IGNORED

edel putters vs seemore

payne7744
Note: This thread is 3556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here's my experience with both....

I bought the SeeMore FGP Mallet and worked with the RST and it seemed that I was pulling putts consistently.  I wasn't really pulling them, I was aiming my feet left because my previous putter fooled my eyes into thinking I was square to the line, but it was actually open.  I adjusted that over time with my body.  So once I started practicing by lining up my foot line to the intended line, my putts were consistently on the starting line.

And then.........

I got a bonus from work, so I set up a fitting for an Edel putter with David Orr.  I took both my old Taylormade putter and my new SeeMore.  With the changes I had made to my setup because the RST allowed me to setup face square to my stance, I was aimed 8" right with the Taylormade.  When I setup with the SeeMore, I was almost dead on the cup, typically 1/4" to 1/2" left.  I still went through the entire fitting process, but didn't buy the Edel, I just paid for the fitting.

If I would have went for the Edel fitting before I adjusted my setup, the Edel would have been a miracle putter, considering I was 8" off with my old putter.  I really wanted the Edel, but after doing the fitting process and seeing no difference, it was apparent that I would not see an improvement.  With one simple tweak, the SeeMore fit the the way I see straight.

I still think the Edel fitting process is awesome for someone who has a consistent, reliable and repeatable stroke and wants a putter that fits what that individual sees as straight.  The SeeMore just ensures a consistent setup, it doesn't mean that you're aiming where you think you are.

• Upvote 1

Personally i can't stand the seemore putters, i get what there trying to do. But honestly it would drive me nuts to try to block out the red dot all the time, because i know my mind would go crazy trying to make that red dot perfectly disappear. I tend to like simplistic putters, that's why i use the white ice from Odyssey. Its also why i can't stand the new black/white putters they came out with, just ugly.

Though one of these days i will get an Edel fitting, it would be kinda cool to see what my mind thinks is square and how i line up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by saevel25

Personally i can't stand the seemore putters, i get what there trying to do. But honestly it would drive me nuts to try to block out the red dot all the time, because i know my mind would go crazy trying to make that red dot perfectly disappear. I tend to like simplistic putters, that's why i use the white ice from Odyssey. Its also why i can't stand the new black/white putters they came out with, just ugly.

Though one of these days i will get an Edel fitting, it would be kinda cool to see what my mind thinks is square and how i line up.

It's not difficult.

The purpose of the SeeMore System, including the Pat O'Brien instruction, is to get you in a neutral position so you have less compensations.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

After reading all this I would like to look at a fitting and the difference between the two. I have a Metal X Dart very ugly but works great, and believe me I did want to hate it but it produced. Also a SC fastback that I really don't like but just had to have it and us it for certain courses.

I do have a question what does Faldo have to do with Edel and why is his name on everything. I don't care what name is on a club if it works then it works but just a question.

Thanks

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

After reading all this I would like to look at a fitting and the difference between the two. I have a Metal X Dart very ugly but works great, and believe me I did want to hate it but it produced. Also a SC fastback that I really don't like but just had to have it and us it for certain courses.

I do have a question what does Faldo have to do with Edel and why is his name on everything. I don't care what name is on a club if it works then it works but just a question.

Thanks

Edel has started a "Faldo by Edel" line with Faldo's name on some of the clubs. They have a set of irons and a few different putters. However, if you go in and get an Edel fitting, that's not the putter you'll get.

To Clambake:

I'm really considering doing this and by the looks of it the closest Edel fitter to me is the SDGI which I assume is where you went. I was just curious what the turn around time was from when you got fit to getting the putter. I'd ask about the fitting process itself but you pretty much covered all of that.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Okthanks for the information, I think I will be saving up to do this also.

It also looks like there is on in Long Beach not sure if that is any closer to you or not?

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Edel has started a "Faldo by Edel" line with Faldo's name on some of the clubs. They have a set of irons and a few different putters. However, if you go in and get an Edel fitting, that's not the putter you'll get.

To Clambake:

I'm really considering doing this and by the looks of it the closest Edel fitter to me is the SDGI which I assume is where you went. I was just curious what the turn around time was from when you got fit to getting the putter. I'd ask about the fitting process itself but you pretty much covered all of that.

