IGNORED

CEO of Cleveland/Srixon Golf Greg Hopkins Resigns

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hideki Sano will be named Chairman of the company, effective January 1, 2013. Sano joined the Sumitomo Group in 1977 after earning a Master’s degree in Engineering from Osaka University, in Japan. Sano worked his way up the ranks of the Dunlop Sports division, being named Executive Officer of Production Engineering in 2004 and was invited to become a member of the Board of Directors in 2007. Based in Kobe, his most recent role was traveling the world as Executive Director of R&D;, Production, Purchasing and Logistics, as well as maintaining his membership on the Board.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's actually uglier than some of the recent Callaway irons sets.  Don't club designers ask for outside opinion before they bring a product to market?

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

Cleveland made possibly the worst iron ever created in the modern era of golf back in the 1990s.....

LOL......does anyone remember these?    Hideous....................

Joe Paradiso

Don't feel sorry for CEOs.  They make a lot of money for the little benefit they really give a Corporation.  The CEO of the company I work for (very big company) is a complete dolt and somehow we still make money.  If you thought of their salary as a capital investment, the ROR would be negative.

Cleveland makes good products, but I think they would succeed better if they kept to their niche and stop trying to compete with the vast array of clubs that the larger firms have.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

That's more applicable for CEO's that are brought in from the outside and take over from the original founder / CEO.  It's difficult to come into a new business as CEO and deal with the existing corporate culture and board of directors and right the ship after it's gone off course.

I doubt Apple will have the same success without Jobs there, but at least Apple was smart and promoted from within.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Don't feel sorry for CEOs.  They make a lot of money for the little benefit they really give a Corporation.  The CEO of the company I work for (very big company) is a complete dolt and somehow we still make money.  If you thought of their salary as a capital investment, the ROR would be negative.

Joe Paradiso

Cleveland has been suffering at retail.  The CEO is typically the first to go after multiple rounds of layoffs (which Cleveland already went through) - and still failing to return a profit.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Cleveland has been suffering at retail.  The CEO is typically the first to go after multiple rounds of layoffs (which Cleveland already went through) - and still failing to return a profit.

They certainly haven't capitalized on their good products. They missed the mark with the new 588s for example. Great blades and possibly the most attractive forged cavity backs on the market, but available exactly where? And the wedges - if I want a classic 588 style wedge, I'll buy one off ebay or I'll pick up a Scratch, Cobra, or something like that. The forged 588s are stamped like Vokey wannabes,  which is so ironic it's sad.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4231 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!