IGNORED

Callaway HX Tour 56

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know. I was playing 9 on Tuesday using Pro V1's and i lost 5 balls in 4 holes. I switch back to the Callaway HX Tour 56 and guess what. I hit a driver about 370 (Very dry and must have gotten a really lucky bounce). Lob wedge to a tight pin. Knock in the 6 foot putt for birdie.

I had one about 320 down the middle of the fairway the other day...slight downhill, pretty dry but not unplayable (the course does have irrigation) with a Top Flite pellet. 350 yard par 4, so I figure, a chip and a putt for birdie.

I spend time watching my buddy take seven shots out of the greenside pot bunker - then I flub my chip into the bunker, and then blast it to the other side of the green with my next shot. Then, I three putted for a double.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

My dad loves these as well. My dad is a 4 handicap, and thinks they are just as good as Prov1's. But, since he plays almost every day and still loses a lot of golf balls, he's decided to downgrade to the Callaway HX Hots...he loves them. They go like 10-15 yards further then the HX tours...but the HX tours hold the green much better I noticed...

I love callaway's golf balls. I always have. They are just as good as titleist.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

My dad loves these as well. My dad is a 4 handicap, and thinks they are just as good as Prov1's. But, since he plays almost every day and still loses a lot of golf balls, he's decided to downgrade to the Callaway HX Hots...he loves them. They go like 10-15 yards further then the HX tours...but the HX tours hold the green much better I noticed...

If your dad plays to a 4 and loses a lot of balls, wouldn't he be scratch if he stopped losing balls? (Or tell him to stop playing such a tight course.)

So, when worrying about my wallet, should I go for the HX Hot or just go for broke and get the HX Tour 56? (I lose 1-4 balls per round).
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

If your dad plays to a 4 and loses a lot of balls, wouldn't he be scratch if he stopped losing balls? (Or tell him to stop playing such a tight course.)

no...he's a 4 because of his short game. It's never been the same since he was a scratch back in college.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I used the HX Hots for a while before switching to the HX Tours. I found the HX Hots were longer for my iron shots (about 5 yards on average) but about the same for my driver. The big big difference was that the Hots did not spin anywhere the same amount around the green (nor would I expect them to). Much easier to keep the HX Tours on the green.

I haven't tried the HX Tour 56s, but I get plenty of spin as is right now and from what I have read the Tours are suppose to be a bit longer than the Tour 56s. I haven't tried the new Pro V1 or V1x. I did try the last generation and preferred the HX Tours (longer for me at least).
Driver: TM R7 SuperQuad 9.5*, RE*AX Stiff
3 Wood: TM R7 TP, 13*, Fujikura Stiff

Hybrids: TM Rescue Dual TPs 2, 3, and 4, Mitsubishi Diamana Stiff
Irons: 2-PW TM R7 TP, DG S300Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour 52*Lob Wedge: Callway X-Tour 58* PM GrindPutter: Odyssey White Steel #5Ball: Callaway HX-Tour2, 3,...

I've been wanting to try a sleeve of these in the past few weeks but I gotta keep playing the ProV's because I still have competition(state golf for Wisconsin) and I want to keep everything consistent. And for the guy who brought up Srixons, I'll agree with him that they are pretty awesome. In my practice rounds I've been shooting some of my better scores using their cheaper balls that they offer, so I really want to get some of their top of the line balls.
My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

Try the Nike platinum. I like the Callaway and the pro v1 but the nike feels the best and my 77 have me converted

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

I really love the HX Tours. Not so much the HX Tour 56 but the regular HX Tour. I think with most, it's just a feel thing and these feel the best to me.

In My Bag:
Driver: R9 TP 9.5°
Hybrids: Idea Pro, 16°, 20°, VS Proto
Irons: TP MB 4-P
Wedges: Vokey SM 50.08 54°, 60°Putter: NP2

To me a ball doesnt really matter, yes i agree the more expensive ball is better, but i dont need it to shoot well. Although it is nice to have an expensive ball in your bag

I shot my first score in the 70's with a 79 last year with a 10 year old ball called a "Tournament Plus"

In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I really do think the type of ball plays an important part in what you shoot mentally and physically. Take the Top-flite XL 2000 (hard as a rock) and a Pro V and ask your self which you feel more confident hitting. Hmmmmm i can play with a play with a ball that i know is tour proven or a ball that is as hard as a rock and maybe is a rock with a plastic covering
oh well i cant pay $45 a dozen so it looks like im stuck with my rocks

lets hope i get so good tht i dont have to pay for anything ever again

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

i love the HX tour 56. My wedges eat then up like crazy but I can deal with that when the ball bites the green like it does.

Diablo Octane
Big Bertha 2007 3W 

Razr X 3H, 4H
Razr X Irons 5-PW 

Wedges X-Tour 56* and 60*

White Ice D.A.R.T Mallet 

Ball Tour i(s)

I tried this ball on the weekend and I was impressed. It was only with me for a few holes, unfortunatley, but I could really tell the difference. I had a bunker shot that managed to hold on to the green and I know it would have been long gone with my regular Maxfli... It really is amazing the difference in feel, even to a higher handicapper like me... But I can't justify the cost at this stage in my game...

I see that Maxfli now has a Tour version of their Fire balls that John Daly uses. They say they have a soft feel... Has anyone tried these? they are $15/dozen cheaper than the Callaways, I am going to give them a try because I have always really liked Maxfli balls...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!