IGNORED

Get rid of the d@mn blimp and use this

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Retrofit this for all sorts of cameras on the broadcast. Cranes and blimps seem so outdated. But golf telecasts are as a whole are pretty retrograde in my opinion.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never happen. The blimp is an excuse for CBS/NBC to hit us with one more spot of advertising. "and these images today coming from snoopy 2, and metlife insurance, blah, blah some insurance nonsense." Now equip that thing with a giant sign for Metlife to get some advertising time and maybe we have something.

Michael

My little brother has one of those, but a bit larger, it's about 3 feet by 3 feet, has 4 blade thingys and a 360 degree rotatable camera.

Colin P.

Aussie cricket coverage has been using them during the winter, seem to work quite well.

Also, UK tv experimenting with mini cam's in rugby refs shirts, prehaps one of the American networks can ask Stevie to wear one???

It's all about the money.. I personally feel that golf is still run by the good ole boys network that just cant' get out of the 20th century.. Does golf have to be played in a collared shirt and slacks?  Really?  Using outdated media standards is about as bad as outdated attire..  Let the pro and caddies play in anything they want.. Heck even pro bowlers got away from "street clothes".. I would love to see more angles and better views on TV.. I'm so sick of watching the TV angle behind the player making the hole look like it's 3 miles long.. It's a 150 yrd par 3 and what they often show doesn't remotely come close to reality.. My gut still tells that the PGA is going to have a bad wake up call in the next 10 years.. Then what?

Would it be stable enough to use?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 4101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!