IGNORED

SoCal Golfers

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hello Socal golfers.... just joined the group.  Living in the OC by the beach.

I like the pic you use for the group (Monarch Beach hole number 3), as that is the course i usually play at!!

too bad a cut my thumb pretty good so i havent played for a couple weeks :(  bummer... should be able to start hitting balls next week though.

I didn't have any luck with RSJ Sunday morning either. The time was perfect for me, too bad the time slot was full. Maybe we could set up something regular for early Sunday mornings in the future as well. More centralized might get us more takers next time. I have never played Diamond Bar before, but the rates look pretty reasonable at $33 walk 18 and $46 with a cart. Any other suggestions for a more central location? Maybe sometime we can make a trip to San Diego to visit Mike?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ok we should plan a tourney or something in the next couple of weeks if anyone has connections let me know id love to play in one! sunday mornings work for me too!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

Originally Posted by Pakoh

hello Socal golfers.... just joined the group.  Living in the OC by the beach.

I like the pic you use for the group (Monarch Beach hole number 3), as that is the course i usually play at!!

too bad a cut my thumb pretty good so i havent played for a couple weeks :(  bummer... should be able to start hitting balls next week though.

Ha!  yeah that 3rd hole is pretty - and thought it was perfect to 'barrow' for the Socal Golf group photo.

ok we should plan a tourney or something in the next couple of weeks if anyone has connections let me know id love to play in one! sunday mornings work for me too!

If you plan it we will join :-) I would like something more centralized, like Diamond Bar (which i have not played), because I need to get back before 2:00pm in Pasadena. If we compete it should be to our listed handicaps. No sandbagging, please. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

Quote:

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

If you plan it we will join

I would like something more centralized, like Diamond Bar (which i have not played), because I need to get back before 2:00pm in Pasadena.

If we compete it should be to our listed handicaps. No sandbagging, please.

well everyone let me know and well schedule a 8 man or 10 man tourney on a sunday. ive never played diamond bar either what about Fullerton Golf course. its about 54 a person with a cart.

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

send me your handicaps....info. and if we can all play on a particular sunday and you guys decide what would be a decent buy in. payout, if we want to play greenies, ctp, etc.

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

alright fellas so whats the word on when we can play? which sunday works and whos all in so we can book a tee time or meet up somehwere and collect greens fees

reply to this thread if interested with a sunday and time that works for you

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

I cut my thumb bad (nerve and partial tendon) so i havent hit a ball in 3 weeks... but its healing up well so i am almost ready to start playing again.

Coyote Hills looked pretty nice, never played there.  I want to try that course out sometime...

Sorry to join late. I have been playing most sundays at my home course of navy. I have been inactive here lately and with my handicap. I was a 14 a few months ago but havent played quite as much. I would love to do a so cal outting somewhere decently priced. And I also play navy sundays at 1 (earliest twilight around) and usually just walk on. Already have a group planned for this weekend but any following weekends Id be more than happy to join or have someone come play navy with me. Its a tough fun course. Last weekend I was there there was an air show going on litterally right next to me on holes 16 17 and 18.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

So here is the plan if you guys wnat to and the OP approves. Fullerton Golf Course on Sunday at 7 am sometime in december. get anywhere from 6-10 guys to play so that it can be a tourny style play. reply to the thread if interested and we will get it set up.

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

So here is the plan if you guys wnat to and the OP approves. Fullerton Golf Course on Sunday at 7 am sometime in december. get anywhere from 6-10 guys to play so that it can be a tourny style play. reply to the thread if interested and we will get it set up.

I dont want to be picky but if I may say so I am really not a fan of fullerton. If thats what everybody else decides thats fine I will go with it but we have so many good courses in so cal why go with a par 68 thats ehh.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Sunday 7am tee times are best for me too.  The only Sunday in December that I am not already booked, however, is the 16th (tournament at Talega the 2nd, and out of town the 9th and 23rd) so I may miss you guys next month.

But if this works out and we can turn it into a regular or semi-regular thing (maybe every two or three months) I will definitely make it for some of them.

How bout Mile Square Golf course? pretty middle of the road, and the greens are usually kept well...

7am is earlier then i wake up usually... how bout 9am?

Sounds good, could I take my son and a friend?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Fullerton was just a suggestion. we could do mile square or even RSJ if anyone is interested. the more the better. I just need to know a couple days before so we can figure out the tourny setup. if 7 am is too early let me know that would just give us all the best opportunity to finish around 1230 or 1 and have time for our families if need be.

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!