IGNORED

My Swing (mchepp)

mchepp

Some more swings from today.

Still struggling with letting my head move backwards.

Green dot is A1

Blue is A4

Orange is A6

Red is A7

Yellow is A8

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Still struggling with letting my head move backwards.

I wouldn't worry about it much.

The URC is near the top of your sternum. Consider that it is a lot closer to whatever your "swing center" would be if there was one swing center in the golf swing… and if your hips go forward, and your URC stays pretty stable… your head - which is "above" the URC - will go backward a bit.

Right? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

Looks good!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am making progress with my extension piece. New one on the left and old one on the right.

Michael

• Administrator

New one on the left and old one on the right.

That's not how you do it!?!! :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Really nice @mchepp !

Always before on the left and after on the right.....otherwise you're out of the circle.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 1 month later...

Still working on the same thing. I seem to conquer it during some sessions and lose it during other. Just isn't second nature yet. If it is the only thing I think about it can look good. Today I tried to work on increasing my shoulder turn. Interestingly I unknowingly started to lift my left foot on the backswing. Doesn't seem like a big deal so I am not worried about it.

Michael

• 2 months later...

Swing thought today was try and jump out of my shoes to get extension from A4.

Michael

Working on the same thing. I am trying so hard to get extension you can see me even get the foot off the ground. It is getting closer.

Michael

Working on the same thing. I am trying so hard to get extension you can see me even get the foot off the ground. It is getting closer.

I like some of the stuff you are doing. How are you hitting it? Not sure if you're working with an instructor but I'll share my thoughts anyway ;-)

Couple things I'd like to see.

- Narrow the stance slightly.

- "Bend" the left hip down more on the backswing. Hips are drifting right, head is raising and the inside of the right foot is rolling back. Basically I'd like to get the pressure in the feet get a bit more balanced in order for you to get the weight forward without tipping the head and for you to push off the ground more efficiently.

You can still feel like you make a big shoulder turn and I'm fine with the left heel raising but getting that left hip to bend down more as you pivot from 1-4 is going to line things up better for the downswing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• 3 months later...

So, for this fall and early part of the winter I have been working on my putting stroke. So far the results are mixed. I started out bringing the putter WAY outside the line and then readjusting by opening the face just before impact. I have been working on trying to create an arc towards the inside on the backswing and the results on video have been looking better. On the course I am thinking too much causing my speed to be WAY off. Still working on taking the practice to the course.

I also let my head start watching the ball right away which I am trying to stop also.

Michael

• Administrator

So, for this fall and early part of the winter I have been working on my putting stroke. So far the results are mixed. I started out bringing the putter WAY outside the line and then readjusting by opening the face just before impact. I have been working on trying to create an arc towards the inside on the backswing and the results on video have been looking better. On the course I am thinking too much causing my speed to be WAY off. Still working on taking the practice to the course.

Looks a lot better. Time to start looking at this?

Analyzr_Image_Export.thumb.jpg.930a8478a

• 5 months later...

In sort of a regression pattern now. The lower body is looking quite awful. I am still hitting it pretty well, but the lower body action needs much more work.

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 4.36.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 4.45.36 PM.png

Michael

• 4 months later...

Latest swing sequence. Ball striking has been pretty good. I still struggle in the same area with respect to extension so I will keep working at it.

swing.jpg

Michael