IGNORED

Imposter Webb Simpson here

Fake WSimpson
Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Could you confirm your identity with your Twitter account?
  • Upvote 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I,ll be pulling for u at the Master,s Webb,much luck to u my friend.I have a ? Whats a good drill to practice holding on to club lag? Thanks in advance for ur answer!

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Originally Posted by marcv68

I,ll be pulling for u at the Master,s Webb,much luck to u my friend.I have a ? Whats a good drill to practice holding on to club lag? Thanks in advance for ur answer!

One drill my caddie and coach has showed me in the past is to  take the club back  to 9:00, having NOT cocked your wrist thus far,  then turn through the ball without feeling any release of your wrists. You’re going to feel like you’re hitting the ball with your body. This is a very good feeling, one that will quickly improve your golf swing consistency, and make your swing more compact. This practice swing uses your “core" to power swing, and not solely flicking your wrist at impact golf swing. If you can get to the point of compressing your ball without feeling like you’re releasing your wrist cock,  you’re well on your way to getting rid of that "flicking" motion in the impact zone. This is just a little drill to do for like 2 minutes or something on the range or before you tee off. Of course, once you move to a full swing to play a round, you need to release the clubhead. But that drill will train your muscles to hold the lag for that extra split second. Takes some practice, but just stick with it.  Hope that answers your question.

And thanks for the support.

God Bless

Welcome to tje site here. What's in your bag during a tournament, and what changes when your playing but not in a competition? Just curious about your clubs and whatever othwr stuff is carried with you on the course. Stuff like how many extra balls, ball markers, snacks or enerylgy bars, extra glove, just all the excess baggage. I know that I've been known to have 3 or 4 dozen balls in my bag when I first started playing, usually much less when the round was over. Any typos above are due to the phone touchpad and sometimes just goofs.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Originally Posted by treebound

Welcome to tje site here.

What's in your bag during a tournament, and what changes when your playing but not in a competition?

Just curious about your clubs and whatever othwr stuff is carried with you on the course. Stuff like how many extra balls, ball markers, snacks or enerylgy bars, extra glove, just all the excess baggage.

I know that I've been known to have 3 or 4 dozen balls in my bag when I first started playing, usually much less when the round was over.

Any typos above are due to the phone touchpad and sometimes just goofs.

In the Bag:

DRIVER: Title ist 909D3 (10.5°)
FAIRWAY WOODS: Titleist 910F (13.5°, 17°)
HYBRID: Titleist 91 0H (21°)
IRONS: Titleist Forged 68 0MB (4-P)
WEDGES: Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled C-C (54°, 58°)
PUTTER: Ping Cr az-E (bellyputter)
B ALL: Titleist P ro V1x

I usually carry about 14-16 balls in a tournament round. I usually give out a couple after the round to some fans at the 18th green/autograph areas. I carry 2 extra gloves in my bag, with some granola in a plastic bag, bottles of water, maybe a cliff bar. I usually carry a couple of coins for ball marks.

As for adjustments for tournament play, I take course management much more seriously. You can't just hit balls all overt the place on PGA caliber courses. Also, the pace of play slows down, (Not me personally) but when players ahead of us play slow, it causes a chain reaction. This is just due to players taking more care with each and every shot. Probably the biggest things in a tournament is keep the ball in play, always think fairways and greens.

Hope these answers are adequate.

God Bless

OK -

I'm going to make a suggestion here, Webb. And I think other forum members should be mindful of it too.

This is going to get out of hand really, really quickly.

Within 24 hours you are going to have about a hundred posts here with people asking multiple questions, all which could be answered happily and easily face to face, but would require you to spend a month typing.

As for complex essays about practice drills and things - that's hard to write about and takes a lot of time.

You will also be asked about swing theories etc. etc.

There will be the inevitable questions about money and the "is x player really a xyz etc. etc."

How do I cure a slice? What's a drill for that? etc.

Steven Bowditch came onto another site a while back and it was the same deal. This will get complicated unless people submit their questions and allow you to choose the ones you want to answer in your own time.

