IGNORED

Favorite NFL Team

tiger187126
Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by meenman

Passing stats are weak. I hear the same thing from lions fans - it means you have no running game and no defense - you only throw for that many yards when you need to. But I do enjoy the sight of brady crying after being tossed around like a rag doll.

Umm... just because the running game and the defense might be weak does not mean that passes will automatically be completed, so passing stats are not weak in the least.

There is no QB greater in the clutch

OK, now we know that washington fan is as delusional as boston fan, but that's ok - at least you are loyal. Just remember that the skins are the new cardinals of the division.

Passing stats are weak. I hear the same thing from lions fans - it means you have no running game and no defense - you only throw for that many yards when you need to. But I do enjoy the sight of brady crying after being tossed around like a rag doll.

obviously you've been drinking that stadium swamp water a little too much. i mean there's no disputing that the wood was laid on your giants twice by the skins, especially the second game when you were in win or miss the playoff mode.

and btw, eli had a great year last year, last year. it's not like he's captain comeback his whole career and he deserves to be hailed as a perennial stud. he was excellent last year, we'll see if he can repeat.

and speaking of running game:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing

so how about you brush up on some football and lay off that jersey stuff for a while.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Originally Posted by Kapanda

Romo. He gets a lot of shit because his team doesn't do as well as it should, but in terms of QB talent, Romo is there with Eli.

[queue the team accomplishment stats to prove how good Eli is]

Romo is best known for banging jessica simpson - other than that he is best known for being jerry jones lover - as a QB, he has done nothing

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In terms of QB talent, he's not very different to Eli. They're both second tier.

Maybe you belong in the pot smoking thread, shall we compare rings?

Follow me on twitter

[queue the team accomplishment stats to prove how good Eli is]

As soon as you say "compare rings", that's when I know to stop discussing football with you.

"Let's talk about something a team accomplishes to compare individual talent."

As soon as you say "compare rings", that's when I know to stop discussing football with you.

"Let's talk about something a team accomplishes to compare individual talent."

This comes from someone that would put eli and romo in the same sentence.

Most experts agree that Eli is one of the top QBs in the game, romo has done nothing. There is more than stats to a QB - it's runnng the clock and making the big plays, not throwing for 600 yards because your team is down 5 TDs.

It is a team game but the leader on offense is generally the QB, yes the giants have a decent defense - but it doesnt matter if you cant score when it counts

Follow me on twitter

When I first moved to America, I lived in Connecticut, so I'm a Patriots fan--that '86 Superbowl was tough to watch, but didn't compare to anguish induced by David Tyree's facemask catch. Always root for the Saints unless they are playing New England. I was in New Orleans New Years 1987. The town was electric with excitement, football fans everywhere with Saints shirts on singing "who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints". The Auburn Tigers were in the Sugar Bowl January 1st and the Saints were playing the Vikings in the Superdome January 3rd. Football fans everywhere singing and chanting fight songs. I'd been in DFW four years and had never seen anything approximating that kind of fan support and spirit.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

You're right, let's not compare QBs using passing stats. Who has the most pancakes?

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

You're right, let's not compare QBs using passing stats. Who has the most pancakes?

Or we could compare belicheats super bowl record since spygate

Follow me on twitter

Originally Posted by jamo

(pssst, giants were the worst rushing team in the league last year, eli had the 4th highest pass attempts in the league, 5th most yards, and had to come back in 4th quarter 8 times last year [which is good when he's referring to eli, but bad when he's referring to every other qb])

if i were a giant fan i would count my lucky stars that my team got hot and lucky at the right times of the year twice recently and leave it at that. they've been far from dominant and aren't considered a lock by anyone to even win their division.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Originally Posted by tiger187126

(pssst, giants were the worst rushing team in the league last year, eli had the 4th highest pass attempts in the league, 5th most yards, and had to come back in 4th quarter 8 times last year [which is good when he's referring to eli, but bad when he's referring to every other qb])

if i were a giant fan i would count my lucky stars that my team got hot and lucky at the right times of the year twice recently and leave it at that. they've been far from dominant and aren't considered a lock by anyone to even win their division.

