IGNORED

Big Break Atlantis

SVTGolfer
Note: This thread is 4155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I appreciate the humor, the rest of these folk are taking this way too seriously.

Originally Posted by Motley01

He's got a date with her tonight? Since she's free and all...(just sayin, and JUST JOKING!!!)

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Anyway, how stupid can a person possibly be to use up 2-3 strokes from 130 yards trying to best 3 feet into a 10-20mph wind?  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Maybe the most boneheaded of decisions I've ever seen on this show.

yea....that was just plain stupid.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

My 2 cents on Z since there have been comments about here being a nasty black chick, etc, etc....

IMO....that is a very unfair comment to make.  If anything, she showed more class in her actions than several of the other girls. I didn't like her tight camel-toe clothes, but she always acted with class and hit a lot of quality shots.  I don't remember her slamming clubs and being 'bleeped' for cursing.  I didn't see her being a whiney B....like several other girls.   I have a lot of respect for her for how she handled herself.   Her parent's should be proud, and I can't say that for some of the other girls.

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Jwat381

Why are you so emotionally invested in this girl? Her short shorts and jump suit get-ups were gross and unflattering. What's it to you? It's a T.V. show, and this season is obviously more about the females and less about the golf, so why does negative talk about her bother you so much?

Nice try at a strawman.  I don't care about her at all.  She isn't even one of my favorites on the show.  I only care about your ignorance and others like you.  You can put on the guise all you want, but you aren't fooling anybody.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

And neither are you, dude. Hardly a strawman, either, just asking you a question.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Nice try at a strawman.  I don't care about her at all.  She isn't even one of my favorites on the show.  I only care about your ignorance and others like you.  You can put on the guise all you want, but you aren't fooling anybody.

Brandon

Zakiya annoyed me when she jumped ship by using up her points when she was the captain of that team on the second episode, but I didn't feel happy that she got eliminated, too. To be honest, she had the most interesting personality of anyone this season.

Still hoping Selanee or Gloriana wins, though Gloriana made me wonder if she didn't get dropped once as a child when she used up a bunch of strokes trying to make that hero shot.

I think that whole thing was all "made for t.v." whether by the director/producer, or Gloriana herself just trying to make an impact that show. Or she's just not the brightest...

Originally Posted by El Rustito

... though Gloriana made me wonder if she didn't get dropped once as a child when she used up a bunch of strokes trying to make that hero shot.

I didn't think Z looked good in those clothes, but otherwise I liked her.  I don't get the bashing at all.  I also think she was smart to buy her way out of the elimination challenge.  This is a game, so every advantage should be used.

The level of golf on this episode was pretty bad.  There were like 2 or 3 missed greens from 23 yards out!  I think Anya is good though.  She was 2nd in 2 of the 3 immunity challenges.  Maybe it is telling that the worst looking girl (IMHO) is probably the best golfer.

Nobody looks good in those clothes in daylight. Most of the hate is because we want people who let their game talk for them. Those people don't end up on Big Break. I feel a bit bad for these 19+20 year olds that go pro for Big Break. Their games are not ready and by going pro they are going to miss out on a lot of good amateur opportunities (even besides college) to improve their game. The Big Break opportunity just isn't that great.

Originally Posted by utztech

I didn't think Z looked good in those clothes, but otherwise I liked her.  I don't get the bashing at all.  I also think she was smart to buy her way out of the elimination challenge.  This is a game, so every advantage should be used.

The level of golf on this episode was pretty bad.  There were like 2 or 3 missed greens from 23 yards out!  I think Anya is good though.  She was 2nd in 2 of the 3 immunity challenges.  Maybe it is telling that the worst looking girl (IMHO) is probably the best golfer.

I wasn't a fan of the clothes Z wore either, though in a night club I might be.  I agree with you regarding the girls giving up amatuer status to go on the show.  I'm sure the glamor of being on a television show (even on the golf channel) and using it to launch a modeling / acting career is very tempting for those that aren't sure golf is their end game.

I'd also prefer they play real golf and not just trick shots.  In many cases given the pressure and time spent waiting their turn some of these shots amount to a great deal of luck not skill.  I'd like to see a format where they play head to head in 9 hole match play, double elimination with winners / losers bracket.  It might not be as exciting as breaking glass or hitting it over a flop wall but it would be a better indicator of their golf skills.

