IGNORED

Which ball do you use? or prefer?

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which ball do you play or prefer?

• Titleist Pro-V1
    • Titleist Pro-V1x
    • Taylormade TP/Red
    • Taylormade TP/Black
    • Srixon Z-URC
    • Srixon Z-URS
    • Callaway HX TOUR
    • Callaway HX TOUR 56
    • Bridgestone B330
    • Bridgestone B330-S
    • Nike One Black
    • Nike One Platinum
    • Callaway HX HOT
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Top-Flite D2
    • Titleist DT-Solo
    • Nike Juice 312

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TopFlite D2 Feels.

Amazing ball. Not just 'for the price.' Amazing ball all around. You can always get them at Wal Mart for $13.95 for 15. It's a steal.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

I typically play a Bridgestone e5 or Srixon ad333, but both of these balls tend to balloon off the tee for me no matter how low i tee them.

Last time I played, I found a Nike One Platinum and played it for 9 holes. The trajectory with this ball was perfect...mid-high and really held its line in the wind. Can anyone suggest a more affordable ball with a trajectory similar to this?
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

Can anyone suggest a more affordable ball with a trajectory similar to this?

Maxfli Fire Tour.

IMO, that and the ONE feel nearly exact to me.

Driver: Sumo2 5900 10.5*
3+ Utility: 3DX Utility 13.5*
Hybrids: 4DX 18.5*
Irons: MP-30 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey SM54.10 & SM60.04Putter: T.P. Mills StudioBall: GamerBag: Warbird Stand

Thanks! I'll definitely give the fire tours a try.
Callaway FT-9 Tour I-mix 9.5° Driver (Fujikura Zcom Pro 65 stiff)
Mizuno F-50 15° 3w (Exsar FS2 stiff)
Bridgestone J36 19° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro 23° Hybrid (Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff)
Adams Idea Pro Forged 5-pw Irons (DG Black Gold stiff)Nike SV Tour Black Satin...

DT SoLo. I can't bring myself to pay more than $20 a dozen with my game the way it is right now.

In my C-130 bag:

Driver: G10 10.5*
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: G10 steel AWT shafts, silver dot, +1" (3-SW)Wedge: cg12 58*Putters: Squareback 2, California Coronado Low score (18 holes): 90Low score (9 holes): 42

I have been using the Wilson Fifty since the weather cooled down. It is low compression ball. I hit one of my longest drives of the year and love the way it feels when putting.

I live on a golf course so I get pretty much all of the balls listed in my backyard at one time or another! If I buy I buy cheap as I'm not too good yet and I can't see paying 50 bucks a dz for a ball I will lose.

I will say I have used the ProV1 and I really do like them. If I ever get to the point I only lose a ball occasionally I will probably buy them but in the mean time I will play "founds"!

Bag: Old Gunny Sack
Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5*
Wood: G10 15.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: Knock off Pings Wedge: CG-11 56* SW, CG-12 52* GapPutter: Rossa DaytonaGrips: Winn ExtremesBall: Water Logged

Voted NXT Tour as my regular ball, but it depends on the situation :

- Playing with friends and with their agreement, I carry two in the pocket, one cheap ball and a ProV1 (my home course has a lot of water and OB)

- In tournaments, NXT Tour or ProV1

- In winter, a softer ball as Callaway Pearl or Wilson Fifty

Hibore XLS 10.5º Yellow Reg
909F3 13º Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Reg
Big Bertha 17º Reg
585.H 21º Graphite 4175 Reg
804.OS 4-9 Graphite 3975 Reg Vokey Spin Milled 48.06 54.14 60.10 Tess G2 35" ProV1XHome course: Ria de Vigo Golf Vigo (SPAIN)

To tell the truth, at a 20 handicap I'm not sure I can tell the difference enough to matter.

I live next to a 9 hole muni, so the cheap ones drop into my back yard all the time. I've never paid for balls until recently, but because I'm working on becoming a "real golfer" I decided consistency is probably as important as anything. I probably shouldn't be paying big bucks for golf balls yet, but what the hey...

I think lower spin rates will help me keep it straighter and lower. I have a good buddy who is a 4 handicap and he recommended his favorite, the ProV1x. It does have a great feel on the greens.

I will try the TM Red next. I will keep trying whatever is purported to not have too high a spin rate and a lower trajectory.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

TopFlite D2 Feel.

i "feel" the same way (sorry for the pun) about these balls. They are pretty much great everywhere. Price is an absolute steal.. and their tv commercials make me laugh.

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

I use the Taylor Made Reds. I have a very high ball flight on my short irons so I don't really need all the extra spin that the proV1 provides. I can just throw the ball pin high and it usually stops right there. Around the green, I've found that if I pinch down on the ball it will usually hop once or twice and stop just fine. The best part about the TaylorMades are that for my swing speed, they are longer off the tee than the ProV1's.

I use the Taylor Made Reds. I have a very high ball flight on my short irons so I don't really need all the extra spin that the proV1 provides. I can just throw the ball pin high and it usually stops right there. Around the green, I've found that if I pinch down on the ball it will usually hop once or twice and stop just fine. The best part about the TaylorMades are that for my swing speed, they are longer off the tee than the ProV1's.

yeah, i've heard a lot of good things about the TaylorMade Red and Black. Once I get a little more consistent stroke they are first ones i plan to try.

in the Ogio Grom stand bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9°
Wood: Taylormade V Steel 15°
Hybrid: Callaway x series 24°
Irons: Taylormade r7 4-SWWedge: Mizuno MP T 58° Putter: Taylormade Rossa Modena 8Ball: TopFlite D2 Feel & recycled Titleist Pro V1x's

To me it's all about feel around the greens. If I can hit a crisp 30 yard pitch, bounce twice and stop, than that's the ball. So far the Pro V 1 is the ball I like. I've tried alot of these balls and that's the one I go back to time and time again.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

i use the nike power distance soft. They are in the green box.

Driver: Pinemeadows Bloc Driver 10
Hybrid: Adams A2 3 and 4 iron stiff
Irons: A2 hybrid irons
Wedges: Golf Smith 56 and 60 Degree
Putter: Pinemeadows bladeBall: Nike Power Distance softBag: Datrek Icon

I'm cheap so I play with nike power distance soft (about $15 a dozen) and I find that they fit my game better than ProV1 (for distance) and seem to have a nice feel around the greens. They stop where I drop them with wedges -- of course, I rarely drop them where I'd like!

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

I use the Titleist Pro V1 because I play at a course with rock hard greens so I need a lot of spin. I don't mind spending the money because I usually win enough money in club comps anyway. Even though Pro V1's spin a lot I think that I still get very good trajectory and distance out of them.

In the bag:

driver Big Ben CS3 9.5º
3-wood 906F4 15.5º
hybrid rescue mid 19ºirons: MP-60 3-PWwedges vokey spin-milled 54º and 60ºputter tracy IIball Pro V1

Note: This thread is 5598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!