IGNORED

How often do you replace your glove?

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my current glove has probably 30 rounds on it - it was once nice and white.     Fingers are now completely black, top has permanent sweat marks - I"ve been playing so much lately, it never gets a chance to dry out.    Pretty gross looking actually.     Fits like an old comfy pair of tennis shoes though.     My 8 year old niece went so far as to say I need a new glove last time I took her to the par 3 course .... I told her it was just getting broken in.      Don't think she bought it ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Prob about every 12 rounds or so. Rotate to the bag where I keep a couple of backups.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've got 4 gloves that I rotate when I play. They usually develop holes after a few months.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I usually buy a good synthetic glove and wear it until it rips. Recently, I bought a couple of Calloway synthetic gloves and they were slipping like crazy. Seems like they dusted the insides with cornstarch or something else to make them easy to try on. When the sweat from your hands combines with this cornstarch, you hand slips inside the glove - something I could not figure out at first. The solution was to simply throw them in the washing machine, and now they are fine. Don't know if other manfacturers do this, but it is something every glove-wearer should be aware of.

Originally Posted by Jimbo Slice

I replace my glove ever 20 rounds. Maybe I should replace it sooner? I don't know you decide!............

awesome ... my bro's glove is just about like that.      He gets a glove every year for Christmas - he's bound and determined to make it through the year with that ratty glove - LOL

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I use to be pretty hard on gloves, always figured it was something about my swing and it was. Now I start out with no glove and go until my hands start feeling a bit torn up. I think playing without a glove has helped me a lot. I don't play much anymore so it's a problem with no calluses built up and humidity can be a problem but I'm liking it. Next I'm thinking of going barefoot

Originally Posted by Contango

Where do you get these velcro strips? I've seen many guys at my club doing the same.

I got mine from the old PGA Tour Partners club as a product test.

Originally Posted by Contango

Where do you get these velcro strips? I've seen many guys at my club doing the same.

Before I bought my new bag, I had went to home depot and bought a 2x2 piece of velcro and slapped it on my bag.

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

• 2 weeks later...

I carry more than one in the bag and rotate based on whether or not it feels right on that particular day. Though recently made the switch to the Asher cooltech, great fit and feel but wears quickly. Also have rain gloves and cold weather gloves in the bag.

Dave :-)

Right now I have over 10 rounds of golf on my Footjoy WeatherSof white glove. Aside from minimal wearing on the pad of my thumb/palm area, the glove still looks and feels brand new. It seems to have maintained most of its tackiness as well and I don't think I will need to replace it for another 10 rounds or so if/when wears through and has a hole in it.

This is now my new glove of choice by far. I cannot find anything else that offers the durability, comfort and grip.

Originally Posted by Fozcycle

During the Sweaty summer Months, i wear three or four gloves during a round, so I have a Velcro strip that hangs from my bag to hold the cloves where thay can dry out.

In this manner, I can wear a glove for several months, playing twice a week.

That is clever - I'll have to try it over the summer months here in SoCal.

I've noticed that as my game has improved, and as I grip less tightly and don't ungrip/regrip as much at the top, my gloves are lasting much longer. I used to get a hole around the thumb rather quickly.

But they still get sweaty when it's hot and putting on a dry one once or twice during a round works for me.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Note: This thread is 4260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!