IGNORED

My Swing (mchepp)

mchepp

Those swings look much improved Mike.

So most shots are pull hooking, irons and driver?

On the swings that you feel like you did a good job of thrusting/extending, do they still pull hook?

BIG pull hooks. Like 10-15 yards off line. Usually with the long irons 4-5-6, but can creep into the lower ones. 3 wood and driver both do the same. I am wondering if my right shoulder is too high causing me to straighten the right arm too fast and close down the face. It is the only thing I can see.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

BIG pull hooks. Like 10-15 yards off line. Usually with the long irons 4-5-6, but can creep into the lower ones. 3 wood and driver both do the same. I am wondering if my right shoulder is too high causing me to straighten the right arm too fast and close down the face. It is the only thing I can see.

Nah. Your head drifts back a bit and you're probably not quite as open as you should be. Forward, up, and left. More explosive.

It's looking good though. Short term, obviously, just point the face a bit farther right at setup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Still workin on extension. Better here. Recently been hitting more push fades. Some really big pushes. Not totally sure why. The iron play has dropped a little but still much better than a year or so ago.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Been struggling a bit lately, but here is the swing nonetheless. Struggling with consistent contact. Ball flies pretty straight, but fat, thin, of the heel, etc.

Michael

• Administrator

I think these are the types of pictures that have to start changing (and as you know changing these will change the things just before them):

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

An example of feel isn't real. The swing on the left I really felt like I was doing a better job at extension. Versus the swing on the right from 4 months ago I can't even tell the difference. Just have to keep working at it. :cry:

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on extension. Baby steps on this one.

70% swing on the left and the real one on the right. I am pretty close with the swing on the left.

Michael

• Administrator

Feel free to let that head rotate through a little earlier.

But it's looking pretty good Michael!

Feel free to let that head rotate through a little earlier.

Still working on extension but I also had the above thought for today. Seemed to help with a few things that I had wanted to do later. This is only 70% but it is progress.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

These are some images from full swings at 100%. The progress of rotating the head appears to be moving into the full swing nicely.

A nice side benefit is the shoulders are less steep at A8

Michael

Still working out the extension piece. There is progress. Painfully slow, but progress.

Michael

Lots of good pieces in there Mike, one thing I would suggest to help with the extension is feeling both knees/thighs come together into the followthrough. You're basically going to start feeling this around A6, almost like there is a water balloon between your thighs and you want to pop the balloon.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 4 weeks later...

Extension is the name of the game. Getting better. I think I have slipped a bit on the head rotating forward part. Need to keep working on that.

Michael

• Administrator

Extension is the name of the game. Getting better. I think I have slipped a bit on the head rotating forward part. Need to keep working on that.

Yep. But keep on trucking. You're doing well.

• 1 month later...

Update swing using my iPhone 6 for video. I am impressed with the iPhone video. The FOV is troublesome so I need to shoot vertical video. I can fix it in analyzr but for youtube this is what you get.

Michael

• 1 month later...

New swing. Not much to say other than I continue to work on the same things and progress remains slow.

Michael