IGNORED

Does anyone own two identical sets of clubs? That isn't sponsored by a club manufacturer.

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious if anyone keeps two sets of the same for travel, or one at course and home or any other reasons....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do.

One set of Hogan BH-5 at home -- I usually take those to the range. (I play Apex Plus irons.)

One set at my family's place out in CA for trips out there. That way I don't have to travel with the clubs ever.

I picked the sets up new, but Hogan had been swallowed up by Callaway, so I got them on the cheap (about $180 per set, I think).

Both sets are 3-PW.  I don't think I'll ever do that again, but it's kind of nice right now.

Originally Posted by Roblar

I do.

One set of Hogan BH-5 at home -- I usually take those to the range. (I play Apex Plus irons.)

One set at my family's place out in CA for trips out there. That way I don't have to travel with the clubs ever.

I picked the sets up new, but Hogan had been swallowed up by Callaway, so I got them on the cheap (about $180 per set, I think).

Both sets are 3-PW.  I don't think I'll ever do that again, but it's kind of nice right now.

Drivers/FW woods the same as well?

I owned 2 sets of Adams A4R irons for a while. Finally sold 1 set when I realized i was going to continue to try different stuff. Still have 1 set, but have replaced the other with 7 different sets.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I will, as soon as I can find a reasonably priced set of Mizuno MP-32's.

Once you find your 'forever irons', why not?

I guess one could argue that it wouldn't be smart, as new irons could come along and make your 2 sets obsolete, etc.

Originally Posted by LBlack14

I owned 2 sets of Adams A4R irons for a while. Finally sold 1 set when I realized i was going to continue to try different stuff. Still have 1 set, but have replaced the other with 7 different sets.

Copy and paste to the club ho thread...

I have a set of Ping g5 irons I am keeping around. I bought them new last year and now friends use them after I played one season and found out Black Dot are not for me. I now carry g2 orange dot irons. The g5 will probably end up in Tulsa at my moms house. It's cheaper to fly round trip to Tulsa from Dallas than it is to drive now ways...

Originally Posted by Dave2512

I have two sets of 845 irons,  I don't use either one.

I like you Dave. You're good people.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

I like you Dave. You're good people.

Not sure if this is an backhanded compliment or not. Either way, thanks .

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Drivers/FW woods the same as well?

Same driver. Different 3-wood.  60 wedge in CA, 58 in OK.
Putters are different too.

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!