IGNORED

What do you have in your bag?

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In addition to the stuff in my signature...

Band Aids, tape, tees, ball markers, divot repair tools, rain jacket (summer), rain suit (spring and fall), rain hat, gamer balls, danger-hole balls, a black and a red Sharpie, line drawing aid, pencil, Frogger towel, tripod for iPhone, keys, phone, wallet. Can you tell I ride?

When using a caddie: six balls and my wallet in a carry bag.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by DufnerDip

From the looks of it, I don't think people are reading the first post anymore that actually started the thread.

I know that in my case it was on purpose because of the way you titled the thread. Just having a little fun, guess you're not a fan of the movie American Graffiti. .

• Upvote 1

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

15* 3 wood, 19* 5 wood and a 21* hybrid.   There is enough difference in the distances of each to justify (at least in my mind) carrying all three.

• Upvote 1

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by teamroper60

15* 3 wood, 19* 5 wood and a 21* hybrid.   There is enough difference in the distances of each to justify (at least in my mind) carrying all three.

I would have trouble carrying a 5 wood. I hit hybrids a lot better and generally hit it far enough to where I don't need a fairway wood after I tee off. So if driver is too long or its pretty narrow, I'll just 3 wood off the tee. I also feel like if I didn't have the 5* gap between my 3 wood and 20* hybrid my distances would be way too close together and would never know what to hit. With my length I think driver, 3 wood, and hybrid are just about perfect for me.

I have a Ping G10 14° 3 wood yardage is around 250-270 max distance was measured at 283

Ping G10 17° 4 wood 220-235

Hybrid 20° 205-215

I would not mind getting a matching 3 iron. I like hitting long irons.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I have a Ping G10 14° 3 wood yardage is around 250-270 max distance was measured at 283

Ping G10 17° 4 wood 220-235

Hybrid 20° 205-215

I would not mind getting a matching 3 iron. I like hitting long irons.

I think thats why I have one wood and 1 hybrid. Long irons are my favorite thing in the world.

No hybrids for me. I love my long irons. 3 iron is 230 yards on normal day. I have muscled it to 250 on occasion. I can move the ball around at will. Just don't see a need for change. Guess I'm old school.

Just out of curiosity, what are your distances with these 4 clubs? I've always wondered about 2 hybrids in the bag but could never bring myself to get rid of my 3 and 4 irons. I think I'm in love with the long iron shots theres just something about them for me.

The 3 wood goes about 235 in the air. The 2 hybrid is about 220 in the air. The 3 hybrid is about 210 and 4 iron goes about 195.

• Upvote 1

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

The 3 wood goes about 235 in the air. The 2 hybrid is about 220 in the air. The 3 hybrid is about 210 and 4 iron goes about 195.

Those gaps are just about perfect

Originally Posted by Pugidogs

No hybrids for me. I love my long irons. 3 iron is 230 yards on normal day. I have muscled it to 250 on occasion. I can move the ball around at will. Just don't see a need for change. Guess I'm old school.

My ball moves around at will, too.  Just not my will...

I think thats why I have one wood and 1 hybrid. Long irons are my favorite thing in the world.

The set in your sig, are they 3˚ weak or is it a whole bunch of typos? Not mocking you, just curious. The lofts read like a 4-GW set.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by LuciusWooding

The set in your sig, are they 3˚ weak or is it a whole bunch of typos? Not mocking you, just curious. The lofts read like a 4-GW set.

I like the Taylormade MB and generally blades come 3-PW. I have a 20* hybrid so I didn't want my 3 iron to be the same thing as my hybrid. Also if I bought this same set and left it as is, the 3 iron would go to waste and I would have to invest in another wedge which I don't want to do because they're way too expensive as it is. I also only like using the Vokey wedges as my sand wedge and lob wedge, I like the PW and GW better for what they're designed to do that come with the sets. It is also free to get the lofts bent to certain degrees so I went ahead and got them customized. Also, I rely on my distance in golf so now that these lofts are bent back, (they're really the same as what they were back in the 60's before everything was about distance, my yardages are down to normal numbers.

just personal preference and what works for me. thats why i put the lofts in my sig cause i think its a little different and will give people ideas on what they could do with their clubs. I never liked the gap wedge idea i think I'm kinda old school

I would have trouble carrying a 5 wood. I hit hybrids a lot better and generally hit it far enough to where I don't need a fairway wood after I tee off. So if driver is too long or its pretty narrow, I'll just 3 wood off the tee. I also feel like if I didn't have the 5* gap between my 3 wood and 20* hybrid my distances would be way too close together and would never know what to hit. With my length I think driver, 3 wood, and hybrid are just about perfect for me.

Your choice is probably more in line with others than mine is but like I said, the distance differences between the 3w and the 5w and between the 5w and the hybrid are enough that I like having all of them.   Honestly, if I had to dump one of them, it would be the 3w.   Typically, I use it once a round on my home course (tee shot on 13).   At the same course, there are a couple of holes where the 3w is too long but the 5w is will leave me sitting pretty and another couple where the 5w is too much but the hybrid is just right.    But since I am only carrying 13 clubs right now, I can bring them all..

• Upvote 1

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

I like the Taylormade MB and generally blades come 3-PW. I have a 20* hybrid so I didn't want my 3 iron to be the same thing as my hybrid. Also if I bought this same set and left it as is, the 3 iron would go to waste and I would have to invest in another wedge which I don't want to do because they're way too expensive as it is. I also only like using the Vokey wedges as my sand wedge and lob wedge, I like the PW and GW better for what they're designed to do that come with the sets. It is also free to get the lofts bent to certain degrees so I went ahead and got them customized. Also, I rely on my distance in golf so now that these lofts are bent back, (they're really the same as what they were back in the 60's before everything was about distance, my yardages are down to normal numbers.

just personal preference and what works for me. thats why i put the lofts in my sig cause i think its a little different and will give people ideas on what they could do with their clubs. I never liked the gap wedge idea i think I'm kinda old school

I'm surprised TM doesn't sell them in 4-GW as well. Usually 3-PW is getting harder to find even in the players market. And I do wish the lofts weren't so strong these days but 21-47˚ for 3-PW is pretty doable. As long as the lofts are gapped properly and aren't ridiculously low (like a 17.5˚ 3 iron in the RBZs that they expect you to hit off the ground), I don't really care about the number stamped on it.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Actually most players clubs come with the 3-pw set with the mindset that If ur buying this set u can hit a 3 iron. But I don't like that the 3 and my hybrid would be almost identical and the huge gap between sand and pitch

15* 3w 18* hybrid or 5w 22* hybrid 4i Soon to introduce a 16.5* 4w.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by LBlack14

15* 3w

18* hybrid or 5w

22* hybrid

4i

Soon to introduce a 16.5* 4w.

what are your gaps witht these clubs?

seems like they would be clustered with so many lofts within a 7* difference..

do you play all these at the same time and are you going to use the 3w, 4w, and 5w/2 hybrid, 3 hybrid?

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!