You can pull all of the stats out of your ass that you choose. Bottom line - look at our trophies. Dont bother with the luck card - you can make a case for any team to be *lucky* - you also have to be in it for luck to matter.

I realize it is bad enough living in the slum called DC, but the team there is going to do nothing to bring up the spirits of the locals.

Follow me on twitter

You can pull all of the stats out of your ass that you choose. Bottom line - look at our trophies. Dont bother with the luck card - you can make a case for any team to be *lucky* - you also have to be in it for luck to matter.

I realize it is bad enough living in the slum called DC, but the team there is going to do nothing to bring up the spirits of the locals.

you are obviously more than a little short between the ears, but go ahead and think that a SB trophy cures all ills. obviously with the sparkling records of:

9-7

10-6 (no playoffs)

8-8 (no playoffs)

12-4

10-6

8-8

11-5

6-10 (no playoffs)

4-12 (no playoffs)

your team has no weaknesses and it's no wonder that you can roll through anybody

honestly you're just an uneducated football "fan" who likes to stick his chest out and brag about "his team," even though he doesn't know anything about them. your posts scream of "fairweather fan" so how about you go and polish that lombardi (or eli) and let people who actually watch football talk.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

you are obviously more than a little short between the ears, but go ahead and think that a SB trophy cures all ills. obviously with the sparkling records of:

9-7 (SB champions)

10-6 (no playoffs)

8-8 (no playoffs)

12-4

10-6 (SB champions)

8-8

11-5

6-10 (no playoffs)

4-12 (no playoffs)

your team has no weaknesses and it's no wonder that you can roll through anybody

honestly you're just an uneducated football "fan" who likes to stick his chest out and brag about "his team," even though he doesn't know anything about them. your posts scream of "fairweather fan" so how about you go and polish that lombardi (or eli) and let people who actually watch football talk.

Now let's compare them to your wonder team

5-11

6-10

4-12

9-7

9-7

5-11

10-6

6-10

5-11

Not including playoffs are our 2 super bowl victories in that time, our regular season record in that span is 12 games over .500, your is 26 games under (i'd compare playoff records, but I dont want to make you look that pathetic)

I understand that you are upset at being a constant doormat, but those that live in glass houses should not be the ones throwing stones.......

Follow me on twitter

Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  Born and raised in Tampa, and have been a fan ever since 1976.

Damn near got heatstroke watching them lose to the Cardinals in the cluster-fornication that was the 1983 season.  I can definitely sympathize with the Browns fans.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

obviously you've been drinking that stadium swamp water a little too much. i mean there's no disputing that the wood was laid on your giants twice by the skins, especially the second game when you were in win or miss the playoff mode.

Really?  The 'skins beating us twice last year is the important thing?  Not that we won the Superbowl while your team was earning a high draft choice with their impressive 5-11 season?

Tell you what, if the 'skins beat us twice again this year but we win the Superbowl, I'll take that in a heartbeat.  But I understand - when your team is as lousy as the 'skins were and have been since the glory days of Gibbs you have to take your moral victories where you can.  Maybe this year they will be good enough for the Giants to take seriously.

And maybe you can explain something to me.  If, in the second game, we were in "win or miss the playoffs mode", and we didn't win, just how did we make the playoffs?  My recollection is that when the chips were REALLY down we ripped off 6 wins in a row to make the playoffs and run the table.

Pats fan:  I'm hoping for a repeat match-up in the Big Game this year.

Cowboys fan:  unlike a lot of Giants fans I give Romo a lot of credit.  He is a very good QB (but I'll still take Eli) and HE is not the Cowboy's problem, their owner/GM and their coaching is the real problem.  Giants' fans pray that Jerry never fires himself as GM, as we pray that Dan Snyder never sells the team, and the Eagles never get rid of Reid.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Note: This thread is 4306 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!