IGNORED

Irrational Dislike of Black Golf Gloves?

Dave H
Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/271339/width/300/height/379][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/271339/width/300/height/379[/IMG][/URL] I took a lot of heat for wearing this one...way too sparkly.
  • Upvote 1

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I took a lot of heat for wearing this one...way too sparkly.

Yeah. You might want to rethink that one.

they dont show the dirt , a white glove looks ruined after one round

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

I just think they look weird.  I can see why some people like them in that they dont show dirt or rubber residue from grips but that blackening is what tells you when a glove is starting to get slick and when its time to replace it.

I could see going with black gloves if you are a Gary Player or Phil Mickelson wannabe and like to wear all black but other than that they just look weird.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by shockingslicer

they dont show the dirt , a white glove looks ruined after one round

Maybe that's why I refuse to wear white pants and hats on the course (or anywhere else actually).

Do see guys who stick the glove in their back pocket so people can see the white fingers hanging out consider wearing a black glove when they wear white pants?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

White pants look great - but I don't have any because I would be afraid to get them dirty or stained.  For instance, I was wearing khakis just a few weeks ago and had a mid round snickers bar.  Unfortunately a sliver of chocolate fell on the seat.  My butt found it - and it looked like I myself.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Khaki and white are fine if you buy good stain resistant material, but I agree, they arent great for walking 18. I'll use mine on a cart day. I generally use black, tan, brown, navy, or Loudmouth pants. Glove color has never bothered me, and I have had a bunch of gloves that were wacky colors. But I dont believe I ever used a black one. I would though.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I want a Srixon Yellow glove to match my hat and balls lol.

I ran into a guy this past weekend playing the yellow Q star balls; he had the yellow bag, shirt and shoes.... I had to let him know about a course nearby that had the matching hats.

• 1 year later...

Sheeeet, I can't recall the last time I bought white gloves.

Black gloves all the way! It gives me THAT look

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I haven't worn a glove in years but if I did then I suppose looking like Luke Skywalker would't be too bad.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I haven't worn a glove in years but if I did then I suppose looking like Luke Skywalker would't be too bad.

Dang, now I want a black glove.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

The fact that we have a thread concerning the color of gloves may be one of the reasons I love this game. I did find a great deal on 5 black Nike gloves for 20 bucks. Well, actually my buddy found it, and me being the only lefty he knows, he passed it along to me. They do look kind of odd while wearing short sleeves, but seem to flow quite well in long sleeves. IMO, but I can appreciate a man sticking to his guns and saying they are offensive. SIDENOTE: Sometimes if I am playing bad, I will take it off and play raw. It may be mental but seems to help.

• Administrator

i didn't know about these until i tried to find Charley Hoffman's green glove.

http://www.gfore.com/products/the-collection/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!