Originally Posted by x129

Nobody looks good in those clothes in daylight. Most of the hate is because we want people who let their game talk for them. Those people don't end up on Big Break. I feel a bit bad for these 19+20 year olds that go pro for Big Break. Their games are not ready and by going pro they are going to miss out on a lot of good amateur opportunities (even besides college) to improve their game. The Big Break opportunity just isn't that great.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I wasn't a fan of the clothes Z wore either, though in a night club I might be.  I agree with you regarding the girls giving up amatuer status to go on the show.  I'm sure the glamor of being on a television show (even on the golf channel) and using it to launch a modeling / acting career is very tempting for those that aren't sure golf is their end game.

I'd also prefer they play real golf and not just trick shots.  In many cases given the pressure and time spent waiting their turn some of these shots amount to a great deal of luck not skill.  I'd like to see a format where they play head to head in 9 hole match play, double elimination with winners / losers bracket.  It might not be as exciting as breaking glass or hitting it over a flop wall but it would be a better indicator of their golf skills.

Why is this the only sport where we hold amatuer status in such reverance?  I know of no other sport or occupation like it.  So we don't have some magical number that alegedly levels the playing field.  So we are not eligible for a select few elitist USGA events.  So what.  The handicap system is too easy to manipulate anyway.  So if someone offers these women $50K to be on a TV show.  Good for them.

Though I am off topic.

Amatuer status is important to college kids who lose their scholarships because they appeared on the Big Break and don't win.  The girl this year walked away without the prizes and now she has to pay for her college education out of pocket or take out loans.

Originally Posted by ev780

Why is this the only sport where we hold amatuer status in such reverance?  I know of no other sport or occupation like it.  So we don't have some magical number that alegedly levels the playing field.  So we are not eligible for a select few elitist USGA events.  So what.  The handicap system is too easy to manipulate anyway.  So if someone offers these women $50K to be on a TV show.  Good for them.

Though I am off topic.

Joe Paradiso

Though I am off topic.

Not really hard to get amateur status back.  Just have to sit out for 1 or 2 years and pay the $150 reinstatement fee to the USGA.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

50k isn't a lot of money compared to the opportunity to get school paid for. Now i have no idea what opportunites Z or the other girl really had as scholarship can mean anything from a free ride to we will give 500 bucks for books. I don't know what the rant about handicaps is about. I am talking about gross tournaments (city, state, national, along with college ones) that are amateur only. Being able to face competition at your level is necessary to develop. Right now it looks like girls will get killed on the minitours and they will have to pay big bucks to play. Give them 3 years of college experience and maybe they would have a shot. Obviously all of this is assuming they want to be pro golfers which is a big if.

Though I am off topic.

Zakiya did a good job on Big Break Academy.  She seemed quite relaxed and had a good attitude.

Anyone know what putter she used?  I didn't recognize it.  Looked kind of like an original Ping.

Dave.
---------------------------------------
Driver: Big Bertha Titanium 454 10* Fairway: Big Bertha 16* 3 wood
Hybrid: G10 21* Ironwood: Bazooka JMAX QL 4/23*

Irons: G10 3; 5-PW AWT reg shafts Wedge: Ping 50 Tour-S & Mizuno 56-10 Chrome

Putter: Ping Pal2 BeCu

Originally Posted by Dave24309

Zakiya did a good job on Big Break Academy.  She seemed quite relaxed and had a good attitude.

Anyone know what putter she used?  I didn't recognize it.  Looked kind of like an original Ping.

SeeMore looks to be about 27" in length

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Here is the last Cactus Tour, which is a mini tour for ladies, that has a couple of BB bootees in it. Note Shannon Fish, the little blonde with the drawl and the lovely
Meghan Hardin. Those scores are representative of what I saw of their games. Also note one Joy Trotter, who regularly kicks major ass on the Cactus tour, as I
observed from looking at the entire schedule.
2012 EVENT #13 OCOTILLO
FINAL RESULTS  5-9-12
1 JOY TROTTER 70-71-70--211 $1,800
2 REBECKA HEINMERT 72-75-70--217 1200
T3 TAYLORE KARLE 76-73-72--221 850
MAGGIE NOEL 71-75-75--221 850
5 HILLARY PACKARD(am) 70-75-77--222 50GC
6 KATE MACHADO 78-74-71--223 500
T7 SHANNON FISH 71-76-77--224 400
NICOLE ZHANG(am) 73-76-75--224
9 KIMBERLY JOHNSON(am) 76-75-74--225
10 JORDAN ONTIVEROS 74-75-77--226
11 ALLIE JORDAN 75-75-79--229
12 AMANDA ROBERTSON 76-80-74--230
13 FIAMMA FELITCH 81-73-77--231
14 MEGHAN HARDIN 79-77-76--232
15 LAUREN SULLIVAN 79-77-79--235

Note: This thread is 4155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!