 4

That's one thing I dis-like about TM, they advertise about how far their clubs will hit the ball but it has nothing to do with their technology, they add an inch to the length and ramp up the lofts and now you have magical distance from a 5 iron.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

That's one thing I dis-like about TM, they advertise about how far their clubs will hit the ball but it has nothing to do with their technology, they add an inch to the length and ramp up the lofts and now you have magical distance from a 5 iron.

Exactly... You really gotta pay attention.  Just because they have '5' on the club... It's really a '4' - or '4.5'.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Exactly... You really gotta pay attention.  Just because they have '5' on the club... It's really a '4' - or '4.5'.

Compared to my irons, their 5 iron is about a 3.5 iron in my set!

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

Compared to my irons, their 5 iron is about a 3.5 iron in my set!

Exactly.  I was going to say 3.5... But figured that would piss in someones Wheaties who bought the RBZ irons. :D

Anybody get the new 5 iron from Taylormade?

Got mine yesterday with a regular graphite shaft.....gonna go to the range tonight and test it against my current 5 iron; Mizuno MP-53 and my backup Powerbilt AFO with notrogen.

From the looks, the TMAG Rocketballz sets up identical to the max-game improvement PowerBilt AFO.  Both have the same footprint and same slight offset.  Both have a solid cavity back....the Powerbilt is filled with notrogen to support a thinner clubface.

The Rocketballz is one inch longer than my MP-53 and the loft is 4* stronger. MP-53 is 27* versus the TMAG 23*

I did not receive any info in the package with the 5 iron.....no letter, no add'l info about the rocketballz irons, and no discount or process to get the rest of the set, if I like the 5 iron.  In this regard, TMAG missed the boat.

I just received mine this morning via Fedex and will be testing it out against my current 5 iron tomorrow on the range. I agree with you that Taylormade should have included some info and possibly a discount voucher to purchase the balance of the set if interested.

I saw on Ebay a lot of these Rocketballz 5 irons for sale still in the original wrapping and box. Why enter a contest and sell your iron on Ebay without even trying it. I can see selling it after testing it out but not the moment you receive it in the mail. That annoys me as much as someone who obtains an autograph from a PGA golfer and then puts it immediately on Ebay. But thats a story for another day.

Driver: Wilson Deep Red
Fairway wood:Wilson Staff Spine 15 degree 3 wood
Hybrids: Wilson Staff DXI 19 degree
Irons:Wilson Staff Di11 4-PW,GW,SW

Wedge: Cleveland C15 Lob
Putter: Wilson Staff Vizor

GPS: Golf Logix

No it's over. There are plenty of them on Ebay unused.

Driver: Wilson Deep Red
Fairway wood:Wilson Staff Spine 15 degree 3 wood
Hybrids: Wilson Staff DXI 19 degree
Irons:Wilson Staff Di11 4-PW,GW,SW

Wedge: Cleveland C15 Lob
Putter: Wilson Staff Vizor

GPS: Golf Logix

I came across this forum because I was wondering what happened to the 5 iron I was supposed to receive. My buddy bought these irons mid April, so I expected to receive it about the same time. In Taylormade's defense, I received the Burner 6 iron, and ended up ordering the rest of the set by simply going to the website and getting the ones I wanted. I missed out on Burner 2.0, but I thought I was supposed to get the Rocketballz 5. I will attempt to call them so I can at least quit looking for it.

Originally Posted by Fozcycle

Anybody get the new 5 iron from Taylormade?

Got mine yesterday with a regular graphite shaft.....gonna go to the range tonight and test it against my current 5 iron; Mizuno MP-53 and my backup Powerbilt AFO with notrogen.

From the looks, the TMAG Rocketballz sets up identical to the max-game improvement PowerBilt AFO.  Both have the same footprint and same slight offset.  Both have a solid cavity back....the Powerbilt is filled with notrogen to support a thinner clubface.

The Rocketballz is one inch longer than my MP-53 and the loft is 4* stronger. MP-53 is 27* versus the TMAG 23*

I did not receive any info in the package with the 5 iron.....no letter, no add'l info about the rocketballz irons, and no discount or process to get the rest of the set, if I like the 5 iron.  In this regard, TMAG missed the boat.

What's notrogen?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 1 month later...

Just got an email that said " Please provide feedback about your RocketBallz 5-Iron "  so I clicked on the survey and there were only three questions....

RocketBallz 5-Iron Satisfaction Survey

* If you've tried the RocketBallz 5-Iron we sent you earlier this year, did you hit it farther than your current 5-iron?
Do you love it, like it or hate it?
* Have you since purchased a full set of RBZ Irons?

If you wanted to purchase the irons, steel with stiff flex, they gave you $100 off, which you can get the $100 off at other web retailers and get to choose what you want.

I guess they tried.....however, I think they missed the boat by not including any material when they shipped the iron.

I put it in my bag and let others try it out during the round.....most were amazed at how light it was...but nobody really liked it.

Originally Posted by Fozcycle

Just got an email that said "Please provide feedback about your RocketBallz 5-Iron"  so I clicked on the survey and there were only three questions....

RocketBallz 5-Iron Satisfaction Survey

Top Default

*If you've tried the RocketBallz 5-Iron we sent you earlier this year, did you hit it farther than your current 5-iron?

Yes, a lot farther

Yes, a little farther

About same distance

No, shorter

Haven't tried it yet

Do you love it, like it or hate it?

Love it

Like it

Hate it

*Have you since purchased a full set of RBZ Irons?

Yes

No, but I'm thinking about it

No, and I'm not going to

If you wanted to purchase the irons, steel with stiff flex, they gave you $100 off, which you can get the $100 off at other web retailers and get to choose what you want.

I guess they tried.....however, I think they missed the boat by not including any material when they shipped the iron.

I put it in my bag and let others try it out during the round.....most were amazed at how light it was...but nobody really liked it.

I really didnt care for it - as I said before, it was longer than my current 4 iron.

One of the kids that works at the club is interested in buying some so I'll give it to him so he can make an educated decision.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 4327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!