Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GoldenBearCub

In need of New Golf Shoes!

30 posts in this topic

In dyer need of some new golf shoes! I'm probably going to need something that holds up well in rain, comfort would be nice as well.  Looking to spend a hundred dollars or less. My grandpa has been suggesting some dryjoys but I'm open to anything!

Thanks for all input!

-Caiden

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Nike Lunar Control.

Best shoe I've ever owned. Hard wearing, look good, waterproof, and VERY comfortable indeed.

I hear great things about Ecco Street and True shoes on here as well but personally I like my golf shoes to resemble golf shoes.

I just got a pair of Dryjoy's and they're freaking awesome!

I like my Adidas powerband 3.0.. Good price too now that the new ones came out.

True Linkswear Tours are super comfortable, waterproof, work very very well. The "barefoot" feel makes reading greens easier Really does. $140.

True Linkswear or Ecco street style. The latter is more expensive, but also more comfortable (for me anyways).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the replies! I'll check out all of em after practice later. Looking for something aesthetically pleasing as well but not top top priority. Leaning towards Nike or FJ. Haven't heard much about the true links wears yet..

this is gonna sound strange, but skechers makes a pretty good golf shoe. $79. same quality as shoes over $100. I wear a size 10 1/2 in nike, but 11 in skechers.

True Tours... absolutely the BEST shoe (not just golf shoe) made... I love mine.

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Nike Lunar Control.

Best shoe I've ever owned. Hard wearing, look good, waterproof, and VERY comfortable indeed.

Agreed, I bought the 2011 model off ebay for 1/2 the price of the '12's, and have to say they are the best golf shoe i've ever worn... I want to get a similar pair of sneakers they are so comfortable... Friends swear by the adidas 360's/ATV's and i've tried them on and they seem comfy too, i'd go one of those two directions...

I just got a pair of FootJoy Tours, that were on sale at Golfsmith for $107 (reg $167). They are very comfortable, and love the spike design, very stable.

If you're on a budget, I just got a pair of Adidas Powerband Grind on sale at golfetail.com for $55.  They're en route now, so I'll have to post more when they're actually in hand, but it's a pretty good deal (reg price $100)

Listen to Grandpa!

You'll get some great shoes and the added benefit of letting him know that you value his opinion!

Just started playing and but splashed out on the Nike Lunars and they are really comfortable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • This will happen to me when I have the optimal club release. My distance hog is that I don't release the club well into the ball, and I kind of just pull it through. It works, but when I relax and get a good swing with a great controlled release through my hands I can feel the difference and it does go MUCH farther. 
    • A couple of videos and pictures from Turnberry yesterday - didn't play brilliantly, but managed +12 in serious wind, particularly on the front nine. Putting was hard with the new greens and I three putted twice on the front nine for the first time in ages. I also found it very hard in the wind and kept trying to fight it, overthinking things rather than sticking to what I was comfortable with. As a result, I only really found my game with a few holes to play. Highlights were a birdie on the par 5 eighth, an awesome drive on the 10th, which I got on camera, and making the Tom Watson 2009 up and down, having gone over the back as well from near the plaque . The course itself was incredible - the greens haven't yet fully settled in and so there are different speeds all over the place, but it's such a good test. If you don't find the fairway, you can't score.   Very short swings due to crazy amount of wind! Fourth green - with the wind, you have to start the ball off the left of it, pretty much on the ocean...: Second shot into the 7th green. Didn't make the putt (story of the day!): View from the new championship tee for the 9th: Panoramic view from the 10th green. Arguably the most scenic par five anywhere: My Tom Watson 2009 moment captured (sort of - plaque, tee shot and where my 6 iron over the back finished up): Not worth the money, I don't think - hard for it to ever be the case at the price, but I loved every minute of it. It's a great course and deserves to have the Open back soon. Western Gailes today and hopefully my swing is on better form!
    • A couple of videos and pictures from Turnberry - didn't play brilliantly, but managed +12 in serious wind, particularly on the front nine. Only really found my game with a few holes to play, but there were some very dodgy misses in there. Highlights were a birdie on the par 5 eighth, an awesome drive on the 10th, which I got on camera, and making the Tom Watson 2009 up and down, having gone over the back as well from near the plaque . The course itself was incredible - the greens haven't yet fully settled in and so there are different speeds all over the place, but it's such a good test. If you don't find the fairway, you can't score.   Very short swings due to crazy amount of wind! Fourth green - with the wind, you have to start the ball off the left of it, pretty much on the ocean...: Second shot into the 7th green. Didn't make the putt (story of the day!): View from the new championship tee for the 9th: Panoramic view from the 10th green. Arguably the most scenic par five anywhere: My Tom Watson 2009 moment captured (sort of - plaque, tee shot and where my 6 iron over the back finished up): Not worth the money, I don't think - hard for it to ever be the case at the price, but I loved every minute of it. It's a great course and deserves to have the Open back soon. Western Gailes today and hopefully my swing is on better form!
    • Count me in. Charlotte is only about an hour away for me, which is no problem.
    • I hit whatever the current TM model was in the spring but really like the AP1's. But I'll do a proper unbiased fitting and see what the results are as in both instances for iron fittings, it's been done by Titleist reps.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. chriswuk
      chriswuk
      (25 years old)
    2. Gero
      Gero
      (73 years old)
    3. SUPGolfer
      SUPGolfer
      (46 years old)