Of course.....it's up to you, just writing from experience.

You might be able to work something out trough the site owner / moderators where questions and information are channeled to you and you could answer the ones you think are of most benefit to members or of most interest to you.

But if you want to take on all comers....great!

So----great to have you here - and forum members - let's not overwhelm a new member. Roll out the welcome mat in a good way.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

OK -

I'm going to make a suggestion here, Webb. And I think other forum members should be mindful of it too.

This is going to get out of hand really, really quickly.

Within 24 hours you are going to have about a hundred posts here with people asking multiple questions, all which could be answered happily and easily face to face, but would require you to spend a month typing.

As for complex essays about practice drills and things - that's hard to write about and takes a lot of time.

You will also be asked about swing theories etc. etc.

There will be the inevitable questions about money and the "is x player really a xyz etc. etc."

How do I cure a slice? What's a drill for that? etc.

Steven Bowditch came onto another site a while back and it was the same deal. This will get complicated unless people submit their questions and allow you to choose the ones you want to answer in your own time.

Of course.....it's up to you, just writing from experience.

You might be able to work something out trough the site owner / moderators where questions and information are channeled to you and you could answer the ones you think are of most benefit to members or of most interest to you.

But if you want to take on all comers....great!

So----great to have you here - and forum members - let's not overwhelm a new member. Roll out the welcome mat in a good way.

Thank you for your concern.

I have decided to only answer selected questions periodically. I will not answer those who ask about money, negative things of other players, and negative things about my family.

So everybody, keep this in mind when you ask questions. I will not be able to get to everyone and I'm sorry for that, but it would just be too much of a hassle.

God  Bless

Webb - Great to have you on board!  One area that has brought lots of discussion here is "working" the ball, whether off the tee or into the green.  Do you try to maneuver every shot, play your normal shot most of the time, or what?

From one Demon Deacon to another, Welcome!

As for my question. As a pro who earned his card through Q school, what are your thoughts/feelings on the new rulings and how it will affect the tour?

Thank you so much!

Very cool to have a touring pro on TST forums. Welcome.

Going in to Augusta, how do you prepare for that level of pressure? The build up for the Masters is a much longer process than the other majors, so I'd imagine you have much more time to plan and prepare for the "pressure cooker" type of environment.

So is there anything different you do in preparation for the Masters vs. any other PGA tour event?

Thank you for the reply, interesting to see what's carried and used. I figured a "what's in the bag" would be a good question to ask and would be interesting to lots of people. Thanks again. Have a good game and tournament next week. Mike

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Guys I think a healthy dose of skepticism is needed here.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Hi Webb. This is very strange to see a real tour pro here on the forums. Welcome and thank you for taking the time answering our questions.

My question is, you are taking this week off to get ready for the masters. You played a practice round at Augusta with Phil right?

If so, what did he show you about the course, and how to prepare for next week?

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

Guys I think a healthy dose of skepticism is needed here.

I woud disagree 100%

If you actually read the posts there is nothing at all to suggest that any dose of skepticism is required.
On a side note, my assumption is that iacas has PM'd him. I think your concern is unfounded.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Shorty

On a side note, my assumption is that iacas has PM'd him. I think your concern is unfounded.

It's typically unwise to assume. I haven't sent a PM to this person outside of the automated "welcome PM" that comes from my account.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

It's typically unwise to assume. I haven't sent a PM to this person outside of the automated "welcome PM" that comes from my account.

Fair enough. I'm not skeptical, though.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my ? Webb.I appreciate it very much.Her,s hoping the master,s treats u well next week.We here on TST are always looking for an honest answer which u have provided here.Best of luck with the FedEx cup chase as well

WITB:

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #3 Hybrid

Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy #4 Hybrid

Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 5-PW

Cally Jaws X Series Wedges 50,54,58*

Ping I Series Putter 34"

Taylormade Penta Ball and TP Black LDP

Rain Gear and a bunch of other crap

Note: This thread is 4406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!