IGNORED

How to handle slow players?

schalk
Note: This thread is 4082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

I completely understand. I have no issue getting up at 5:45am for a 7:00am tee time. I also love being the first group out in the morning. But considering groups are going to be teeing off #10 up until 9:30am, playing quickly through the front 9 does me no good. I still have to wait until all groups have begun their round off #10, before I can make my turn and play the back 9. The only reward for teeing off first and playing the front in 2 hours gets you, is a longer break at the halfway house.

I understand your pain.......

To be honest, I would never choose a home course that does what I call "the wave". (where they send people off both sides)  There is a course near me that does this on weekend mornings, and I refuse to play there.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I understand your pain....... To be honest, I would never choose a home course that does what I call "the wave". (where they send people off both sides)  There is a course near me that does this on weekend mornings, and I refuse to play there.

It's just the nature of the beast in this area. 100 golf courses in a 30 mile radius, and they all book their tee-times like that. It's a resort beach town. The morning tee-times are premium. They charge more for them as well. And the easy way to double the number or morning premium tee-times is to start groups off both #1 and #10 for the first 2 1/2 hours, then send no one out for 2 1/2 hours. Then they repeat the procedure for the afternoon.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

I understand your pain.......

To be honest, I would never choose a home course that does what I call "the wave".  (where they send people off both sides)  There is a course near me that does this on weekend mornings, and I refuse to play there.

And many of us would leave our private course if they didnt do it.

Those of us that work pay the bug bucks for our guaranteed 8am tee time on Saturday mornings - take away the double tee times from 7:30-9:30 and you have now pissed off half of the weekend morning players.

A 3:45 - 4:15 round is a small price to pay. Besides, this is supposed to be a social game too - I would never even bother going to the course if I absolutely had to be somewhere less than 5 hours after my tee time.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I've played many rounds in Myrtle Beach in around 4 hrs.  It's all about what courses you choose, what time of day, and what time of year.  I played World Tour in 3:40 a couple months ago.  A really enjoyable round.  Aberdeen Country Club in under 4 hrs. (I think we were the only golfers on that side of the course though).  I have had a couple 6 hour rounds down there that I will not go back and play those clubs again.  I believe Traditions was one of them.  Wild Wing typically is between 4 and 4:30 when I play there.  The most painful rounds are always at Waterway Hills for me.

Here at my home course, it's a tale of 2 rounds.  I played one day at a miserable pace of play (we thought) and finished at 4:20.  It really wasn't as slow as we thought.  But when you've got a 75 year old man playing in your group walking, and he's faster than the guys in the cart in front of us, it becomes annoying.  The next day, we played a relaxing pace on a fairly empty course in 3:40 with the same group.  We had a full hole open in front of us, and a full hole open behind us all day and maintained that spacing all day.  While the round total times were only 40 minutes apart, the 2nd day was so much more enjoyable.  Sometimes you just hit that perfect pace with the groups around you and have a great round.

I'm jealous....Myrtle, it must be nice!!  Our high temp today was around 25..........LOL

If I lived in that area, I guarantee I'd have an annual membership at a nice course near me where I can get good tee times all year.   I'd be golfing it up big-time

What's in Paul's Bag:

Originally Posted by meenman

And many of us would leave our private course if they didnt do it.

Those of us that work pay the bug bucks for our guaranteed 8am tee time on Saturday mornings - take away the double tee times from 7:30-9:30 and you have now pissed off half of the weekend morning players.

A 3:45 - 4:15 round is a small price to pay. Besides, this is supposed to be a social game too - I would never even bother going to the course if I absolutely had to be somewhere less than 5 hours after my tee time.

enjoy!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

I've played many rounds in Myrtle Beach in around 4 hrs.  It's all about what courses you choose, what time of day, and what time of year.  I played World Tour in 3:40 a couple months ago.  A really enjoyable round.  Aberdeen Country Club in under 4 hrs. (I think we were the only golfers on that side of the course though).  I have had a couple 6 hour rounds down there that I will not go back and play those clubs again.  I believe Traditions was one of them.  Wild Wing typically is between 4 and 4:30 when I play there.  The most painful rounds are always at Waterway Hills for me. Here at my home course, it's a tale of 2 rounds.  I played one day at a miserable pace of play (we thought) and finished at 4:20.  It really wasn't as slow as we thought.  But when you've got a 75 year old man playing in your group walking, and he's faster than the guys in the cart in front of us, it becomes annoying.  The next day, we played a relaxing pace on a fairly empty course in 3:40 with the same group.  We had a full hole open in front of us, and a full hole open behind us all day and maintained that spacing all day.  While the round total times were only 40 minutes apart, the 2nd day was so much more enjoyable.  Sometimes you just hit that perfect pace with the groups around you and have a great round.

I played Aberdeen a few weeks back, on your suggestion actually, and we were waiting behind groups all day. Even after a slow foursome let us play through. Well over 4 hours. World Tour is a 4 minute ride from my house. Actually the closest course to me. And you can usually get in a round in under 4 hours there (in off-season) because they stick with 10 minute tee-time intervals. They still double tee (sending players off the Championship 9 and the Open 9 while reserving the International 9 for replays) but the gap in the tee-time intervals lessens backup around the course. Also, they charge you for the convenience. Their rates are always higher than most in the area....aside from Barefoot.

Note: This thread is 4082 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!