IGNORED

My Swing (cipher)

cipher
Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks.  It is good to finally post what I think I should have been doing weeks ago.  However to be honest, all I can think about is the frustration of the two bad tee shots on 16 and 18.

Question.. When you are hitting balls with the driver at the range, do you keep track of where you are hitting them and so on.. I don't mean when you are working in stuff, just hitting away.. I want to keep track of that for my self eventually to really understand my own tendencies.. Not now bit later,..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It must be nice to only be frustrated with 2 shots.  That's a hell of a round bud.  Hows that new putter treating ya?

Thanks, every bad shot is a opportunity to try and earn something.  I love the putter and love AimPoint.  It is unbelievable honestly how much more confidence I have with it and I am making putts that I had no shot to make last year.  The wedges I loved around the greens right away.  It has taken a bit for me to get used to them on full shots but they have really grown on me.  I love those as well.

Question.. When you are hitting balls with the driver at the range, do you keep track of where you are hitting them and so on..

I don't mean when you are working in stuff, just hitting away..

I want to keep track of that for my self eventually to really understand my own tendencies.. Not now bit later,..

I don't write it down or record the results if that is what you mean, I just get a general idea of what is going on.   I really don't know how it would help me.  I know what my problem is(path too out face too closed) and I just continue to try and work on fixing it.  On the days when I can match up the path and the face pretty close, the results are good.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I have been doing the partial swing drill poorly. I have to work on correcting it. I will do that this week. Today was a bad day for the driver. I hate those. Shot one of my worst rounds of 85, on a par 70 and had no penalties except for one lost ball in the thick rough. Here are the shots with the driver. Snap hook, left rough Snap hook, left rough Snap hook, left rough Push, trees right. Barely get it off the ground, right fairway. Low push, right rough. Barely get it off the ground, middle fairway. Low push, right rough. Low shot, middle fairway. Snap hook, left rough. Med height push, right rough. Med height push, right rough. Stupid game.

Nate

I have been doing the partial swing drill poorly. I have to work on correcting it. I will do that this week.

Today was a bad day for the driver. I hate those. Shot one of my worst rounds of 85, on a par 70 and had no penalties except for one lost ball in the thick rough. Here are the shots with the driver.

Snap hook, left rough

Snap hook, left rough

Snap hook, left rough

Push, trees right.

Barely get it off the ground, right fairway.

Low push, right rough.

Barely get it off the ground, middle fairway.

Low push, right rough.

Low shot, middle fairway.

Snap hook, left rough.

Med height push, right rough.

Med height push, right rough.

Stupid game.

I am feeling your pain!!!! Mine were not snap books but the mighty BLOCK right. Something like 60-100 yards right of the fairways.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I am feeling your pain!!!! Mine were not snap hooks but the mighty BLOCK right. Something like 60-100 yards right of the fairways.

I was about I post something similar in your thread. Our golf games are incredibly bipolar at the moment. :D

Nate

I was about I post something similar in your thread. Our golf games are incredibly bipolar at the moment. :D

Well I could snap hook it if I want. All I have to do is just turn the face over and I'll be right there with ya!! :-D

Scary thing is, I got a golf vacation in 3 days. I feel doomed!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Well I could snap hook it if I want. All I have to do is just turn the face over and I'll be right there with ya!!

Scary thing is, I got a golf vacation in 3 days. I feel doomed!!

Ha Ha yeah I am sure!  Oh well have fun on the trip anyway!  It could be worse, you could have a golf tournament coming up soon... :whistle::~(

What is weird is that I will open the face way up and I will just keep shutting it down.   Maybe we should have taken up and easier sport.

Nate

Ha Ha yeah I am sure!  Oh well have fun on the trip anyway!  It could be worse, you could have a golf tournament coming up soon...

What is weird is that I will open the face way up and I will just keep shutting it down.   Maybe we should have taken up and easier sport.

Nah, I love this game too much to give it up :-D

Yea I got to figure out something. Well I know it is my backswing piece. My whole timing was off today though. Just regressed back to the old swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Nah, I love this game too much to give it up :-D Yea I got to figure out something. Well I know it is my backswing piece. My whole timing was off today though. Just regressed back to the old swing.

You will get it cleaned up.

Nate

You will get it cleaned up.

Yea I know. I just didn't think there would be this many growing pains with trying to fix this piece. I need to find something playable. Maybe I should hit punch shots all the time :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong with the driver yesterday.  I got away from bumping my hip at address and I probably started hanging back a bit again, and could not stop from shutting the face down and hitting it thin.  The last two drives when I hit nice little medium height pushes I bumped the hips a bit and the flight was much better.  I found the right rough with both of them, but it was more because of the way I was aligning myself all day.   This morning I continued to focus on the hips being bumped and the rotation of the hips in the downswing and the results continued to improve.  I found 4 of 5 fairways this morning when I used the driver.

I could continue to have problems in the long clubs though, until I get to work on fixing my backswing.  I tend to take the hands low and in, turn the shoulders too flat and then I swing at the ball from and extreme inside position.  I am not sure that any amount of hip turn can really fix my struggles with the hooks in the long run.

Nate

Nate

So what is a better exit?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So what is a better exit?

Because I get so flat at the top my arms tend to fly off my body in the downswing.  Thus problems with hook and problems with shanks on a bad day.  With the exit on the right, look at my hands and how there is less gap between my right hip and the hands.  It is a bit better.  There may be hope for me yet.  The club still overtakes my hands but it is getting better.

Much better. Keep up the good work there, @cipher

Thanks!  I figured that the right elbow change would help.  That and feeling the arms staying more out in front of me.

Nate

Because I get so flat at the top my arms tend to fly off my body in the downswing.  Thus problems with hook and problems with shanks on a bad day.  With the exit on the right, look at my hands and how there is less gap between my right hip and the hands.  It is a bit better.  There may be hope for me yet.  The club still overtakes my hands but it is getting better.

Thanks!  I figured that the right elbow change would help.  That and feeling the arms staying more out in front of me.

Ok that makes more sense!! I was trying to see what was different in the images there. They looked very similar.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok that makes more sense!! I was trying to see what was different in the images there. They looked very similar.

Yeah I forgot to mention the angle of my right arm is a giveaway as well.

Nate

I never thought the right arm bend at address was ever really a problem, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I agree though, you don't see really too many pros with that much softness there.

Obviously what you have it at now is what pros do typically. Just enough softness, so to speak.

Constantine

Note: This thread is 975 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!