IGNORED

Putting Stuff on my Hands

colin007
Note: This thread is 4299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so normally my hands dont sweat, but a few times this year i found myself wishing i had a resin bag or that stickum spray for my hands on exceptionally humid days.  is this allowed?  talcum powder?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why wouldn't this be allowed, you have a towel don't you?  You can dry your hands or grips on a towel so why would using a powder to help keep them dry not be allowed.  It does not give you an competitive advantage.

According to rule 14-3 drying powder/resin is allowed. I don't think the "stickum spray" would be allowed because it would "assist you in gripping the club". But it may be considered resin which is allowed.

I began using a Rain Glove on my left hand in high temps and humidity - works well.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Why wouldn't this be allowed, you have a towel don't you?  You can dry your hands or grips on a towel so why would using a powder to help keep them dry not be allowed.  It does not give you an competitive advantage.

Do you really think i didn't try drying my hands on my towel?

Colin P.

Originally Posted by Motown88

So using a hair dryer is ok?

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I began using a Rain Glove on my left hand in high temps and humidity - works well.

Indeed. I use rain gloves on my both hands when the weather is very 'swetting'. Do not have to worry about my grip.

Originally Posted by Ignorant

As long as it doesn't have an elevation measuring device.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by Ignorant

Really?  Why even make this comment, do you have a hair dryer that works on a golf course?  And better yet, if it's raining would you use a damn hair dryer??

Originally Posted by colin007

Do you really think i didn't try drying my hands on my towel?

I believe he was only using the fact that you have a towel as an example to why you should be able to use powder with no issues.  He was not calling you out!

Driver: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 9.5*

Woods: CALLAWAY Diablo Octane 15*

Hybrid: CALLAWAY Diablo Edge 21*

Irons: CLEVELAND TA7 3-PW

Wedges: CLEVELAND 588 51*, 56*, and (60* on standby)

Putter: ODYSSEY DFX 1100 mallet

Bag: NIKE Performance Carry (Lime green/Grey)

Ball: NIKE One Tour D

Note: This thread is 4299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!