IGNORED

My Swing (jbishop15)

jbishop15

On 4/5/2017 at 5:25 PM, jbishop15 said:

Edels are here, and in the bag.

IMG_3409.JPG

IMG_3410.JPG

IMG_3411.JPG

Wow!! Those really look great!  That peaks my interest for sure as I will be looking for an upgrade late this year, early next year as a reward for getting back to single digits...

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, TN94z said:

Wow!! Those really look great!  That peaks my interest for sure as I will be looking for an upgrade late this year, early next year as a reward for getting back to single digits...

They're fantastic. Great off the face, even on mis-hits. Pricey, but definitely high quality.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

The closest I've ever been. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Really like swing right now with my irons. Driver is a little sloppy, but irons feel and look solid.

The work continues.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 8 months later...

Hello everyone! Long time, no forum-ing.

So, quick update: 

I don't get to practice like I want to, anymore. I'm working two jobs, one full time and one part time, and picking up freelance writing work wherever I can. I'm actually writing screenplays professionally, though on a very small scale. But I get paid! I'm a real writer now!!!! 

I'm also in grad school, getting my MFA, which takes up any other remaining free time I usually don't have. 

BUT!!!! I am here with new swing videos. Almost a year since I posted the last ones. My ball striking has never been better, though my scoring has been erratic. 

Hopefully, by posting these swing videos, I'll become more active in the forum again. I've missed being here. 

I'm still working with Frank Gasaway as my instructor. 

DTL 

FO

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 1 year later...

hello friends it’s been a long time. I’ve finished grad school, gotten my MFA, and moved to Charlotte, NC. 

here’s a new swing video:

my life seems to have calmed down, so hopefully I’ll be posting more!!!! 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• Administrator

Playing a little pull fade?

Could make the backswing with the shoulders going down a little bit more, a little steeper. Would help stop that little "dive" at the top that throws the arms out that little bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Playing a little pull fade?

Could make the backswing with the shoulders going down a little bit more, a little steeper. Would help stop that little "dive" at the top that throws the arms out that little bit.

Just a little one, yeah. I’ve been working on shortening my backswing and that’s been a side effect. Distance hasn’t changed much, but I’m almost at the point where I can start working on my preferred push fade.

Good idea on the steeper shoulders! I’ll give that a try.

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

i agree with steeper shoulder plane.  focus on rotating the shoulders on the same plane to keep your spine inclination.  I would then try to work on transition as your first move from the stop seems to be a hard pull down of the club instead of a weight shift

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

• 2 years later...

Well, well, well… hello everyone

It’s been a while. A lot has happened. Since my last visit, I’ve moved from Charlotte, NC to SC and then back to GA. I’ve bought my first house and turned thirty. Most important of all, of course, is that I FINALLY have time to play golf regularly.

anyway here’s my swing. I’m playing off a 4.6 atm

I’m hoping to be active on here once again

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• Administrator

The pause definitely helps out, as you scrub the momentum you have from taking it back so "under."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 5/7/2022 at 10:39 PM, iacas said:

The pause definitely helps out, as you scrub the momentum you have from taking it back so "under."

Yeah, that under-ness doesnt make me very happy. I liked working with the guys at golftec but that wasn’t my favorite of their suggestions. I feel I’ve lost some power, too, though I’ve increased in accuracy 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

Some work to do, but pleased with the progress! This is after about a week of using the tour striker plane mate 

• Like 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

(edited)

Got fit for a titleist tsi3 today. Should be here early next week… after I’ve left for a three week work trip lmao

i hit the taylormade stealth plus, the tsi4, and the tsi3. All good clubs, though I’ll say hitting the tsi4 was terrifying. A bazooka of a club but god knows where it’s going if you mishit it a millimeter

ive never used a titleist driver before, and as embarrassed as I am to say this, I’ve also never used the adjustability of a club outside of changing loft. I recent set my current driver, the rogue sub zero, to 9 degrees of loft with a draw setting (as my miss is a block cut) and it’s completely, completely changed my game. Combine that with the heavier weight in the front of the club and I’m hitting these low bullet fades that fly 285 and roll 310

feels good to be playing good golf 

Edited by jbishop15
  • Like 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

On a work trip, so no videos, but I do have a club and I am doing some mirror work.

Currently focused on four "feels":

1) left hand over right toes/elbow over right ankle when I'm taking the club back

2) right arm on top of left 

3) right shoulder as far away from right ear as possible (an@iacas swing thread feel from way back)

4) my elbows staying closer together

Three and four are closely related, meant to get my right elbow into a "pitch" position instead of the "punch" I've always been in. One and two help keep the club head outside the hands while getting the arms deep. 

I'm seeing good progress. I'm keeping the "right arm on top of left" feel all the way to the top of the backswing. It feels to me like im super steep, but the mirror shows I'm almost in line with the shoulder plane, and any quote-unquote steepness is a result of my right arm being in "punch" position at the top. I'm not sure if my right shoulder is way too stiff for external shoulder rotation or if I'm just not used to it. My guess is the former rather than the later. 

Anyway, on a good path.

Edited by jbishop15
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got to play with the new driver. 

I’ve got the weight slightly in the heel on the TSI3, and it’s working as intended. I’m no longer missing hellaciously right, and my new miss is a low, low hook (I’m guessing bc the face is rotating shut)

i shot 40 with a very bad double bogey and truly horrendous missed part putt from three feet. Ball striking, short game and putting were all pretty good.

I changed my putting grip to an interlock style grip, like I do with my full swing, just with a weak/neutral grip. I used a reverse double overlap for about three years but it had started to go south. The interlock grip makes it easier for me to feel like I’m putting with my left hand only, which is a feel I like.

Game is solid, good things on the horizon

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

• 1 month later...

I've been playing very well. A few rounds in the mid 70s, and some good tournament rounds that were a little bit higher. Every part of my game feels like it's rounding into form.

So, of course, I have injured myself. 

I recovered from a torn abdomen back in May, which was a long, slow, aggravating process. I started feeling some pain in my knee in early June that steadily got worse. I've got an ortho appointment tomorrow, because there's a reasonable chance I've torn my meniscus on my right knee. It's not ideal. 

No golf for me for the time being, which really, really sucks. 

Hunter Bishop

My Bag

An update:

The orthopedic doctor doesn't think I have a torn meniscus, or torn any ligaments, something I'm so grateful for I can't fully express it. He thinks that it has to do with where my IT band connects to one of my leg bones, based off the pain and soreness and where I'm feeling it. He advised 4-6 weeks of physical therapy and some strong anti-inflammatories. If it hasn't improved by the end of those 4-6 weeks, we'll do an MRI.

I'm going to be off golf for at least one or two more weeks. I'll reevaluate next week, see if I can ramp up some. 

This was about as good of news as I could've possibly gotten, so I'm pretty thrilled!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

My Bag