IGNORED

Golf Town -> Golfsmith

Note: This thread is 4073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A few years ago they opened a bunch of Golf Town stores around MA, but I got an email a few days ago that they were transitioning to Golfsmiths. I liked Golf Town, but Golfsmith is nice too. Anyone know if this transition is only the U.S. stores (which, so far as I know, are only in MA so far), or is this the Canadian stores as well?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

According to their website it is only the US stores.

Quote:

Have you heard? Golf Town and Golfsmith have recently combined to become the largest golf retailer in the world! To better serve you in the US, we are transitioning our US Golf Town site to Golfsmith.com.

Looking for Golf Town? No need to worry! We will still be operating our Golf Town stores in Canada. Our US Golf Town stores will be switching over to Golfsmith stores in the near future.

If you're looking for Golf Town specific products, brands or Canadian stores visit golftown.ca .

If you want to shop for golf products here in the US we'd like to welcome you to golfsmith.com .

Interested in learning more about how Golf Town and Golfsmith have combined? Click here for details.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Golf Town acquired Golfsmith last year. A better, faster entry strategy to the US market. Up to that point,they'd only opened a handful of US stores in MA. I would imagine the Golfsmith brand is better known in the US so that's what they'll go with in the States and keep te Golf Town brand here in Canada, where it is by far the leading golf retailer.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

The store in Reading, MA changed the sign last month.  I went in yesterday and the staff was all different people. I hope folks didn't lose jobs over this.  The store doesn't seem much different inside.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Interesting. I just went to the Golf Town in Seekonk for the very first time about a week ago (got a driver given to me re-gripped) and I was in complete and total gear overload. My neck was on a swivel looking at everything in that place! I'll be interested to see what happens to the store/inventory with it becoming Golfsmith. Up to now (which hasn't been that long) I've bought my gear at Dicks which is only 5 minutes from me, but the Golf Town/Golfsmith store is only 12-13 minutes from my office so I may end up there a bunch.

Russ B.

The store in Reading, MA changed the sign last month.  I went in yesterday and the staff was all different people. I hope folks didn't lose jobs over this.  The store doesn't seem much different inside.

I hope not, I've got a few friends who worked there, and the staffs (I've been to the Natick, Bellingham, and Northborough stores) were always nice. [quote name="tristanhilton85" url="/t/65219/golf-town-golfsmith/0_30#post_815582"]According to their website it is only the US stores. [/quote] :doh: Guess I didn't read that thing closely enough.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!