Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Contact Lens users - how do you deal with ill fitting, squishy lens?

10 posts in this topic

Sometimes a lens in one eye, no matter how many times I remove and put it back on and use drops, it distorts when I blink or distorts at an inopportune time, like when I'm about to swing or putt.

Any tips on how to deal with this? I use disposables - 2 week and daily. Slight astigmatism in one eye.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Originally Posted by nevets88

Sometimes a lens in one eye, no matter how many times I remove and put it back on and use drops, it distorts when I blink or distorts at an inopportune time, like when I'm about to swing or putt.

Any tips on how to deal with this? I use disposables - 2 week and daily. Slight astigmatism in one eye.

I have 2 week disposables that I use for a month with no problem. I have an astigmatism as well, but I have a specially fitted lens for that eye. It costs a little more but It works fine.

I have 2 week disposables that I use for a month with no problem. I have an astigmatism as well, but I have a specially fitted lens for that eye. It costs a little more but It works fine.

This EXACTLY describes me too. If you get a bad disposable, just throw it away. They're so cheap that I wouldn't mess with it. If you're constantly having a problem, I'd have your optometrist check the ft.....

Sometimes you really got to try different brands, and sizes to find the right one. I tried Acuvue for a while, and then went to Dailies brand and really improved alot of things.

Originally Posted by nevets88

I have astigmatism in my left eye. My doctor recommended the Acuvue Oasis as its supposed to help with that.  I had the exact problem that you are describing.  The dang things were always moving around and made it very uncomfortable, not to mention hard to see.

I have since went back to the Acuvue 2's and have no problems at all.  I have tried about every contact brand out there and always find my way back to the Acuvue 2.

Small world... wearing lenses for 25 years and recently diagnosed with that slight astigmatism in left eye. Special lens moved... went back to regular lens. Ignorance is bliss... it's a hair blurry but I'm right eye dominant...

never had any problems with any brand.

are you sure your not putting the lens flipped the wrong way ? they do have a shape and are not reversable.

do you wear them too much ? 10-12 hours is recommended max, especially if your eyes dont tear a lot.

Thanks to all for the advice. Just got an exam so will use prescription to order different lenses. The trial lenses the doctor gave me were Acuevue, will order different brands.

I've been using lenses for awhile so I'm pretty good with not getting the lens on wrong (unless lenses put on the wrong side don't feel funny anymore) and this problem just recently happens more frequently. Maybe the stigmatism is starting to get worse.

RK surgery 9 years ago.  Best $2k I ever spent.  Hated contact lenses and glasses.  Vision is great and only time I worry about glasses is when reading.

RK surgery 9 years ago.  Best $2k I ever spent.  Hated contact lenses and glasses.  Vision is great and only time I worry about glasses is when reading.

My wife had the surgery a few years ago and wants me to get it done. Definitely the best long term solution...