IGNORED

Golf is the only time you get to be a "Brand W-hore" and get away with it

MichaelRyanSD
Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was thinking about when I played golf in high school and just recently picked it back up, how I really haven't deviated from what I've always liked back then, still go with now. You would think after a 10 year break it would be a perfect time to branch out, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. I think since so much of golf is mental, you have to have sort of a synergy between everything if you are going to golf better. For me its always been

Clubs: Taylormade, has nothing to do with the fact I've grown up in San Diego

Clothing: Nike, I've seen some other clothes I liked, but Nike has always seemed to find that balance of being comfortable/fashionable/unique without being over the top.

Balls: Nike again, don't really care for their clubs, like their balls :P

Gear: Nike/Taylormade i.e. bags, visors, gloves.

Anyone else this nit picky or is it just me

What about cars?  People tend to stick with the same brand and it turns into a huge fight whenever someone says something else is better.

• Upvote 1

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yeah, I use brand name stuff.  But I have two wedges (59 degree and 53 degree) that are Solus that I'll never get rid of.  Yes, I'm sure Cleveland and Titleist Vokey are better, but I'm so used to these Solus wedges that I have I'll never want to get rid of

Ping driver

ping 3w

sonartec 3h

ping irons

cleveland wedges

$20 walmart putter, with a fatso grip

srixon balls

clothing is a mix mash of what I can find that fits and is light weight, 99/100 items are bought at Ross. Can't beat $20 or less for good quality golf shirts!

Im far more particular about my hockey equipment (especially skates, its Graf's or nothing). Everything but my gloves are reebok. My Gloves, I have 3 pairs, one Sherwood, and two Eastons.

Sticks, 99xx series sherwoods wooden sticks, though I am trying the new Graf and TaylorMade (yup, TM hockey sticks) hockey sticks in a 95 (equivalent to our x-stiff clubs, I guess) flex, that are coming in August.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

With nearly everything being made in Asia these days brand name is affordable. Last winter I bought 9 shirts at Macys for $93. Clearance rack but still. Same thing with Kohls. When the clothes I like hit the clearance rack I buy everything I can find in my size. I pay less for Adidas gear than the junk at Walmart costs. As for golf clubs I use Ping, matching set from driver to putter. My cars are BMW. Life is too short I buy what I like.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alpha driver

Tour Edge Exotics 3 wood

Nickent Hybrids

Miura Irons

KZG 52*

Callaway 58* and 64*

Odessy Putter

Cally Golf Balls

Tour Edge Gloves

I play whatever I hit the best and could care less who made it so long as it performs.  No way anyone manufacturer makes the best everything so I pick and choose from different manufacturers.

Oh I'm a big brand hors d'oeu·vres

If it doesn't say Titleist, it's not touching my bag.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

i like certain brands too but i hate feeling like an advertisement...so i prefer anonymous shirts and hats

Originally Posted by Motley01

Oh I'm a big brand hors d'oeu·vres

If it doesn't say Titleist, it's not touching my bag.

That is a sad, sad statement. Especially when it comes to things like wedges, where there are so many brands that are better (Edel, Skor, Scratch, Cleveland).

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Originally Posted by ApocG10

That is a sad, sad statement. Especially when it comes to things like wedges, where there are so many brands that are better (Edel, Skor, Scratch, Cleveland).

I guess I should clarify., Why would name matter if a club feels right?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

I guess I should clarify., Why would name matter if a club feels right?

It doesn't which makes it difficult to clarify something is actually better.

Dave :-)

Say the guy with 4 Titleist Vokeys in his bag I play whatever clubs work for me at the time and agree with Apoc that even if you have a brand preference you should check out other brands from time to time.

Titleist Vokey 52, 56, (or 60 or 64 depending on course)

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Timothy Voyles

clothing is a mix mash of what I can find that fits and is light weight, 99/100 items are bought at Ross. Can't beat $20 or less for good quality golf shirts!

Can't beat Ross, I've gotten some really quality golf shirts there (Nike) and some nice shorts (Ashworth). I also get some good shirts from Tuesday Morning, most of them Ashworth.

When it comes to Motorcycles, I'm a Honda man. You just can't kill 'em.
In handguns, I like Taurus.
Condoms have to be Trojan.
Markers have to be Sharpie.

I can't really think of any other brand loyalty.

On my tombstone: "If this is the worst thing that ever happens to me, I'm doing just fine!"

Brand "Hore?" (Guessing this is a clever or hip spelling of *****) **** -- sure. ***** -- no way. Nobody has even offered to pay me.

That said, I think I am in a non-monotary and monogamous relationship with Mizuno irons. It is true love even if it is one-sided. I don't even want to look at another brand of irons. It is sort of new. Perhaps it will last.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Note: This thread is 4262 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!