IGNORED

Cleveland Browns

Spyder
Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey I'm a Browns fan! Clevelander all the way. Though I'm more of a Cavs fan. Anyways, I noticed some friendly banter about us sucking. Well I've got two words for the haters. Did you teams d coordinator ever look like this? Hmm. well DID IT? DID IT?

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Domenic

Did you teams d coordinator ever look like this? Hmm. well DID IT? DID IT?

You meant to ask "did he?" Not did "it".

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by tiger187126

fujita will be back from his suspension by then, but i don't think he has 4.3 speed.

4.3 speed is only going to be useful when he actually makes it into the open field though. Until a player is able to burn it up field untouched, 4.3 speed can equate to a head on collision into a brick wall of a LB. Not to say he won't make it into the field, but too much stock is placed into a QB's speed these days. Sure, Cam Newton is effective but they didn't get anywhere. A Super Bowl has never been won by a mobile QB before.

I'll take an Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Brady, Aikman (way too many to keep naming), over a Cunningham, RGIII, Newton, Vick, or Tebow any day.

Of course, I'm generalizing and not saying that you think speed is what matters - but too many fans out there actually do put their hopes and stock in a mobile QB.

RGIII may prove to be the exception because he appears to have a more accurate and stronger arm than any of the examples of mobile quarterbacks I listed above, but we won't know that until he gets his feet wet in the NFL.

Originally Posted by iacas

You meant to ask "did he?" Not did "it".

Did you(r) teams d coordinator ever look like this?

He was referring to the team, therefore 'it' is correct.

Originally Posted by Spyder

4.3 speed is only going to be useful when he actually makes it into the open field though. Until a player is able to burn it up field untouched, 4.3 speed can equate to a head on collision into a brick wall of a LB. Not to say he won't make it into the field, but too much stock is placed into a QB's speed these days. Sure, Cam Newton is effective but they didn't get anywhere. A Super Bowl has never been won by a mobile QB before.

I'll take an Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Brady, Aikman (way too many to keep naming), over a Cunningham, RGIII, Newton, Vick, or Tebow any day.

Of course, I'm generalizing and not saying that you think speed is what matters - but too many fans out there actually do put their hopes and stock in a mobile QB.

RGIII may prove to be the exception because he appears to have a more accurate and stronger arm than any of the examples of mobile quarterbacks I listed above, but we won't know that until he gets his feet wet in the NFL.

i am a firm believer that the NFL QB position is evolving. check out some little known rodgers stats:

69 games played, 249 rushing attempts for 1,183 yards, 4.8ypc, and 16 rushing touchdowns.

he's no vick or newton, but rodgers does run with the football and is quicker than people think. becoming a total athlete at the QB position is going to become more and more important as the schemes and the level of athlete on the other side of the ball continue to develop.

btw, here's some more ok qbs who like to run:

Steve Young 169 gp, 722 att for 4,239 yards, 5.9ypc, 43 tds

John Elway 234 gp, 774att for 3,407 yds, 4.4ypc, 33 tds

Fran Tarkenton 246gp, 675 att for 3,674yds, 5.4ypc, 32tds

Donovan McNabb (whom i loathe) 167 gp, 616att for 3,459yds, 5.6 ypc, 29tds

now that said, what it takes to be a winning QB right now is deadly accuracy and quick thinking, but watching a guy like newton shred rookie numbers for PASSING when he was anything but a polished collegiate passer gives an indication that the tides might be changing. mobility does a lot of things without actually crossing the line of scrimage and elway's coach is now RGIII's coach so i'm sure we'll see him put pressure on edge guys that's gonna open plays down the field. don't forget luck put up cam newton combine numbers, and no one is saying he's a one trick pony or making newton comparisons.

also, too many people want to make the vick/rgIII comarison, but here are some numbers to think about:

Passed for 9,430 yards, 82 TDs and 22 INTs . 2011 QB Rating 169.7 and 71.3% comp

Passed for 10,366 yards, 78 TDs and 17 INTs .  2011 QB Rating 189.5 and 72.4% comp

those are your top 2 qbs this year. those are pretty damn good passing numbers, but if you add in the rushing

Rushed for 957 yards and seven TDs.

Rushed for 2,254 yards and 33 TDs.

both are multidimensional and luck actually has a longer run than rgiii ever had.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

• Administrator
Originally Posted by zipazoid

He was referring to the team, therefore 'it' is correct.

He was referring to the d coordinator.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He was referring to the d coordinator.

