IGNORED

Which golf balls do you use?

Note: This thread is 2453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Callaway Hex Black Tour. I have never been a big fan of Callaway, but I got some of these balls when Ernie Els won the Open Championship and Callaway had a big discount.  LOVE 'EM!  I would com

Yes, good ball also, basically the same type as the Qstar and comes optic as well but I think they are a little bit more money but they do produce a little more spin and feel.

I always read of amatuers concerns about a particular golf ball not checking up on a green compared to a Pro V1. Yet, when I play golf and watch golfers, there aren't many who can put enough spin on t

Loved the chrome + but at 40$ a box, too expensive. Use to love srixOn z star xv but just switched to tmade lethal. On sale for 30$ just picked up 4 dozen. Should last me a couple rounds

I think you are going to like the new SuperSoft from Callaway folks. At $20 a dozen these guys rock. Lowest compression ball out there built for old guys like me with a 90 mph swing speed. They give extra distance off the tee and irons too and they have a nice soft feel around the greens. Real soft feel off the putter. The only shortcoming I can discern from the ProV1 is that they don't check quite the same meaning it will take a little getting used to chipping distance but other than that, I am in love.

• 2 weeks later...

I've played ... a number of callaway models / Nike XI-X / Wilson Staff FG-Tour/ bridgestone E6 / Pro-V1x / All of the srixons ...

The only ones in my bag now are a handful of XI-X's bc I got them on sale / 2 dozen FG-Tours (really like these!) / 1 dzn pro-v1x's (cant go wrong)

Been gaming the Bridgestone e6 and Maxfli U4x's

Just got a dozen each of the Bridgestone B330RX & RXS.........they are definitely a terrific ball for one with a slower swing speed ....like me. Not sure if I'll continue with them as they are $45/dozen.

I always read of amatuers concerns about a particular golf ball not checking up on a green compared to a Pro V1. Yet, when I play golf and watch golfers, there aren't many who can put enough spin on the ball to check up, or spin back. I just don't know why amatuers would spend the $$$$ on the high end balls when they can't get any more benefits from them than a TopFlite Gamer? At least the Gamer has less side spin then the high enders, and costs 1/4 the price. All this talk of 'action' on the green, and I never see 90% of golfers having any? The best way for high HC'rs to stop the ball on the green is a high approach shot, that's how I do it, and any ball will accomplish that.

• Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great point Billy Z, When I was a 10 Hcp, it made a lot of difference. Now 15 yrs after my wrist injury, I am a 15 to 19 Hcp so I a more concerned about hitting the green or getting close so I can run a pitch shot, or playing a high Flop over a bunker. I mostly use low comp balls that reduce the driver spin and get me more distance.

• 3 weeks later...
Recently tried the new Callaway Super Soft. I really like the feel a lot. For me the driver distance was very good and the feel off my Wilson FG V2 forged irons is great. I really like the soft impact off the putter too. I use an old Ping Anser 2 - no insert. For $18.99 at my local golf shop they are probably going to be my new everyday balls.

Recently tried the new Callaway Super Soft. I really like the feel a lot. For me the driver distance was very good and the feel off my Wilson FG V2 forged irons is great. I really like the soft impact off the putter too. I use an old Ping Anser 2 - no insert. For $18.99 at my local golf shop they are probably going to be my new everyday balls.

I found one last week.....looks like a one hit wonder....no marks on it.  Will probably try it out soon. You are right smebiker, at $19/dozen they will be a terrific deal.

I think I've tried every golf ball available at one time or another. I've worked in a pro-shop and had access to all kinds, hard, soft, cheap and expensive. I like the cheaper titleist balls from the DT so lo to the nxt in different versions. The velocity is one of the hottest balls I believe made and for the money is pretty good.

Recently I've tried the Callaway supersoft and find it to be straight and relatively long, good ball for the money. Right now, if I had to pick one ball to play in tournament play it would be the Callaway Hex Chrome, I just started using these about a month ago and really like them for a medium priced ball.

I have been amazed to watch high handicappers continually buy Pro V1 at their cost. It is a good ball but probably 80% of the people playing them shouldn't be at any cost.

I was recently chosen by TST to test out the 2014 Bridgestone B330 line with Hydrocore. I received the B330RXS based on my specs and they turned out to be fantastic golf balls. The RSX is engineered for swing speeds of less than 105 mph. They performed great for distance (all clubs), spin, durability and soft feel. I highly recommend this ball.

Note: This thread is 2453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!