• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mvmac

The story behind the "Arnold Palmer" drink

10 posts in this topic

An ESPN video that explores the history of the "The Arnold Palmer," the lemonade-and-iced tea beverage that has become a piece of Americana.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8685795

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I watched this a few days ago, funny stuff.  I'm always buying Arizona Arnold Palmer products.  I usually take the bottled water mix packets when I play a round.

Quick question about the Arizona band stuff: has anyone ever seen a non-"lite" version of Arnold Palmer? All I can ever find is the half-calorie stuff, which is fine but I've just always been curious.

They have a non-lite version, a zero calorie version and a few special flavored (strawberry, pink lemonade) versions.  There's not much difference between the regular and half calorie versions, but the zero calorie has a diet drink taste to it imo.

Originally Posted by jamo

Quick question about the Arizona band stuff: has anyone ever seen a non-"lite" version of Arnold Palmer? All I can ever find is the half-calorie stuff, which is fine but I've just always been curious.

I like the 0-cal AZ AP but I am a Coke Zero guy so used to the chemicals. Nasty stuff but I must have it.

I prefer my Arnold Palmer with a good dash of Firefly mixed in. I think that's called a John Daly right?

Pretty sure Daly would skip the training wheels and go for the straight booze. Though he claims to be sober last I heard.

Here in Orlando I can assure you, everyone knows what an Arnold Palmer is. I've ordered it in dozens of places.

Heh, I like how Fred Funk said a college should be named after him - Funk U.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

They have a non-lite version, a zero calorie version and a few special flavored (strawberry, pink lemonade) versions.  There's not much difference between the regular and half calorie versions, but the zero calorie has a diet drink taste to it imo.

I am beginning to think I am addicted to the lite version!  LOL  My wife buys it in cases for me..       I seriously dislike the zero cal version.  That stuff has a seriously funky taste!   Haven't ever seen the non-lite....