Tristan,

Clambake can give you more info no doubt, but I talked to him about this as well, and as it turns out, I've met one of his fitters from SDGI.  Really nice guy.  Met him at Erik and Dave's Aimpoint clinic last fall. :)

I'm also curious to know the turnaround time. :)

Originally Posted by saevel25

After a couple practice sessions, it disappears.  The red dot is very easy to cover up, and anyone with a decent setup shouldn't have a problem with it after you get used to not concentrating on it all the time.  When you first get it, you do tend to pay too much attention to the RST, but like I said, after a couple practice sessions and the 1st round, you do it without even noticing.

Anyone wanting to see where they're lined up, tape a small piece of mirror to the face of your putter, and check it with a friend and a laser. Since i don't have any friends i had to use the wife.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Anyone wanting to see where they're lined up, tape a small piece of mirror to the face of your putter, and check it with a friend and a laser. Since i don't have any friends i had to use the wife.

You made me spill my drink!!! Too funny

I'm one of few that love practice putting so I'll stop by this weekend to check it out.....

Driver: Mizuno MP-630 10.5* S-Flex

Irons: 4-6 Mizuno JPX 800 S-Flex, 7-P Mizuno MP-58 S-Flex

Wedge: Mizuno MP-10 56*

Putter: Odyssey Black Series Tour Design #2

Ball: Gamer V2, Q-Star, e-6

Originally Posted by colin007

You better talk with your boy Tiger!!

I was going to enjoy watching him this weekend but now I have to go shopping with the wife and that's more painful than 3 putts!

Originally Posted by justtapitin

You better talk with your boy Tiger!!

I was going to enjoy watching him this weekend but now I have to go shopping with the wife and that's more painful than 3 putts!

Sorry, wrong thread.....

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

To Clambake:

Yep, I was fit by Jack and Sheri at SDGI (they worked together on this).     The turnaround time was was couple days over 3 weeks, but I also ordered this right before the start of the PGA Merchandise Show and I know Edel was pretty busy right then.    They quote up to 4 weeks just to be careful, but I'd guess I had about a worst-case turnaround because of the show.

• 1 year later...

I went to the SeeMore headquarters for a fitting today. I was very impressed with the fitting process. He was very thorough in his approach to fit me with the right putter.  He did all the measurements you would expect, but he also had you line up your putt to a cup. He put a laser over the top of the putter pointed at a target he placed behind the hole. I was consistently aiming at the left edge at first, but he gave me a few tips on my ball position. Afterwards, I was consistently lined up at the center of the cup. He had me putt and it rolled on the line.  He adjusted my posture at set up, which helped me make a better stroke.  It was a putting lesson and a fitting in one.  The Edel is a nice putter, but at the end of the day it comes down to which one makes you feel confident and making a consistent stroke every time.  I ended up purchasing the SeeMore PTM3.  It has a milled face and a nice weight. I like the center shaft as well.  Others are right in that you have to consistently be able to aim the putter, and that requires practice.

I went to the SeeMore headquarters for a fitting today. I was very impressed with the fitting process. He was very thorough in his approach to fit me with the right putter.  He did all the measurements you would expect, but he also had you line up your putt to a cup. He put a laser over the top of the putter pointed at a target he placed behind the hole. I was consistently aiming at the left edge at first, but he gave me a few tips on my ball position. Afterwards, I was consistently lined up at the center of the cup. He had me putt and it rolled on the line.  He adjusted my posture at set up, which helped me make a better stroke.  It was a putting lesson and a fitting in one.  The Edel is a nice putter, but at the end of the day it comes down to which one makes you feel confident and making a consistent stroke every time.  I ended up purchasing the SeeMore PTM3.  It has a milled face and a nice weight. I like the center shaft as well.  Others are right in that you have to consistently be able to aim the putter, and that requires practice.

Sounds great.

Did you get fit for and try the Edel fit for you? I only ask because of the bolded portion.

I gamed a SeeMore mFGP before the Edel. Fine putter and I aimed it a little left. I could have compensated, and unknowingly did like most golfers. Good luck with the SeeMore. I've tried many of their newer models but always come back to the mFGP when someone has it on the floor. Hope you enjoy it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

To be honest I did not do the edel fitting. I putted with some that were already there on the floor at Golf Galaxy. There are only 3 fitters in TN. The edel was out of my price range even on the low end. If for some reason I didn't perform as well as I expect with my SeeMore, then I might save up for an Edel.

Note: This thread is 3556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!