IGNORED

What would you have done? (Course respect question) And also, whats the call?

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 4347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I believe it's 'any club, any where, any time'.  But club must be used 'appropriately'; forbidden to use club as billiard cue stick to 'putt'.  .

Not condoning it, but just sayin'..... [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/8KQ3PDDhFuw[/VIDEO]

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by inthehole

This is an unfortunate situation & your ball falling directly behing his divot falls into the "if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all" category.    I do have a question though ... I have been carrying a chipper lately & would have probably used it safely in that situation without further damage to the green - is it legal to use a chipping club (or any iron for that matter) on a green, or are we required to only use a putter on a green ??

Just to clarify the others answers...you can use any club you wish when YOU ARE ON YOUR CORRECT GREEN .  Thats the important part.  If you're playing a hole and hit say..your tee shot onto another holes green, you take a free drop at the nearest point of relief no closer to the hole from the green AND fringe and proceed on.

It doesn't matter if you think "I'll just use my chipper and advance the ball up this way off the green" Thats a violation of the rules.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

I believe there is no rule that you cannot hit off a green, its not something you do but technically he is in the clear. As for the divot on the lie I would of just putted.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Diece

I believe there is no rule that you cannot hit off a green, its not something you do but technically he is in the clear. As for the divot on the lie I would of just putted.

No, he's not. This has all been discussed. It's against the rules to hit a shot off a green that isn't your own.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

No, he's not. This has all been discussed. It's against the rules to hit a shot off a green that isn't your own.

gah read what happened wrong, but still I did not know that you couldn't do it off a green that isn't yours. Good to know for that errant shot

Man... I was hoping that he pulled out his wedge to chip over the divot. :-P

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

The rules of golf allow for the repairing of pitch marks, etc, etc........  I'm sure there is a rule that will allow relief from a massive divot.  I don't really care enough to look it up.  Any normal person would move the ball a couple inches left or right/no closer to the hole so the divot was not in the line.   If it's a tourney, call an official for a ruling...LOL....otherwise don't sweat it!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• Administrator
Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

The rules of golf allow for the repairing of pitch marks, etc, etc........  I'm sure there is a rule that will allow relief from a massive divot.  I don't really care enough to look it up.  Any normal person would move the ball a couple inches left or right/no closer to the hole so the divot was not in the line.   If it's a tourney, call an official for a ruling...LOL....otherwise don't sweat it!!

Nope. Not without the committee ruling it GUR.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Nope. Not without the committee ruling it GUR.

I was going to say I've never ran into this problem before, but I wasn't really thinking clearly.   It's usually not an idiot with a wedge making the divot......it's an idiot whacking the green with a putter after missing a short putt!!!!    Another pet peeve of mine!!!!!  Sheesh......I feel another rant coming on...LOL

If it's a casual round, rules be damned.....I'll move my ball a couple inches left or right to avoid the "idiot mark" .   I guess I'm not a purist..........LOL Oh well.....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!