IGNORED

In need of New Golf Shoes!

Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Footjoy anything.  I'll admit that I'm probably not your best reference.  Other shoe manufacturers generally have squat for selection in 13/14 W or XW.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I just bought a pair of Footjoy Contour Casual, the spikeless ones and can't imagine wearing anything else.  I'm not going to make the mistake of finding a shoe I like and not "stocking" up on them.  I plan to buy a couple more pair of them.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Only difference I heard was people that bought last years had some blister issues until the shoes were broken in.  I haven't heard any issues with the current years version.  Check out GolfLocker they have some good deals on shoes, so does RockBottomGolf.

Originally Posted by GoldenBearCub

Really checkin out these Lunar Controls, any big differences between this years model and last years?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 8 months later...
I am looking for some news golf shoes for the 2013 season. I play 1 time a week until the temps in NY drop under 40 degrees. Was wearing addidas 2 season ago. Now I am wearing Footjoy sports. Was thinking of Nike this season any recommendations? How do they run? I find FJ was a bit bigger than addidas. So 13 in Adiddas translates to 11.5 in FJ. Anyway was looking at the spikeless may air range wp. Open to suggestions. Thanks.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Just to add to previous post. I walk 95% of the time.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

I'm due for a new casual golf shoe as well.  My classic black FootJoys are still in good shape, but they're more formal style shoes, which will look goofy in shorts.  My Oakley Ripcords wore a bit fast for my liking, so I'm debating between the Ecco Streets and the True Tours.  The Eccos feel really great, but from just trying on the Trues, they're a little different feeling at first.  I can't decide whether I'll love them like everyone else seems to, or they'll just feel odd and I'll end up with the Eccos anyways.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

I'm due for a new casual golf shoe as well.  My classic black FootJoys are still in good shape, but they're more formal style shoes, which will look goofy in shorts.  My Oakley Ripcords wore a bit fast for my liking, so I'm debating between the Ecco Streets and the True Tours.  The Eccos feel really great, but from just trying on the Trues, they're a little different feeling at first.  I can't decide whether I'll love them like everyone else seems to, or they'll just feel odd and I'll end up with the Eccos anyways.

Don't know if this will help you, but I have both the Eccos and the True.    I loved the Ecco feel, which is probably why I ended up getting 3 pairs of them in different colors.   When I slip them on they just feel so comfortable, and they felt that way right out of the box.       I wanted a pair of shoes in white/black, though, so late last summer I picked up a pair of Trues.    My initial feeling on them was they felt fairly good, but slightly odd.   The tongue felt a bit stiff and the corners of it sort of rubbed on the top of my feet.      I wondered if I made a mistake buying them, but I did like how they felt on the course, with a good feel for the ground, so I decided to persevere a little longer and see if they ended up feeling better.     It didn't take long before I noticed that I left the Ecco's in the trunk and always slipped into the Trues for a round.   That slightly odd feeling is quick to get used to, and they just really feel "proper" on a golf course.    I think the Ecco shoes are fantastic, but now to me they almost feel like a very comfortable casual knockabout shoe while the True feels like a very comfortable golf shoe.

• Upvote 1

I decided to give the Nike Air Range WP shoes a try. Reasonbley priced online and have read some favoreable reviews. I have never worn street golf shoes and am curious to see how they react on a wet day. Anyone else use or used these? thanks

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Originally Posted by Clambake

Don't know if this will help you, but I have both the Eccos and the True.    I loved the Ecco feel, which is probably why I ended up getting 3 pairs of them in different colors.   When I slip them on they just feel so comfortable, and they felt that way right out of the box.       I wanted a pair of shoes in white/black, though, so late last summer I picked up a pair of Trues.    My initial feeling on them was they felt fairly good, but slightly odd.   The tongue felt a bit stiff and the corners of it sort of rubbed on the top of my feet.      I wondered if I made a mistake buying them, but I did like how they felt on the course, with a good feel for the ground, so I decided to persevere a little longer and see if they ended up feeling better.     It didn't take long before I noticed that I left the Ecco's in the trunk and always slipped into the Trues for a round.   That slightly odd feeling is quick to get used to, and they just really feel "proper" on a golf course.    I think the Ecco shoes are fantastic, but now to me they almost feel like a very comfortable casual knockabout shoe while the True feels like a very comfortable golf shoe.

Thanks for the feedback.  It's nice to hear from someone who owns both.  Based on your recommendation, I will be ordering a pair of True Tours on Thursday.  Rockbottomgolf has some excellent deals on the 2012 models for anyone else looking for a pair.

My Nike Air Range Wp' s came today. They look nice and am glad to say have a true fit to them, 12 fits like a 12. Unlikely to give a real review for at least another month if not longer.

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

Note: This thread is 4068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!