He said 'your team's d coordinator'. So the 'it' referred to the 'your team's'.

your team's = it

d coordinator = he

Originally Posted by tiger187126

i am a firm believer that the NFL QB position is evolving. check out some little known rodgers stats:

69 games played, 249 rushing attempts for 1,183 yards, 4.8ypc, and 16 rushing touchdowns.

he's no vick or newton, but rodgers does run with the football and is quicker than people think. becoming a total athlete at the QB position is going to become more and more important as the schemes and the level of athlete on the other side of the ball continue to develop.

btw, here's some more ok qbs who like to run:

Steve Young 169 gp, 722 att for 4,239 yards, 5.9ypc, 43 tds

John Elway 234 gp, 774att for 3,407 yds, 4.4ypc, 33 tds

Fran Tarkenton 246gp, 675 att for 3,674yds, 5.4ypc, 32tds

Donovan McNabb (whom i loathe) 167 gp, 616att for 3,459yds, 5.6 ypc, 29tds

now that said, what it takes to be a winning QB right now is deadly accuracy and quick thinking, but watching a guy like newton shred rookie numbers for PASSING when he was anything but a polished collegiate passer gives an indication that the tides might be changing. mobility does a lot of things without actually crossing the line of scrimage and elway's coach is now RGIII's coach so i'm sure we'll see him put pressure on edge guys that's gonna open plays down the field. don't forget luck put up cam newton combine numbers, and no one is saying he's a one trick pony or making newton comparisons.

also, too many people want to make the vick/rgIII comarison, but here are some numbers to think about:

Passed for 9,430 yards, 82 TDs and 22 INTs . 2011 QB Rating 169.7 and 71.3% comp

Passed for 10,366 yards, 78 TDs and 17 INTs .  2011 QB Rating 189.5 and 72.4% comp

those are your top 2 qbs this year. those are pretty damn good passing numbers, but if you add in the rushing

Rushed for 957 yards and seven TDs.

Rushed for 2,254 yards and 33 TDs.

both are multidimensional and luck actually has a longer run than rgiii ever had.

Well, I wasn't comparing the two per-say, just generalizing basically because RGIII does run an awful lot. I'm also not looking at collegiate numbers because it's a totally different world than the NFL - which you know as well. We'll just see how the season plays out. I'm a fan of great football so I hope RGIII succeeds, as well as Luck, Richardson, etc.

On a side note, I personally do not think Luck and the Colts will be a .500 team this year. I'm guessing 6-10 for the Colts this year; no better than 7-9.

He said 'your team's d coordinator'. So the 'it' referred to the 'your team's'. your team's = it d coordinator = he

He didn't even put the apostrophe in what should have been "team's" (opting for "teams" instead), so who the hell knows what he was saying. :-D

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
He said 'your team's d coordinator'. So the 'it' referred to the 'your team's'. your team's = it d coordinator = he

Zip, sorry, basic grammar. Your driver is 45" long. I'm not referring to "your". My hat is black. Not referring to me. Referring to my hat.

Zip, sorry, basic grammar. Your driver is 45" long. I'm not referring to "your". My hat is black. Not referring to me. Referring to my hat.

You don't know what her was referring to, Erik. That's my point.

Whatever. Go Browns.

• Administrator

Well that's one way to get the last word in, to delete my response.

Whatever. Go Browns.

Uh, the response that's right there? Right above this one?

Go talk to an English teacher. They teach grammar to Browns fans, too, don't they?

I look forward to two easy games this year. Maybe we can beat up a QB so badly again this year the Browns trade him mid-season. :)

Uh, the response that's right there? Right above this one?

Go talk to an English teacher. They teach grammar to Browns fans, too, don't they?

I look forward to two easy games this year. Maybe we can beat up a QB so badly again this year the Browns trade him mid-season. :)

Site Owner powers can make things appear & disappear. I don't have the ability to go beyond the lines of the rules.

But you do...and so does your team. What you call "beat up." the NFL calls a fine & suspension. Soon as your team plays by the rules we can have a fair fight. Until then, keep playing dirty. It's the Steelers way.

• Administrator

But you do...and so does your team. What you call "beat up." the NFL calls a fine & suspension. Soon as your team plays by the rules we can have a fair fight. Until then, keep playing dirty. It's the Steelers way.

I imagine being delusional comes in handy for a Browns fan. As soon as your team stops completely sucking we'll have a fair fight.

I love the Browns, they were the only ones willing to bring on Mangenius who then handed us Braylon Edwards.  Too bad we cut Edwards to sign Plaxico, last year might have been different if we hadn't signed Plax.  Any time I think the Jet's can't make any more bone head moves I just look at the Browns and feel better that I'm not a Browns fan.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4098 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!