IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Spring 2013 Outing - Discussion

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by iacas

Thanks. And you do know I was not even close to serious about any disc golf comments I've made. I may or may not even bring some out.

The timing is going to be odd here, but it may work out for me. Depends on when and where we're doing some 5SK training schools and when/where I may or may not go to Florida for Level I PGA stuff.

Yeah, I know... I was just playing along. Hopefully it works out to where you can get out and join us... that'd be pretty nice.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just an update, the Tournament Director for Morongo got back to me and offered us $50 per person with tee times starting at 8am on April 7th.  I think that's pretty good.  Will let you guys know when other prices come in.

Here's the link to Morongo

www.tukwetcanyon.com

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Just an update, the Tournament Director for Morongo got back to me and offered us $50 per person with tee times starting at 8am on April 7th.  I think that's pretty good.  Will let you guys know when other prices come in.

www.tukwetcanyon.com

It's going to be a long day anyway ... but I really like the idea of starting early like that.  Heck, I'd be up for 7am tee times if I thought the rest of you wouldn't tar and feather me. ;)

www.tukwetcanyon.com

That sounds pretty good to me... did he mention if it was the Champions or Legends course?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

That sounds pretty good to me... did he mention if it was the Champions or Legends course?

Didn't say, what course do you think is best?

Mike McLoughlin

Didn't say, what course do you think is best?

I've only played the Champions. Good course... but from what I've heard, so is the Legends... I don't think we can go wrong either way, just was curious.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I've only played the Champions. Good course... but from what I've heard, so is the Legends... I don't think we can go wrong either way, just was curious.

Just from the website, they both look pretty nice.  Assuming we play the second from back tees, I think the Legends is easier cuz it's shorter ... 6803 yards instead of 6804. ;)

Seriously though, on paper they both look pretty similar.

If anybody wants to look at it a different way, go here: http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel13/event/thegolfchannel13149/index.htm

Down the page towards the left hand side you can find a "course tour" that shows each hole in google maps.  There is a fun feature on there ... if you just click two points on a hole, it will give you the yardage. :)

Morongo just offered our group 15% off all food for the day.  As of right now both courses are available.

Mike McLoughlin

Tomorrow, I figure I'll confirm April 7th with Morongo unless anyone has objections or wants me to check in with one of the other courses.

Mike McLoughlin

Hey guys me and my son are still in, as long as you dont mind a couple of hackers...ha-ha.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

• Administrator

Plane tickets for me are currently in the "Ambivalent Zone".

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7th is my B-day and I'm feeling very lucky about this event!!!!!

I might take my friend with me but will confirm soon....

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

Tomorrow, I figure I'll confirm April 7th with Morongo unless anyone has objections or wants me to check in with one of the other courses.

Sounds good to me!

Awesome!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awesome!

I'll reserve my "awesome" comment until his tickets get moved into the "enthusiastic zone." :)

YOu all are to funny look forward to meeting you all.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

• Administrator

I'll take up a collection. :) I wasn't factoring in parking at the airport in Buffalo. :D So now I just want to leave from Erie...

When is the best time too book said ticket? Now? A week out? A month out?

Erie to San Diego, April 4 to April 8. Anyone have any tips? Airline miles about to expire? Something? :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll take up a collection. :) I wasn't factoring in parking at the airport in Buffalo. :D So now I just want to leave from Erie...

When is the best time too book said ticket? Now? A week out? A month out?

Erie to San Diego, April 4 to April 8. Anyone have any tips? Airline miles about to expire? Something? :D

We come to New York once or twice every year and are always looking for deals/tips on airline tickets.  It always seemed to me that booking earlier was best, but I really have no idea.  (We're kinda hamstrung because one of our trips is always Thanksgiving - not a lot of "hot deals" then )  I've read a silly thing on Yahoo once (no idea how accurate it is - its Yahoo after all) that said the best time to book airline tickets is on Tuesdays.  Flying on Tuesdays is also cheaper usually.  Expedia has Thursday-Monday at $520 ish right now, if you went Tues-Tues is't $100 less.  (And only 300 more for hotel :))

EDIT:  Amtrak is only $550 for a 3-day trip each way???

Man that is messed up you might as well give him a bus rate also!!!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Note: This thread is 3998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!