IGNORED

Titleist 910 D2 or R11 Driver

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which one?

• R11 Driver
    • Titleist 910 D2 Driver

adding the D2 and F.d in August. Happy B-day to me.

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

Originally Posted by PLAYHOUSE

adding the D2 and F.d in August. Happy B-day to me.

Then the 913 comes out in November...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Then the 913 comes out in November...

yeah I know but I'm hoping by August the 910 line will come down in price, plus 90 day guarantee

Four 5 Stand Bag Blue   PRO V1X

910 D2 9.5° - Diamana Kal'li 65g S

RBZ Stage 2 15° - Diamana Kal'li 72g S  

913H 21° /  910H 24° - Diamana Kal'li 82g S

710 AP2 6-PW - Dynamic Gold S300SL

Vokey Spin Milled 09  56° &  60° 

#1 White Hot 34" - Ionic Grip

My Swing  

yeah I know but I'm hoping by August the 910 line will come down in price, plus 90 day guarantee

It will come down $100, if there are any left when the 913 comes out - the price wont go down much before the release date

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I am paying $309 new for the D3. Ebay with virtually the same set up as I ordered is going for 10 bux less used.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I am paying $309 new for the D3. Ebay with virtually the same set up as I ordered is going for 10 bux less used.

I just noticed your avatar! Very cool!!!!!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Sounds kinda low especially for a driver that's not been released yet and on ebay to boot.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

[quote name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/59781/titleist-910-d2-or-r11-driver/18#post_733534"] I am paying $309 new for the D3. Ebay with virtually the same set up as I ordered is going for 10 bux less used.

Sounds kinda low especially for a driver that's not been released yet and on ebay to boot.[/quote] I was talking about buying the 910.

I picked up a 910 D2 last week, 9.5 degrees. Haven't messed with any of the adjustments yet.. left it on A-1 standard setting. Flies straight and far. I didn't hit the R11 though..white club isn't for me. Not really a Titleist fanboy either...great club

For me it's definently the D2, I was looking for a new driver about a month ago and hit the D2 & R11 amongst others and just did not like the feel of the R11 (I had an R9 SuperTri TP before I bought the D2), but found the Titleist the best, maybe that's just my personal opinion.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

• 2 weeks later...
The Question Is... Should I wait?
I'm at Titlesit in August converting from the 08 Ap2's But Im booked for 2 hours and looking at a shaft refit for the 910.
I think it's worth it though because if the 913 comes out in November for the guys in the UK the summer is over although we haven't seen the summet yet...!!! Frustation.

• 2 months later...

I have an older 7 degree Taylor Made (prior to R7) I've been hitting for 10 years and compare all other drivers to that.  I've hit (range only) the R11 and R11S and cannot justify buying one.  My seven degree is longer and accurate, even after a fitting.  However, today I demo'd a Titleist 910 R2 10.5 dialed down to 9.75 and, although I don't care to hit a 460cc driver, I now have a worthy challenger for my old TM.  Next week I take it to the course (Camp Pendleton, CA.) to give it the real test.  I already have an idea what my wife will be buying for my birthday in December...the Titleist 910 R2.  Sorry Taylor Made.

• 1 month later...

Ok.  So, for anyone who can actually see this post, I opted for the Taylor Made R11S in 9 degree.  My old driver was the Taylor Made 320 Titanium 7 degree.  I'll turn 50 on the 28th of Dec.  Three weeks ago I paced 302 yds (Titleist Pro V1) with this driver set at 7.5 degrees; 10 in the toe and 2 in the heel; ASP set to C (but seems more psychological that anything else).  Anyway, does anyone know a comparable ball composition to the old Titleist with a balata cover?  I'm working on my back spin (approach shots), and although I can bring it back around a foot or so, I am looking for greater backspin.  Anyone out there?

Originally Posted by RETIRED MARINE

Ok.  So, for anyone who can actually see this post, I opted for the Taylor Made R11S in 9 degree.  My old driver was the Taylor Made 320 Titanium 7 degree.  I'll turn 50 on the 28th of Dec.  Three weeks ago I paced 302 yds (Titleist Pro V1) with this driver set at 7.5 degrees; 10 in the toe and 2 in the heel; ASP set to C (but seems more psychological that anything else).  Anyway, does anyone know a comparable ball composition to the old Titleist with a balata cover?  I'm working on my back spin (approach shots), and although I can bring it back around a foot or so, I am looking for greater backspin.  Anyone out there?

There is no ball made any longer (I don't think) with rubber bands and the old cover - I assume you're referring to the old Titleist Professional, the precursor to the ProV1.

If you're hitting it that hard and with low loft, you're not getting much backspin on long, driver and iron shots - but supposedly, the high end, low spinning, urethane balls have the most back spin on the greens with the shorter clubs - from reading too many posts in various forums, and since you're a TM man, you might give the Taylormade TP5 a go - they're on sale now.

Both of your driver candidates are excellent . Good luck with the new driver.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Badgers4life

I was wondering for some opinions on what driver to get. I like both and do not know which one to choose. Some Opinions???

Thanks

Why have you narrowed it down to these two drivers? I've hit them both on a launch monitor and played my buddy's D2 along mine on the course. My 4 year old FT-iZ was longer than both. Between the 2, I liked the D2 much more, but launch quite high. The D3 should get you more distance if you're not needing that extra forgiveness in a driver, I'm looking forward to giving it a go this summer, might knock the FT-iZ out of the bag...

In the Bag

Cobra Amp Cell Pro Black Tie 7M3 Stiff  |  LS Hybrid Kurokage Stiff  |
 Nickent 4DX KBS Hybrid Stiff 3,4  | Cobra S3 Pro 5-PW Project X 5.5  |
 Scratch 53*, 59*  |  Odyssey Backstryke  |  Srixon Z Star

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mr. Desmond.  Funny, I remember the old T Pro with the rubber bands and the rubber core.  You could leave a dent in that ball with a finger nail!   I'll check out the TP5 and see if I can leave an imprint.  It's a good test for compression.  Right now I'm implementing a game of distance vs backspin (Titleist Pro V1 on all reachable holes and Titleist Tour Distance on all others.).  Again, I will check out the TP5.  Thank you.

Badgers4life,

I finally opted for the TM R11S over the Titleist 910.  I only decided upon this driver based on the price I was offered.  Since tuning it myself, my longest drive (two weeks ago) is 356 yards, slight draw, and added another to my fairway stats (Redhawk GC in Temecula, CA).  I'm 50 with a small tear in the disk between L5 and S1.  I know.  Most won't believe it.  Anyway, although the drive was impressive, it doesn't matter the distance nor the accuracy-it's what you do with your next shot.  Good luck in your choice.

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!